Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #127

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the post. I know you will love the lifestyle once everything is in place and your ready to go. There are so many resources on the net that it's almost mindboggling.

I just became single the first part of the year and have never travelled alone so it's gonna be a major adjustment for me. All my RV'n friends are couples and they kinda disappeared when my wife and I separated. Would like to find others to meet while on the road. If your ever in Pahrump, I have a pull thru with 30 amp hookup. You are welcome to use it. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.
Richard
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #128

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvarner View Post
Thanks for the post. I know you will love the lifestyle once everything is in place and your ready to go. There are so many resources on the net that it's almost mindboggling.

I just became single the first part of the year and have never travelled alone so it's gonna be a major adjustment for me. All my RV'n friends are couples and they kinda disappeared when my wife and I separated. Would like to find others to meet while on the road. If your ever in Pahrump, I have a pull thru with 30 amp hookup. You are welcome to use it. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.
Richard
Hi Richard:
When you get on the road and hopefully before, there are many possibilities for travel with singles to provide a circle of friendship so you don't feel like you are on your own. Check out Loners on Wheels, they have chapters all over the country. Escapees has a Solos chapter. Goodsam may also have a Singles or Solos group, I can't remember all the groups and names now but there is a whole lot of people out there in your shoes that you can share the journey with. Good luck. PM me if you need more info and links. I'm on my phone and need to use my computer to get more detailed.
seeinsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #129

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeinsilver View Post
Hi Richard:
When you get on the road and hopefully before, there are many possibilities for travel with singles to provide a circle of friendship so you don't feel like you are on your own. Check out Loners on Wheels, they have chapters all over the country. Escapees has a Solos chapter. Goodsam may also have a Singles or Solos group, I can't remember all the groups and names now but there is a whole lot of people out there in your shoes that you can share the journey with. Good luck. PM me if you need more info and links. I'm on my phone and need to use my computer to get more detailed.
Thanks Jimmy, I'll check em out. I believe FMCA also has a chapter for singles. I think it's called "singles international" but sounds like it covers a wide area I'll probably join them too. Thanks again.
Richard
Old 09-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #130

Solo Rvers Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to Charliene
Hi Richard

I'm Charliene and I live near Galveston. I too have newly become a solo driver. Having some of the same issues you are having. Except you are a man and know about all the valves and electronics......which I know NOTHING about. Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself as well as say hello .
Charliene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #131

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Charliene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliene View Post

I'm Charliene and I live near Galveston. I too have newly become a solo driver. Having some of the same issues you are having. Except you are a man and know about all the valves and electronics......which I know NOTHING about. Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself as well as say hello .
Hi back. Really good to hear from people in the same boat as I. Don't know too much about valves but was an electronics engineer in another life. Are you a member of any singles RV associations? Maybe I'll just join em all and weed em out later Bet you get a lot of company in the winter. Bought my Itasca in Houston and drove back to NV. Thought I'd never get out of Texas I do have good friends in Temple. Been threatening to visit them but have been busy lately. Things are calming down now so may have a chance to get out of here. If i'm ever in your neighborhood, I'll let you know and you do the same.
Richard
Old 09-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #132

Another Solo RVer - Sailor Don

Hello to y'all solo RVer's.

I was a solo tent camper until 2 months ago when I bought a new 2014 Wilderness 2175 RB Travel Trailer.

I've already logged 1,000 miles of camping in my new travel trailer.

I'm in the 65 - 70 age group. Single, retired, loving the outdoors.

Right now my activities revolve around my wooden rowboat.
Sept. 28 - Lake Ray Hubbard Wooden Boat Show
Oct. 5 - Inks Lake State Park - CENTEX Boatcrafters Messabout
Oct. 10-14 - Madisonville Wooden Boat Festival (Madisonville, Louisiana)

I'm prepping my new travel trailer to be my "headquarters" at these events.

After Madisonville, I'll have to look for some new adventures. I want to do camping on the beach at Bolivar Penninsula, but I hate to get that fine powdery sand in my brand new travel trailer.
SailorDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #133

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi Don!

Nice rig! I bought new also, 2.5 years ago and have already made some major changes. How do you transport your boat? Wooden boats are so beautiful. Did you build yours?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:17 AM   #134

Towing wooden boat with travel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hi Don!

Nice rig! I bought new also, 2.5 years ago and have already made some major changes. How do you transport your boat? Wooden boats are so beautiful. Did you build yours?
I tow my wooden boat with a travel trailer.

Illegal in 25 states (including Washington and Florida).

I did not build the boat. I bought it from the builder. He is a retired cabinet maker that builds boats as a "retirement activity".
SailorDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #135

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I love being on the water. I bought a kayak this past Spring and have been exploring parts of the Columbia River. My "boat" is light and small enough that I can get it inside me RV when I'm driving, or in my toad with the tailgate open.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #136

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I'M Back....

Hello everyone, I have missed being here. I am now officially a solo RVer!!! I just purchased a 2014 Gulf Stream Conquest travel trailer !!!! It is a Conquest LE , Model 218MB , 22 foot. I bought a 2013 Chevy Traverse to tow it with. I am so excited to finally be heading to FL in a couple of weeks for the winter months. I will try to get some photos posted, if I can figure out how to resize them to fit Have a great evening!!
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #137

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoststories View Post
Hello everyone, I have missed being here. I am now officially a solo RVer!!! I just purchased a 2014 Gulf Stream Conquest travel trailer !!!! It is a Conquest LE , Model 218MB , 22 foot. I bought a 2013 Chevy Traverse to tow it with. I am so excited to finally be heading to FL in a couple of weeks for the winter months. I will try to get some photos posted, if I can figure out how to resize them to fit Have a great evening!!
Welcome back Sounds like a nice travel combo. I have been trying to figure out how to post a pic as well. Just says "download failed". I figured they were too large and I know there is a way to resize them. Maybe someone here can help us.
Richard
Old 10-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #138
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoststories View Post
Hey Darlene!! Sounds like you got a great setup; I can't wait to see the pics. Congrats and welcome back.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #139

Solo Rvers Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to Charliene
Animals in motorhome

Hello Everyone,

OK guys, some kind of animal is in my motorhome AGAIN! Need help! I've completed all repairs from damage done winter before last. Don't want to go through that stress again.

I've set large and small traps (THIS TIME). One night the traps were tripped and all the peanut butter was eaten. I reset the traps. The next night the peanut butter was eaten but the traps WERE NOT tripped! These are gopher size traps!

I'm clueless
Charliene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #140

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Charliene,

I thought I had mice, but now think it must be ground squirrels. Here's the thread where folks are trying to help me. Good Luck!

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/full-...nt-189913.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]