Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:22 PM   #883

Solo Rvers Club
Hi all! I just pulled into Southwoods RV Resort in Byron, NY for the Escapees Chapter 41 rally. Are there any other Solos here?
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2015, 05:20 AM   #884

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevnicka1 View Post
Mikensallyt: Good luck in your ventures....I'm also a solo in Texas...have you joined Texas Boomers?? They have monthly get togethers in different locations. Anyway your food fare sounds yummy, especially the blue cheese wine & beer! I used to raise German Shepherds....now my traveling buddies are two standard poodles....(they don't shed....very smart like Shepherds). Keep in touch.
bevnicka1, Waxahachie, TX
@Bev
tks, I'll have to check out Texas Boomers and make plans for the 4th if its not to late /Mikey
Old 06-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #885

blueseal

Hello,

I am a solo rv'r now,can someone please advise if there are rallies for solos and solo RV clubs that I could look into?

Thank you very much,
Blueseal
blueseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:30 AM   #886

Solo Rvers Club
What RV do you have? I'd start there to see if the manufacturer sponsors any regular or solos club. Escapees does have a Solos BoF (Birds of a Feather) group (and Escapees is a great club itself). There is LOWs (Loners On Wheels) but, I understand you MUST be truly solo (never married, divorced or partner deceased); otherwise you are NOT welcome. I believe there are other solo groups / clubs. A Google search should help find them.
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:46 AM   #887

Thank you, I appreciate the help. I will look into your suggestions.

Blueseal
blueseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:43 AM   #888

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi All!
I'm a Solo RVer, new to the group (not to RVing or being solo). (And new to this forum thingy... already posting in the wrong spot. LOL)
I'll be at the Texas Boomers 4th of July Rally near Kerrville, Texas. Hope to meet some of you there!

Julie
aka Kernut the Blond
RVRollabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:14 PM   #889

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRollabout View Post
Hi All!
I'm a Solo RVer, new to the group (not to RVing or being solo). (And new to this forum thingy... already posting in the wrong spot. LOL)
I'll be at the Texas Boomers 4th of July Rally near Kerrville, Texas. Hope to meet some of you there!

Julie
aka Kernut the Blond
Welcome Julie!

mangy dog
mangy dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:53 PM   #890

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Hi All!

Julie
aka Kernut the Blond
Hey Julie,

Checked out your blog...kewl! You may want to check out the RVMutants thread here.. Sounds to me like you might fit right in.

Have a wonderful day.
Ken RVM #87
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:09 PM   #891

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks, Mangy Dog!
Old 06-16-2015, 01:19 PM   #892

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks, Ken! Glad you enjoyed my bonkers blog.
Checked out the RV Mutant thread... I think I would definitely fit in with RVM! LOL Is there a group page? Where do I join?

Thanks!
Julie
aka Kernut the Blond
Old 06-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #893

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Thanks, Ken! Glad you enjoyed my bonkers blog.
Checked out the RV Mutant thread... I think I would definitely fit in with RVM! LOL Is there a group page? Where do I join?

Thanks!
Julie
aka Kernut the Blond
Hey Julie, Just read the first few posts in the RV Mutant Thread and post in the thread answering the question and making the declaration. Once you're accepted there you will receive info on the other sites. Lookin' forward to your request.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:18 PM   #894

Carolina Campers
Hey folks,

Im a newbie and going solo (not counting my dog ranger!). just want to say hello from pinehurst nc.

i just bought a 2008 monaco cayman diesel pusher with about 8200 miles but sad to say its one of the models that have the faulty rear trailing arms. i wish i would have know that up front, i thought id done the homework but......such is life.

my first trip is from nc to wisconsin at the end of the month (july-2015) for a couple weeks then head west to oregon. i have family there but as important, a co called source engineering in oregon is going to replace my trailing arms and im probably going to have them install what they call a ride enhancement kit which im told makes the rig ride much much better than new!

ive traveled my entire life and feel that im semi resourceful but...this rv thing has me a little worried, i guess id be a little dim if i wasent nervous?

any solo folks in central nc? any advice for a newbie?

thx in advance, lots of nice folks out there on the forums.

dave
2008 monaco cayman
2005 chrysler sebring convertible on a dolly....soon as buy one.
gigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:47 PM   #895

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Hi All!

Julie
aka Kernut the Blond
Welcome Julie, I've seen you on Yahoo RV singles. Hope to get to Texas late next Spring. Spend my Winters in CA and AZ and may go East down I-10 next year. My Solos group usually has a dance rally in Bandera. In CO now so won't make it for July 4th.
Rich
Old 07-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #896

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem View Post
Hey folks,

Im a newbie and going solo (not counting my dog ranger!). just want to say hello from pinehurst nc.

i just bought a 2008 monaco cayman diesel pusher with about 8200 miles but sad to say its one of the models that have the faulty rear trailing arms. i wish i would have know that up front, i thought id done the homework but......such is life.

my first trip is from nc to wisconsin at the end of the month (july-2015) for a couple weeks then head west to oregon. i have family there but as important, a co called source engineering in oregon is going to replace my trailing arms and im probably going to have them install what they call a ride enhancement kit which im told makes the rig ride much much better than new!

ive traveled my entire life and feel that im semi resourceful but...this rv thing has me a little worried, i guess id be a little dim if i wasent nervous?

any solo folks in central nc? any advice for a newbie?

thx in advance, lots of nice folks out there on the forums.

dave
2008 monaco cayman
2005 chrysler sebring convertible on a dolly....soon as buy one.
Welcome Dave, have heard of that problem. Almost a brand new coach you bought. They have an excellent reputation and, after the trailing arm thing, you'll have a great unit. Hope to meet you on the road someday.
Rich

Tags
kz-rv