Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:15 PM   #1

Hi,
Just getting started in the RVing World. Can other single women give me any advice or tips? I've seen some women groups but they said lesbians and bi-sexuals. I'm neither, nor do I care to join these groups. I worry about safety mostly. How many women rving alone have a gun? I've taken shooting lessons and would feel comfortable with a gun in RV. I am also looking for work. Does anyone have advice in that department. I have good computer skills. Thanks.
msparker505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2005, 04:15 PM   #2

I know I will get bashing for this, but if you have a carrying permit go for it. BUT check the states to make sure it is allowed. Gun in one part of trailer, ammo in another. If you are talking about workamping, check out caampgrounds and see if they need any office help. YOu can sign up at workcampers.com and workersonwheels.com. Good luck

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:13 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply and information. Someone once told me there isn't any sense in having a gun if you don't keep it loaded. I live alone so no one will mess with it.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:13 PM   #4

......don't tell anybody-don't show any body-never admit to having a gun-don't discuss it.....But when you are in real danger make the decision to kill and then use it to kill....you are probably going to get only one shot-so practice -practice-practice....at least 500 rounds a month to get to the point where you can hit a target 50' away dead center everytime......that's what it takes.....don't even think that waveing a gun around to impresses the nitwhits out there will have any effect.....drugs make them invinciable....so shoot to kill and have a good attorney......because you would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 because of one idiot......geof kaye
Old 04-04-2005, 11:14 PM   #5

There are lots of single women RVers. You try this one. I post on their forums occasionally.

RV Women
From their website: Our members include women who have traveled with their husbands for years, then find themselves alone and still wanting to travel, single women, married women whose husbands have no interest in RVing, and women who travel alone or in the company of other women. Our interests are diverse, but we do share the common cultural experience of being female.

Another forum:
Womens RV Forum

You also might try some of the single RV groups such as:

Solo-Net
Loners On Wheels

I hope this information helps. Welcome to the RVing Lifestyle!

Happy Trails

Workers On The Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:04 PM   #6

Thanks for reply and web sites.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:06 PM   #7

Thanks for the good advice. I will definitely do as you've suggested.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:38 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
Yes thanks for the information. I'm from Seattle,wa and it was good to have our state information. I also looked up the web sites. I'm a few years from being able to full time it but all the information I can get will help.Thanks
Old 04-09-2005, 05:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryegal:
Yes thanks for the information. I'm from Seattle,wa and it was good to have our state information. I also looked up the web sites. I'm a few years from being able to full time it but all the information I can get will help.Thanks
There is a large and active RVing Women's chapter in Washington State. If you are interested, there is contact information on the RVingwomen.com website. Monthly get togethers are March to October. Happy travels.
catkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 01:57 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
MSParker505 -

Welcome to this forum and I have no doubt that you'll hear different opinions from many of us ladies who enjoy RV'ing.

We can hope to learn from those who are single/widowed/divorced and enjoy being on the road.

My hubby has often asked me if I would continue to go camping if something should happen to him. The answer is YES! Just because the man may be gone doesn't mean that the lady has to give up something she loves!

My daughter in Ohio recently divorced. SHE loves camping in the new RV, HE wasn't as "into it" as she was....so guess who got the RV and truck!!! When the weather breaks, she and her friends will hit the road. I think it's admirable for a woman alone to CONTINUE doing what she enjoys.

I agree with many of the posts regarding protection while on the road. I would probably carry a gun if I were single and out somewhere by myself in the RV. BTW, I have a gun, know how it use and not afraid to do so in the event of ..."it's me or them".

Check out those websites, do some research and no doubt you'll get a lot of good advice along the way!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:14 PM   #11

Thanks for the uplifting reply. I know your daughter will do ok on her own because she has your support.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:02 AM   #12

Carry a can of Wasp and Hornet spray and keep it in the bedroom, it is not illegal like Mace or pepper spray . It will shoot a stream about 20-25 ft unlike mace or pepper where you have to be closer, aim for the face and it will disable any individule quicky and effectively.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:22 PM   #13

Thanks for the great idea. I would never have thoght of it. I'll get some spray the next time I go to good ole Wal-Mart.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:43 AM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to TexasTreat Send a message via Skype™ to TexasTreat
It was recommended to me by a fellow camper: use "bear spray" instead of mace...now as to where to get bear spray - look on the internet. These folks claim it's just as good as mace in deterring something/someone. And it's legal to carry "bear" spray.
Just a thought...
Cheers, Tee
TexasTreat is offline   Reply With Quote