Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsue View Post
I am in an RV resort in New Braunfels, Tx - between Austin and San Antonio, and close to the Texas hill country wonders. If you ever get down this way, let me know. I would love to meet up with others who are already "on the road"! I think I will be taking some of the advice I am getting here, and take time to find the right coach, and the right plan before I take off on my own.
Thanks, JustSue, hopefully sometime this year!!!!
smiybrneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #58

My turn! 57 years old, no kids, two cats. I retired Feb 2012, bought a 24' Class C Motorhome in April, sold my condo in December and left the rainy Pacific NW behind as fast as I could. I'll be in Arizona, Yuma or Quartzite areas roughly for Jan and Feb. In March I'll start heading east to Louisiana visiting friends and family along the way. Then north to Kentucky in April for the Rolex 3-day event at the Horse Park. Following that I'll head to Illinois and more family for July 4th. After July, who knows?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #59

Hi Trix! Sounds like you are a "horse woman"! Me too! Formerly my husband (now deceased) and I bred and showed Peruvian Horses! Now I limit my breed activity to announcing at some of the Peruvian shows! Great fun! In two weeks I will be in Florida to spectate one of the Gypsy Vanner shows! Hope you have safe and happy travels!
RVBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #60

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaridge View Post
Justsue,
Ask alot of questions about the manufacturer and the recalls. Find out what engine it has and any recalls on it. Look for rust! Try out every system first. Talk to other owners about their past concerns, and use this forum before you buy. I have spent many nights in repair bays and months in repair. Buy your coach from the chassis up not the interior down. I wish you good RV Karma!
Linda
Thanks for the sage advice...I have joined a Wildcat forum as well because that is what I have now. I am getting advice there as well. I have plenty of time as I want to get this right before I take off! And recently I think I found a decent RV mechanic to help me when I think I may have found one I like.
justsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #61

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hi Sue,

I chose a motorhome because I felt it was safer for a solo female -- if something spooks me I can leave in 30 seconds if I had to. I chose a class C because that fit my budget, I chose new because I have had too many bad repair experiences with motor vehicles in the past.

If this was 2 years ago when I was looking for a MH I would consider the deal Winnebago has on their 2013 Vista 26HE.
Winnebago Motor Homes - 2013 Vista

I realize that $70,000 may not be inside your budget, but at only $20,000 more than what I spent, the quality and features are worth it in my opinion. AND, the peace of mind that comes with knowing you won't get stranded somewhere is worth it to me.

When I first started traveling by RV I knew NOTHING, but with the help of these kind and generous people on IRV2, I consider myself a successful traveling full-timer. Never be afraid of asking a question here, and don't be put off by the occassional snippy answer. We all have a bad day once in a while.
It's a really nicely laid out small Class A with 1 slide in the main area.
Hey okmunky...

I went to the RV Show in San Antonio yesterday and took a look at the W Vistas. They are really nice...but sadly it is a bit over what I would like to budget for a Class C. New would be great, but afraid my budget remains in the used category! I used to have an 18.5' 1992 Toyota Itasca Spirit - 6 cylinder. I loved it. I sold it about 6 yrs ago, when I thought I was ready to settle down. Wish now that I had kept it since I am not ready to settle down after all.

I also saw a couple of light weight TTs that I really liked, small (and light) enough to tow behind a half-ton. So I have a lot of thinking to do.
justsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVBaby View Post
Hi Trix! Sounds like you are a "horse woman"! Me too! Formerly my husband (now deceased) and I bred and showed Peruvian Horses! Now I limit my breed activity to announcing at some of the Peruvian shows! Great fun! In two weeks I will be in Florida to spectate one of the Gypsy Vanner shows! Hope you have safe and happy travels!
Hi RVBaby, I started riding in college and continued for the next 25 years or so. Horses got old, I was burnt out and pretty much just quit. I started travelling instead (couldn't afford to own horses AND travel, it was one or the other). I've been lucky to have gone around the world seeing some of the top horses compete in dressage, 3-day, jumping and driving. I have tentative plans to attend the WEG in France in 2014.

I've never seen a Gypsy Vanner in person, only in pics - They certainly are impressive looking. One of my longtime friends loves colored horses, and is always sending me Vanner pics on FB. She currently has an Andulusian gelding who keeps banging himself up darnital, so she hasn't shown him much. I hope to get to Wellington to see some dressage eventually, but my first love is 3-day.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #63

Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Linda,

I just took a look at your new rig.....just gorgeous. I bought new in 2007, but am looking for a larger one. Since I live in Tampa, I'll take a ride over to Lazydays this weekend. It appears they have quite a few Entegras. Hope to meetup with you. We are trying to form a small group to caravan around Florida.

Nancy
nblanchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #64

Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Tom,

I agree, would like to meet up with anyone of like-mind. Set up a day and time and we can all start planning! What do you think?

Nancy
Tampa
nblanchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #65

Went to the storage compound and fired up the old girl today. Music to my ears. End of the month is coming soon and I hope to be Florida bound. Yippee!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:35 AM   #66

Nancy! I guess you know there is an rv super show in Tampa starting the 16th of Jan. lots of great seminars are planned for opening day. I am coming down from SC to attend and will certainly be attending the "full timing" seminar! Can't wait! If you attend look for me....I am tall, blond, usually with sunglasses on my head! My friend and also an RVer is short, long hair usually worn"up". Hope we meet! And since there are two Linda's on this forum I will sign off as Linda2! Happy trails
Old 01-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #67

3 day eventing!

Hi again Trix! Our farm was in Bedminster, NJ which was the home of the USET. They held many events there. The competitors are amazing athletes, both human and equine! We could ride our horses to the trails the cross country event was using and watch them racing by! It was fabulous! I hope you have a wonderful time! A very exciting sport to spectate!

Linda2 and
"Blackberry" the mini poo with attitude!
2002 Damon Intruder
Old 01-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #68

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Nancy,
That would be great! Too bad I won't be there for the RV show.
I'll give you a shout when I get to Tampa.
Linda
tamaridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #69

Hi Nancy. Thanks for the note. Yes, Clearwater is not too far from Tampa, so we could rendezvous pretty much anytime.

Another post here mentioned going to the gathering at the NKK on Thursday the 17th. I'll go to that just to say hello to anyone else that comes by.

I'll also try to send you a private email. I don't know who that will work, but keep in touch here if I don't get through.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #70

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
AT 6:30am it was 25* !!!! I have icicles hanging from my nose and ears!!! No water of course... Hose frozen solid.

Actually it's a comfy 71.4* and I'm sitting next to my super cool (looking) faux wood stove thats also pumping out gobs of warm air. Hey I'm not totally stupid... I have a pitcher of water for my coffee and water in my tanks to flush the toilet.

It's geese season so at first light it sounds like a war zone here... after hundreds of shotgun blasts the goose toll is two. One died of old age and fell from the sky injuring a would be hunter when it landed on him... the other ran into the side of a semi going down the freeway (six hunters were hit by vehicles while trying run onto the freeway and retrieve the dead goose).
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote