Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:27 PM   #15

An oddball job I could suggest (as it was offered to me recently) would be pedi-cabbing: basically like a bicycle drawn carriage. I have a friend who hangs out outside venues during big events like concerts with his bike carriage and offers to take people to or from their car. Makes pretty good money. It varies but he said women make a lot more. The only reason I turned him down was that I can't really handle being it in the elements so much. It's a neat idea, though.
Weats is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2018, 11:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrwellness View Post
I'm thinking of going back on the road, solo. I was a gypsy for about 7 years, Took time off to get a wee degree in psychology. But have not yet found employment in the field. My gypsy spirit is calling and I was thinking of what kind of work I could do on the road. I painted houses and did graphic design and book illustrations before college. I also do hair and nails. I was wondering if there would be a need for "hair and nails" for other RVer's along the way?

There seems to be a lot of RV related work for the guys, but I don't see work related ideas for women. Any ideas?

Thanks.
wee degree in psychology? Is that for counseling wee ones?
But, on a serious note... it is not a gender issue. There are those of us that are emotionally challenged(males) that face the same issue. Many, if not most CG's are looking for couples. So, being solo is also a problem for that side of the species also.
I have been thinking "what if I (or someone) set up a group or thread or sumthin to form female and male solo's into teams"? The issue, of course is the situation of two RV's and one free site. But, what if the parties were to split the free one into two 1/2 price sites? I wonder how many CG's would go for it. It would depend on the caliber of the people involved of course.
Having owned my own hospitality businesses for 25 years and spent one year as GM for a large RV "resort" (resort kinda), I am confident in my abilities in hosting and being a viable alternative to the "couple" thing. But, there are so many attractive locations and possibilities that want the couple!
The year I ran the park I had two solo males work campers that actually shared a large site and it was worth it to me and the park.
Now that I am finished with the full time working world (health forced retirement) I am planning on going back to the one thing that I really enjoyed, back to nature!
SlaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaterDoc View Post
wee degree in psychology? Is that for counseling wee ones?
But, on a serious note... it is not a gender issue. There are those of us that are emotionally challenged(males) that face the same issue. Many, if not most CG's are looking for couples. So, being solo is also a problem for that side of the species also.
I have been thinking "what if I (or someone) set up a group or thread or sumthin to form female and male solo's into teams"? The issue, of course is the situation of two RV's and one free site. But, what if the parties were to split the free one into two 1/2 price sites? I wonder how many CG's would go for it. It would depend on the caliber of the people involved of course.
Having owned my own hospitality businesses for 25 years and spent one year as GM for a large RV "resort" (resort kinda), I am confident in my abilities in hosting and being a viable alternative to the "couple" thing. But, there are so many attractive locations and possibilities that want the couple!
The year I ran the park I had two solo males work campers that actually shared a large site and it was worth it to me and the park.
Now that I am finished with the full time working world (health forced retirement) I am planning on going back to the one thing that I really enjoyed, back to nature!
That's a good idea and a good pun :-)
Weats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:31 AM   #18

Im single and never an issue finding workcamper or management jobs. Just have to find and use one of the many sites to do this. Many many CG will take singlea no prob.
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #19

Well, it looks like this thread has had a few resurrections since 2015. It also looks like the OP isn't around anymore. But I'm not going to let that stop me from also posting!

Being solo and female at the same time is different than being solo and male at the same time. The very few gender specific differences don't really apply to RVing. They do apply a little to finding work, but not in the context of this thread. The OP even admitted that there are plenty of jobs for a solo male. That means there are plenty of jobs for a solo female. That is, unless you're looking for a woman specific job. Stop limiting yourself to your gender and you won't have any problems.
Itchytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 11:47 PM   #20

It seems like there is always a need for some help with projects like solar on an RV.

It isn't that hard, but it is easier when you are more nimble.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:23 AM   #21

I'm 68 and prefer to solo. Wife won't go and that tickles me to death. Love her to death and get along great. Don't have to listen to slow down, watch that car, i have to pee, you get the point. I get up when i feel like it. I go to Florida every winter for three months. If i want to go to the Martigraw and get hammered, i do it and I don't have to listen to her telling me I'm not 18 anymore. Love to play the dogs and horses. Stay in their lots for days. Do it your way and enjoy. I don't know about you but I'm only living this life 1 time. Have a great time.
Dennis123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:07 PM   #22

workamping.com I think is the site. everything gets listed there now.
gertpacu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis123 View Post
I'm 68 and prefer to solo. Wife won't go and that tickles me to death. Love her to death and get along great. Don't have to listen to slow down, watch that car, i have to pee, you get the point. I get up when i feel like it. I go to Florida every winter for three months. If i want to go to the Martigraw and get hammered, i do it and I don't have to listen to her telling me I'm not 18 anymore. Love to play the dogs and horses. Stay in their lots for days. Do it your way and enjoy. I don't know about you but I'm only living this life 1 time. Have a great time.
Oh goodness.. My "ex" was the same. I had to go to bed with her or she would throw a fit, even if I wasn't tired so I would get satin sheets and slide out once I feel her twitching (she would twitch when she fell asleep). The satin sheets made it easy too. She would get so mad at me when I would go boondocking with my grandpa because she would never be able to reach me. We would be gone for anywhere from 7 days to 30 days. Grandpa was boondocking until he was 94! I inherited his nice Polaris RZR. I lived in NV, and he in CA and we would go north to the sand mountains of NV or south to the actual "sand mountain" area. He had a great solar setup and satellite TV and everything. We could kick it and have some beers and watch TV at night and ride in the day. Some times we stayed out there for 30 days and would also go to the red rocks in south eastern NV. Great places to ride out there.

Grandpa died 2 years ago at 99. He was healthy too, was cancer that popped up and he was too late to get it. Before the cancer he was looking to live to 110 at least. the guy was spry as ever.
gertpacu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
employment, jobs for women, money, women, work