Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:54 AM   #1

RV Caravan into Mexico

I've heard there are RV caravans that go into Mexico, have any of u tried this ? I think that would be interesting, I've done the trip down to Rocky Point out of AZ, but I'd like to go further.
Bill
Bukiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2018, 11:14 AM   #2

This might help....

they have others also in Latin America

30 Day Mexico - Adventuretrek RV Tours & Treks
Evan-Geline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #3

To start, Mike has always been good online help.

https://www.mexicomike.com/rv/rv-caravans.html

and he will recommend Mexico RV Caravan Tours 1-855-327-7555 if you are looking for an existing 'package' approach.

Edit: Here are a couple who are experiencing an RV tour to Mexico. http://www.travelwithkevinandruth.co...to-mexico.html

Edit II: Why not find one and tag along?
Old 04-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukiman View Post
I've heard there are RV caravans that go into Mexico, have any of u tried this ? I think that would be interesting, I've done the trip down to Rocky Point out of AZ, but I'd like to go further.
Bill

I thing getting into Mexico is easy ... it is getting out that is challenging.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
I thing getting into Mexico is easy ... it is getting out that is challenging.
did you mean one may never get out?
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
did you mean one may never get out?
My only challenge was not wanting to leave
Old 04-12-2018, 11:19 PM   #7

One of the highlights of each day's caravan adventure program is sitting around in a circle and playing Bingo

Old 04-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #8

[QUOTE=Tony Lee;4134908]One of the highlights of each day's caravan adventure program is sitting around in a circle and playing Bingo

If Bingo's the big adventure, then I'm selling my RV and going on an adventure website. When my husband was alive, we never sat around drinking and playing Bingo. I'm 61 and looking for a second driver/travel companion with a sense of adventure. I eat very healthfully and one glass of wine is the max for me.
pattypom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #9

The caravans are pricy, not to mention how much money you would lose on bingo.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #10

[QUOTE=pattypom;4135833]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
One of the highlights of each day's caravan adventure program is sitting around in a circle and playing Bingo

If Bingo's the big adventure, then I'm selling my RV and going on an adventure website. When my husband was alive, we never sat around drinking and playing Bingo. I'm 61 and looking for a second driver/travel companion with a sense of adventure. I eat very healthfully and one glass of wine is the max for me.

Then you are all set - both emotionally and physically - to head off by yourself and avoid the aggravation of being herded around by bossy wagon masters and tail enders.
Yes, I couldn't believe it when after an hour of turmoil (but quite amusing to watch) throughout the RV park as they banged and scraped their bigrigs into too-small sites and figured out how to dig out the sewer drains so they could connect and work out how to plug their 50 amp shore power into 15 amp outlets, the hapless caravanees, having paid thousands of dollars to be there, meekly sat around while the wagon master used a loud PA system to harangue everyone - including all the rest of the spectators in the park whether they were interested or not - for 40 minutes - and THEN went on to play bingo for the rest of the afternoon using the same loud distorted sound system.
The other amusing little habit is to hear every RV make a radio call in turn - Caravan XYZ #abc rolling - every time they set off.

Not for everyone, but some people like to give up their freedoms to stop and smell the flowers, or flexibility to leave at 11am or stop at 2pm, in exchange for the illusion of security as they cross the borders into third-world countries such as Canada and Mexico
Old 04-15-2018, 09:18 AM   #11

Mexico

Yes, it sounds a little pricey to me, plus I also am not one for Bingo and I would not like someone with a bull horn telling me what or what not to do, I'd be long gone !
I'll just stick to going to Rocky Point.
Bill
Bukiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:09 PM   #12

If you watch Border Wars on TV, you won’t ever want to go into MX again...
cdinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:40 AM   #13

Yea I wondered if it was safe going with a caravan of RVers or just as dangerous. I don't need to take my precious motorhome into Mexico as much as I'd love to go to Baja California, Mexico