Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-22-2020, 10:23 AM   #1443

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGlen View Post
I had the same problem with my dog then someone suggested turning your emergency flashers on to check brake lights. I don't know

I have heard that too. My problem is my darn Invisibrake that has cost me thousands of dollars and many miles to maintain.
Skywagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2020, 10:23 AM   #1444

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaB View Post
My Bichon wasn't much help either. I was reduced to using my ice scraper braced between the brake pedal and drivers seat.

Will do. Thx.
Skywagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:01 PM   #1445

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
Soloed now for 2.5 years. Crossed country five times, 21,000 miles. Only problem I have had is my dog will not hold motor home brake pedal so I can check towed vehicle lights each morning.
Yeah, I know the feeling. My two cats are worthless when it comes to that sort of thing. They won't even talk to me while I drive. They just hide out.
captlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:28 AM   #1446

Solo RV'er checking in.

Hello all,
My name is Jason and I'm happy to be joining the community. I recently purchased my first Travel Trailer (2017 R-Pod 180) and can't wait to get the green light to travel with it! I just stopped in to say hello. Stay safe and happy travels! -Jason R
Jbugg81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:19 PM   #1447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbugg81 View Post
Hello all,
....and can't wait to get the green light to travel with it! I just stopped in to say hello. Stay safe and happy travels! -Jason R
Welcome Jason. Just so you know you do not need permission of big brother to travel. Since the first stay at home suggestions, I have logged more than 2000 miles. Bought food in Walmarts in 5 different states.

There are all kinds of ways to enjoy your RV and it is a prefect way to social distance. Big brother does control some federal and state parks.

Even if your first trip is a close by small town Walmart parking lot, you are learning what you need.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:08 AM   #1448

Jayco Owners Club
New to Solo RVing

Glad to see the Solo RV thread. I'm not new to irv2 but am new to Solo. Wife and I were out for 16mos in 2016 and 2017 in a 2010 Montana 38' 5er.
Sadly she died suddenly last October. So I got rid of the long 5er and recently picked up a 2018 Jayco Eagle 32'.
The next day the governor shut down the state! So the rig is still sitting at the dealer!

I have plans for some June and September camping with friends here in Michigan before hitting the road in October. 1st to Georgia and Florida to see my uncles, then, out to AZ for the winter.
Meantime I'll install solar and 4-6V batteries for dry camping.
Hoping I have all the monthly $ figured out this time.

I'm 69yrs young and that means I'm 39yrs past my orgininal expiration date!
2004 GMC Sierra HD Diesel, 2018 Jayco Eagle 317
reutherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:48 AM   #1449

Solo Rvers Club
Welcome reutherfan! Condolences on the passing of your wife. I am glad that you choose to remain active and involved. Many (most?) big rallies have an area where solos are grouped. This is totally voluntary so, you must let organizers know if you'd like to be parked in the solos area and upon arrival, let the parking team know. Congratulations on your new rig. If it were me, I would NOT allow it to sit at the dealership for an extended time. I've heard too many horror stories of borrowed/stolen parts; physical damage and I'd bet the dealer does NOT keep it plugged in so, you can expect a dead battery just from parasitic discharge. Of course, the final decision is yours. If the trailer needs work, it's usually better to NOT take delivery and make final payment. Holding some cash back until EVERYTHING is 100% is the best (and possibly the only) way to be sure that ANY & ALL warranty issued are FULLY resolved to your satisfaction. Far too many dealers forget that they have any responsibility once a unit is off their lot. MI might have a Lemon Law that covers RVs (most states do NOT have such consumer protection in place).
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:38 AM   #1450

Jayco Owners Club
Thanks for the welcome NY24.
My Niece is a sales manager at the dealership so I'm confident I'll be quite satisfied with my purchase when I take possession on May 29.
Meanwhile I'm exploring self-installed backup cameras. Any tips??
Old 05-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #1451

Jayco Owners Club
Start a thread??

Not sure how to start a thread on a new topic.

I'd like opinions from others about preference between two Champion portable generators; 4000w ($564) and 3400w ($930)

The 4000w runs at 64db and the 3400 runs at 59db.
Not sure if 5 db makes much difference or not.

Someone want to tell me how to start a new thread so I can get some responses from the greater community?

2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4X4
Old 05-14-2020, 01:16 PM   #1452

Jayco Owners Club
Uh, a little more research on my part and I figured out how to start a thread. But I also found a forum where my generator question was answered.
As usual, once I asked for help with a question I found the answer myself! Happens all the time to me......

2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4X4
Old 05-14-2020, 09:26 PM   #1453

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reutherfan View Post
The 4000w runs at 64db and the 3400 runs at 59db.
Not sure if 5 db makes much difference or not.
Simple answer is yes, that's nearly twice as loud.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:09 AM   #1454

Jayco Owners Club
Start a thread??

Thanks, 1bigmess, I made a purchase. Found a Champion 3150W that runs at 58db. It should be sufficient for my use
Old 06-25-2020, 01:27 PM   #1455

Anyone who is alone have the Cherokee (forst river) arctic wolf? It's an entry level, I just wanted to see if anyone has had any issues with them? Cheap version of Northwood Arctic Fox? Or at least trying to claim it is all season ect ect. It's like $34,000 for a 34' 311ML version with the middle living space. Have any solos got the wolf?
gertpacu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:53 PM   #1456

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I don't have one, but I know it is *not* a Northwood product. Arctic Fox brand is a top of the Northwood product line trailer made in LaGrande, OR. Forest River is made in Elkhart, IN.

Tags
kz-rv