Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:09 AM   #1541
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hello All,
Well I have not posted on here for a very long time. Do to the fact that from Oct. 2013 until March of 2021, although I was living fulltime in a travel trailer had no way to move it. However since March of 2021 I have a new Motorhome and back on the road again!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2021, 03:34 PM   #1542

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL View Post
Hello All,
Well I have not posted on here for a very long time. Do to the fact that from Oct. 2013 until March of 2021, although I was living fulltime in a travel trailer had no way to move it. However since March of 2021 I have a new Motorhome and back on the road again!!
Glad you are back out there "moving" ... and in an Entegra no less Safe travels. Lynn
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:12 PM   #1543
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Hi Al. Post up where you've been. We'd love to hear about your journeys & how your Vision is treating you.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 08:09 AM   #1544

Greetings Solo travelers. When I get my motor home and make some improvements to it my Golden Boy and I will be off for some long term travels. Good thing I will have a dog to talk to when the going gets tough…..LOL
Zapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 04:50 AM   #1545

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp View Post
Greetings Solo travelers. When I get my motor home and make some improvements to it my Golden Boy and I will be off for some long term travels. Good thing I will have a dog to talk to when the going gets tough…..LOL
Welcome. Yes, dogs are very good "travelers".
Old 09-09-2021, 05:00 PM   #1546

I would go anywhere with out my baby girl! 100 lbs black lab. She is the first thing I think about when planning where to stop, she is a great friend on the road and scares the booga-bears away. It is her truck and she lets you know it 😌
PalBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:49 PM   #1547

Hi,
Thought I'd check in.
I too am one of the rare solo RV people.
Still working, not retired.
Based out of the Grand Junction Colorado area.
It's just me and my two aussie shepard mix mutts.
I mainly stick to the desert SW and SoCal, for now.
Driving a 97 Monaco Executive DP
Old 09-16-2021, 06:06 AM   #1548

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
Hi,
Thought I'd check in.
I too am one of the rare solo RV people.
Still working, not retired.
Based out of the Grand Junction Colorado area.
It's just me and my two aussie shepard mix mutts.
I mainly stick to the desert SW and SoCal, for now.
Driving a 97 Monaco Executive DP
Welcome! Wow ... a 24 year old coach ... how many miles do you have on it?
Old 09-16-2021, 11:43 AM   #1549

Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciesMom View Post
If you're new to IRV2 Solo's, check in here and introduce yourself! And a warm welcome from the gang in the solo forum!!

I am new to IRV2, RVing, pulling anything behind my truck, living in a small space - all of it.

I am temporarily staying in my new Forest River Surveyor while I plan my house building. Once the house is done, I'll start to travel for real. Very exciting and fun! Glad to be here. I'll have lots of questions
WPB211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 02:18 AM   #1550

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Keeping It Real

Hello All...

Just me and the Pooch...

New to the Solo routine as a Retired Full Time Snowbird RVer with a Western orientation from Pacific NW Coast in warmer months - to Desert SW for colder months (SoCal/AZ). Rinse and repeat and turn into a Snowbird.

May investigate some of the Solo Oriented Groups mentioned in the threads - Any Recommendations?

James
jfriedhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 01:41 PM   #1551

Hello,

I hadnt intended on being a solo rv'er, but life decided to throw me that curve ball by taking my wife away from me before we had a chance to rv together. So, I am continuing on with our plan and instead of us enjoying all the sites that she gave me as her bucket list to see, I am going to go finish her bucket list for her and make a video memory of it using my drone. I know its going to be different, and I hope I meet other solo travellers on my journeys to talk to and share experiences. See you all on the road,

John
TravelnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 08:31 PM   #1552

New Solo Rver~ all advice welcome!

HI Everyone,
I'm brand new at this, leaving SoCal at the end of the month for a slow trek to the East Coast and up to Cape Cod by May. In the meantime... any advice? Hope to meet some of you along the way.
:-))
pterodactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 11:32 PM   #1553

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pterodactyl View Post
HI Everyone,
I'm brand new at this, leaving SoCal at the end of the month for a slow trek to the East Coast and up to Cape Cod by May. In the meantime... any advice? Hope to meet some of you along the way.
:-))
WELCOME! If you're NOT reading Chuck Woodbury's FREE RVTravel.com enewsletter, START! Donations are gratefully accepted but strictly optional. Chuck and his staff are pretty much the only RV voice for RV consumers who HASN'T "sold out" to corporations in exchange for advertising dollars. If you haven't joined an RV club yet, I'd recommend the Escapees RV Club or the FMCA. Both offer a wide array of information and services for a relatively modest annual membership fee. I belong to both (as well as several smaller groups) BUT, if I could only belong to one, I'd pick the Escapees hands down. There are numerous RV rallies and events starting back up as Covid (hopefully) continues to wane. The Escapees offer their RV Boot Camp which I STRONGLY recommend that ALL RVers attend, ESPECIALLY "newbies". FMCA, RVSEF and other groups offer their own version of this important training. RVBC is usually done over a weekend; often just before one of their major rallies (called "Escapades"). Just DO it; you'll thank me later. Mark Polk runs RVEducation101.com which covers most of what is covered in RVBC. Mark does it via DVDs he's created. LOTS of things to learn (some things) like weight ratings can be VERY arcane and, It's VERY important to get your weights right. I was able to borrow a few of Mark's DVDs from my local library. I was impressed enough to pay for other titles in the series. Mistakes made with RVs are often expensive and, sometimes dangerous. MUCH better for a newbie to learn from other RVers mistakes. If you're driving solo across America, I'd recommend that you allow at least TWICE the time you think it will take. BEFORE heading out on such a major trek, do several "local" trips to allow yourself to really get to know your rig and all the systems you'll be dealing with. Some newbies start by "camping" in their driveway or yard. If you can go 3 ~ 5 days WITHOUT having to enter your "stick & brick" you should be fine for a somewhat longer RV adventure. Good Luck and again, WELCOME!

PS: You will be traveling through MANY jurisdictions and, learning what the Covid requirements (if any) apply could be VERY difficult (as well as a "moving target") . If you are not "Fully Vaccinated" and "Boosted" I'd recommend that to get "protected" before you start out.
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 05:34 PM   #1554

Welcome Pterodactyl!
Great suggestions from NY24. I would add; get the America the Beautiful pass. You will be passing by/through many, many Nat'l Parks, Monuments, National forests etc along the way. Even in the East there are Nat'l Battlefields and other parks.

Never hesitate to take an unplanned detour to visit a park or other interesting place which you might never be able to get back to.

Stay off the freeways whenever possible. The secondary highways are usually much more interesting, less stressful to drive and closer to the worthwhile stopovers.

RVers are generally a very helpful , generous group. Pass on the help and generosity!

Always leave your campsite cleaner than you found it, even if it means picking up another's mess.

Above all, remember it is the journey, not the destination that matters most.

Say hello when you're in the neighborhood!

Tags
kz-rv