Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:33 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
NEW SOLO RV'ERS CHECK IN HERE!!

If you're new to IRV2 Solo's, check in here and introduce yourself! And a warm welcome from the gang in the solo forum!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #2

vfourmax: You have made the right decision, I doubt that you will ever regret it. Remember you can always fall back and re-group. Happy traveling to you.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
We have our New Member Check In Forum HERE.

There's alot more to iRV2 than just one forum.

Be sure to look around.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #4

Homer, This is something I have been tossing around and seriously considering for several years. Granted I have talked myself in and out of such an idea at least 20 times but I just cannot let it go and feel it is something if I do not pursue then later in life I will very much regret doing so.

I guess I am a prime candidate as I have no family left living in the area I live as my daughter lives in another part of the state.

I am also one of those that both of my parents died at ages that did not allow them to enjoy the retirement they worked their whole lives towards as well and there are many things I want to do and see while I still can.

Did I mention that I despise doing yard work and or having the need to shovel snow? Nope, I might fall flat on my face but I have got to try it anyway!
vfourmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #5

vfourmax - WELCOME!! We are so happy to see you on our solo sight! You are so right . . . RVing solo definitely is different than having a traveling partner . . . so many things to learn to do alone, coping with being alone a lot of the time. We're here for you! I think about any question you might have, you'll either find an answer here or someone that has had the same experience and that can offer advice to you. Questions I had when I first started off solo ranged everywhere from how to hook up the toad alone (it's not as hard as I thought it would be) to the whole black water/grey water thing. Funny, how we make things seem so much worse than they actually are by just DWELLING on them. Well . . . I've been out here by myself now since June of 2008, RVing full time since November 2006, and I AM LOVING IT - AND YOU WILL TOO! I'm usually not much of a joiner but I joined this website for moral support and for information . . . now I've joined a few other RV groups that have get-togethers or "meet ups" and I have to say, those have made this experience much more rewarding. I will be visiting Yuma on the 15th of December for a Wandering Individuals GTG (get together), then onto Quartzite for another GTG with several other groups (Escapee's SOLO, Loners on Wheels and Wandering Individuals). Not only are the get togethers fun (I just left the LoW Ranch in Deming where I made so many great new friends!) but it's a perfect place for you to meet people to travel with. This is my first time traveling with anyone and it's made things a lot easier . . . less stressful . . . less lonely . . . and more fun!!!

You have such a wonderful adventure ahead of you! And we'll be here for you every mile of the journey!!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #6

Island Momma - I can fix that. Well, you could too . . . just start a thread for new members on this forum. I think that'll be ok . . . since singles do tend to come here to announce that they're new first . . .
Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandMomma:
Welcome Bill...I was just thinking there should be a thread where new ppl introduce themselves. What will you be travelling in?

IM
My mode of transportation will be an older Coachmen 30' class "A". I have owned several RV's over the years and the floorplan and size of this unit fit what I was looking for along with a pricing structure that made me smile! I will also be towing a 21' pontoon boat and that will also double as a platform for a motorcycle to ride on when on the road!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Route 66:
We have our New Member Check In Forum HERE.

There's alot more to iRV2 than just one forum.

Be sure to look around.
Yes definately been spending some time searching around the site and hope to frequent a few of the different forums available here.

I was drawn though by the Solo forum as this allows a perspective in many areas that is different to those that travel as a couple.

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #9

VFOURMAX: Sounds like you have things pretty well scoped out.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #10

Yes, welcome, max!! And Route 66? I meant a new person thread on this forum. I do not know about you other folk but I almost never go anywhere else on iRV2...

So far, it seems as if ppl are just posting their own announcements when they join here so that also seems fine to me. I have given up on being 'rule-driven' LOL...isn't that a perk of retirement??

IM
IslandMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #11

Welcome Bill...I was just thinking there should be a thread where new ppl introduce themselves. What will you be travelling in?

IM
IslandMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:43 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Hey Jim, next time you are in the area to visit your kids give me a holler and we can get together for coffee.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:43 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey Barbara,

Interestingly, all my kids live in Cypress. I lived there about 15 years myself.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:43 AM   #14
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey GM,

I don't think your nuts for doing what you want, I think it's great !! As for your friend and his work ethic, I had good work ethic was always at work a hour before time did not use a lot of sick time, as a matter of fact I lost out on a bunch of money for not useing it! However my point is I still retired as soon as I could and I was only 48!! Has been a little over a year now and I don't regreat getting out early one bit!!

After all Life is about living, not looking back on later and saying darn I wish I did this, or I should have went there!!

Tags
kz-rv