Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-07-2019, 08:41 PM   #1415

Hello,
Newbie solo full timer. I started my quest the end of July. Made my first cross country trip in October and now enjoying a warm winter in Yuma, AZ.
RVGlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2020, 06:47 AM   #1416

I'm Michael, been full-time RVing since May 2015. Retired military but still work from home. Have a 2017 Heartland Cyclone 4005. Feel like I've learned everything the hard way when it comes to being a full-timer, but isn't that what life is about ;-). I'm new to the site and looking forward to meeting new people out there with similar likes. Wishing everyone safe travels.

Michael
msully4891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:23 AM   #1417

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by msully4891 View Post
I'm Michael, been full-time RVing since May 2015. Retired military but still work from home. Have a 2017 Heartland Cyclone 4005. Feel like I've learned everything the hard way when it comes to being a full-timer, but isn't that what life is about ;-). I'm new to the site and looking forward to meeting new people out there with similar likes. Wishing everyone safe travels.

Michael
Hi Michael welcome aboard!! Nice to meet you !! Looks like I'll be doing a semi-full time soon, traveling for a few months then a few months back at the sticks and bricks (which is going to be very small and efficient with a BIG cover for the bus. LOL
Old 02-04-2020, 09:08 AM   #1418

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome Michael. I am p/t rving as I still have an S&B. Still trying to figure out what to do with that S&B and the contents within it. At any rate, glad to see you here. Safe travels.
Joyce
joycev1105a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:02 PM   #1419

Smile On the road and loving it.

I lived on boats for 15 + years and then became a landlubber for a number of years. My husband passed away about a year and a half ago. Decided I didn't need the house and yard to take care of. I wanted to retire and see the country. So, bought my 2002 Lazy Daze, sold the house and got on the road October 2018. Started in Texas and have been to Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina and headed to Georgia, and Florida. Will eventually wind up out west. I love the lifestyle.
captlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:02 AM   #1420

Solo Rvers Club
Welcome captlyn! Much of your boating experience will transfer to RV living. If you haven't joined any RV clubs yet, I'd STRONGLY recommend the Escapees RV Club. The FMCA is another good resource (I belong to both but, if I could only afford one, it would be Escapees). Both groups regularly run major RV rallies. At these rallies, you can get your rig "Smart Weighed", see lots of vendors, attend a wide variety of educational seminars and meet lots of RVers (both couples and solos). Many larger rallies offer group parking for solos. If you'd like to be parked with other solos, mention it when you register and tell the parking crew when you arrive. Again, WELCOME! Regards, John
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #1421

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by captlyn View Post
I lived on boats for 15 + years and then became a landlubber for a number of years. My husband passed away about a year and a half ago. Decided I didn't need the house and yard to take care of. I wanted to retire and see the country. So, bought my 2002 Lazy Daze, sold the house and got on the road October 2018. Started in Texas and have been to Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina and headed to Georgia, and Florida. Will eventually wind up out west. I love the lifestyle.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:32 PM   #1422

Have been a solo adventurer since becoming a widow 8 years ago. Sold the trailer and bought a great truck camper. Took it across country a couple of times. My house burned in one of the CA fires and now I have a class C. I love to travel. It is different going it solo but I wasn't going to wait around hoping to find someone to travel with. What I miss most is sitting around the campfire at night with someone to share the day with. Tried to teach my dogs to play cribbage but they weren't interested. Happy trails and safe travels.
Silvergrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:26 PM   #1423

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Silvergray, Whereabouts was your house in one of the California fires? I have a couple of family members that lost their home and work places in the paradise camp fire. Where are you headed next? I taught my dog how to play cribbage. Hope to see you around the campfire sometime soon. Joyce.
joycev1105a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:06 AM   #1424

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergrey View Post
Have been a solo adventurer since becoming a widow 8 years ago. Sold the trailer and bought a great truck camper. Took it across country a couple of times. My house burned in one of the CA fires and now I have a class C. I love to travel. It is different going it solo but I wasn't going to wait around hoping to find someone to travel with. What I miss most is sitting around the campfire at night with someone to share the day with. Tried to teach my dogs to play cribbage but they weren't interested. Happy trails and safe travels.
Maybe your gogs don't like cribbage. Have you tried a different game? I suggest "fetch"
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:45 AM   #1425

Hi, I did my intro in a different forum, but might as well join this one. Im a single male age 56, retired at 53 and have been full timing a year before I retired, so 4 years now, in a new/was new 26bh, forest river grey wolf. I love the ease of the lifestyle. Being as the camper isn't made for full timing, things needed to be changed/redone. I had to fix where the cheep pressed wood cabinets swelled and paint them. Last month ripped out the kitchen benches and table and the cheep couch. Its roomy now and well open. Replaced kitchen with 2 stool island on wheels with drop down/up table side. Sorry tossed the cheep bed also. Replaced that with a chair that becomes a chair with armrests and fold flat for a bed. If I meet a nice girl ill get another one and put side by side. But if I meet a nice girl, she will probably want a bigger camper. ha ha.
travelorer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:33 AM   #1426

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycev1105a View Post
Hi Silvergray, Whereabouts was your house in one of the California fires? I have a couple of family members that lost their home and work places in the paradise camp fire. Where are you headed next? I taught my dog how to play cribbage. Hope to see you around the campfire sometime soon. Joyce.
Hello Joyce, My house burned in the Helena fire. August 30, 2017. I wasn't home, traveling again and didn't know until I tried calling a friend that was taking care of my canaries. It was a bad fire for where I live. Trinity County. Lost everything. But I am a walking commercial for keeping good home owners insurance. First claim in 30 years but I am so glad I kept it up. Taking a short jaunt to the coast to listen to the waves for a couple of days. Always up to sharing a campfire. Cheri
Silvergrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:12 AM   #1427

Just discovering this thread. Been RVing 40+years, alone now. I have not been “brave” enough to get out to travel near as much as I would like. With all the kids busy with their lives, I’m preparing for more this year. Still maintaining a beach house in SC, and covered RV camp for the Monaco in the mountains of NC. Want just one more cross country trip....at least.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:48 PM   #1428

That is awesome I welcome you to my 8 acres in Macon County Tennessee if you happen to pass through the area, it's beautiful out here as well, I hope you enjoy the rvers life I had a small sample of it and I want more
Walt Hoffman
waltlove7200 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv