Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-05-2023, 03:54 PM   #1597

Solo rv traveler

Hi! I’m not a new solo, but I’m a newer solo traveler in my overkill class c. Lol! It’s a 32’ Coachman Freelander, and the price vs. value was not to be denied! Anyhow, I soloed in my Roadtrek and 32’ is quite different from the 18’ stealth size. Im actively showing my toy sized dogs, but haven’t yet used my gal for pure fun yet. Thanks for reading!
Kittierue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2023, 06:47 PM   #1598

New Solo. New RV (Thor C Outlaw 19J Toy Hauler). What else is there to say?

Love to travel - was a million miler in the air running sales for multinational software companies. Been there done that. Now, time to enjoy my other love, terrestrial travel (at least not in the air), meeting new friends, brewing beer (havent figured that one out while traveling yet), exploring new places and revisiting some of the places I went to as a child camping with family.

The big gap is doing that with friends, meeting up from time to time etc. Much more fun than Solo. Solo sometimes in nice but also good to share stories at the end of the day.

Happy Trails!
Skytraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 02:00 PM   #1599

I just found this forum today and am surprised at how many solos are out there. I have been a member of IRV2 for years and see a lot of familiar user names here. I can't say that I am a solo rv'er yet. I am still trying to decide if I even want to keep the rv. My wife had a massive stroke last August and died three days later. I am still devastated.

I have been out on about 4 occasions since my darling passed away, and must say it has been very, very different. I will probably go on a trip that she and I were already planning for this spring to see how it works out. That may help drive my decision about the rv.

Sorry for everyone's loss, but it is good to know that you are carrying on. Glad I found this forum.
Old 03-22-2023, 04:31 PM   #1600

welcome & so sorry for your loss. wishing many new travels ."she's" still with you in spirit.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:12 PM   #1601

Overland Owners Club
Checking in. Mike here will be traveling with my 6 year ols Malamute Koda. Have spent the last 7 years splitting my time between my 37 ft Hatteras fresh water, Great Loop then on to a 50 ft Hatteras on the ocean and my sticks and bricks. Sold the boat last week now a Land adventure. 2001 Alpen lite 11DX single slide on a 2004 F350 4x4 towing a 24 ft enclosed with my 2011 RZR 900XP. Phoenix to the Grand Canyon then to Yosemite then along the coast to Oregon and Washington then a right turn across the US. A National park tour. Lets hear it for the Access Pass.
MikeMcK54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 04:37 AM   #1602

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcK54 View Post
Checking in. Mike here will be traveling with my 6 year ols Malamute Koda. Have spent the last 7 years splitting my time between my 37 ft Hatteras fresh water, Great Loop then on to a 50 ft Hatteras on the ocean and my sticks and bricks. Sold the boat last week now a Land adventure. 2001 Alpen lite 11DX single slide on a 2004 F350 4x4 towing a 24 ft enclosed with my 2011 RZR 900XP. Phoenix to the Grand Canyon then to Yosemite then along the coast to Oregon and Washington then a right turn across the US. A National park tour. Lets hear it for the Access Pass.
Welcome to your "land adventure". Hope it is all you hope it will be. National Park tour is great, unfortunately a lot of other people think so too ... finding reasonably priced, or for that matter, any available camping spots near all the major National Parks can be a challenge.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:33 PM   #1603

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Welcome to your "land adventure". Hope it is all you hope it will be. National Park tour is great, unfortunately a lot of other people think so too ... finding reasonably priced, or for that matter, any available camping spots near all the major National Parks can be a challenge.

That is so true. Of course If I'm prepared for boondocking the dispersed or BLM areas can be just as rewarding. The plan is to see this great country of ours. The National parks are the rough route.
Old 03-28-2023, 10:59 AM   #1604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytraveler View Post
New Solo. New RV (Thor C Outlaw 19J Toy Hauler). What else is there to say?

Love to travel - was a million miler in the air running sales for multinational software companies. Been there done that. Now, time to enjoy my other love, terrestrial travel (at least not in the air), meeting new friends, brewing beer (havent figured that one out while traveling yet), exploring new places and revisiting some of the places I went to as a child camping with family.

The big gap is doing that with friends, meeting up from time to time etc. Much more fun than Solo. Solo sometimes in nice but also good to share stories at the end of the day.

Happy Trails!
Opps. That's a 29J
Skytraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 09:14 AM   #1605

Overland Owners Club
Quote:

Well the great Land adventure is becoming closer to fruition. Last week I purchased both the trailer and popup camper.
Trailer a 26 ft Pace American. 10,000 # GVW. 26'x8'4". A bit bigger than originally planned but fits my needs and had some features I liked. Interior winch and electric jack. Of course the wrap needs to be removed.

Next was the pop up camper. Hallmark UTE LX short bed. This camper checked all the boxes. Pop up to keep the height, weight and center of gravity down, fully self-contained and a short bed to allow me to install my 110 gallon transfer tank. Combined weight 1000 # under trucks payload rating. Camper goes on the Blue Dually.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230306_095326_resized.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	493.4 KB
ID:	389948   Click image for larger version

Name:	00V0V_hnJreYlpPjk_0mU0ds_1200x900.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	389949  

Click image for larger version

Name:	331012878_902538031036016_7917462586861435670_n.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	389950  
Old 04-10-2023, 05:34 AM   #1606

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcK54 View Post
Well the great Land adventure is becoming closer to fruition. Last week I purchased both the trailer and popup camper.
Trailer a 26 ft Pace American. 10,000 # GVW. 26'x8'4". A bit bigger than originally planned but fits my needs and had some features I liked. Interior winch and electric jack. Of course the wrap needs to be removed.

Next was the pop up camper. Hallmark UTE LX short bed. This camper checked all the boxes. Pop up to keep the height, weight and center of gravity down, fully self-contained and a short bed to allow me to install my 110 gallon transfer tank. Combined weight 1000 # under trucks payload rating. Camper goes on the Blue Dually.
Wow ... safe travels and looks like you are set up to "boon dock". Some RV parks won't allow a truck camper, so when you are ready to go to a rv park, you may want to check before arriving.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 10:28 PM   #1607

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Wow ... safe travels and looks like you are set up to "boon dock". Some RV parks won't allow a truck camper, so when you are ready to go to a rv park, you may want to check before arriving.
Thanks for the TIP on no truck campers. I'm also way over 10 years old as truck camper is a 2005.
Not a fan of RV parks. I prefer National and State Parks dispersed camping with the occasional FHU and showers. Retired so never in a hurry.
Safe Travels
Old 04-12-2023, 11:54 PM   #1608

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Hi! I'm Lori. Solo RV'er full-time. Bought a MH last September; gave up my apartment and moved into it in November, drove to South Texas for winter. Home is 'where I park it', Iowa.

I've actually been living 'solo' for around 6 1/2 years now. Some of the joys and challenges of Solo living just transferred from sticks and bricks... but moving into the RV has definitely added a few of both.

I always did want to get an RV and travel extensively in retirement. Didn't plan on doing it alone, but alone I am... SO. You know - it sure beats being alone in an apartment in a town that was no longer a good fit and way to far from my kids. This just makes sense for me and I'll do it until it doesn't. I am lucky to have a loving and supportive family.

My motorhome is a 33' Class A - a 2000 National Sea View. The features that really hooked me were the 'basement' storage, cute little kitchen, wardrobe/dressing area. Very livable for 1 person. It's 23 years old and not as shiny as it once was, but Hey, at 61 neither am I!

I'm pretty handy and plan to do quite a bit of DIY updating over the summer. Or maybe over the next 6 years, lol... So far I've just been living and learning my way in it, getting to know what I like and what could work better for me, figuring out where stuff goes and what more I need to get rid of, making a few repairs.

I joined the IRV2 forum in October and so appreciate all I have learned here so far.
NanaBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 02:44 PM   #1609

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaBean View Post
Hi! I'm Lori. Solo RV'er full-time. Bought a MH last September; gave up my apartment and moved into it in November, drove to South Texas for winter. Home is 'where I park it', Iowa.

I've actually been living 'solo' for around 6 1/2 years now. Some of the joys and challenges of Solo living just transferred from sticks and bricks... but moving into the RV has definitely added a few of both.

I always did want to get an RV and travel extensively in retirement. Didn't plan on doing it alone, but alone I am... SO. You know - it sure beats being alone in an apartment in a town that was no longer a good fit and way to far from my kids. This just makes sense for me and I'll do it until it doesn't. I am lucky to have a loving and supportive family.

My motorhome is a 33' Class A - a 2000 National Sea View. The features that really hooked me were the 'basement' storage, cute little kitchen, wardrobe/dressing area. Very livable for 1 person. It's 23 years old and not as shiny as it once was, but Hey, at 61 neither am I!

I'm pretty handy and plan to do quite a bit of DIY updating over the summer. Or maybe over the next 6 years, lol... So far I've just been living and learning my way in it, getting to know what I like and what could work better for me, figuring out where stuff goes and what more I need to get rid of, making a few repairs.

I joined the IRV2 forum in October and so appreciate all I have learned here so far.

Welcome!
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 09:56 PM   #1610

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Thank you!

Tags
kz-rv