Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #29

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
Motorcycle Momma

I thought I had already posted this! But anyway . . .

Watch out world! Hot mama on a motorcycle heading your way!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #30

Thanks GM for the vote of confidence LOL

Today I learned that the cutesy miniature globe lightbulbs around my bathroom vanity mirror (that I liked so much even though I do not need the light anymore as I quit wearing makeup) are not only impossible to find (went to at least a dozen stores) but even when you find them they are expensive!! Five bucks a piece. I hope the 1/2 dozen I bought will last awhile....Three have burned out since July but presumably they were old already.

It seems to me that these things should be in the dollar store LOL...like everything else I need...

IM
IslandMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #31

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Many folks do it that way. It is not mentioned in the owner's manual because, in case you have not noticed, you do not have an owner's manual, you have a bag, box or folder full of owners manuals. you may well have 10 or 20 of 'em in there (or more)

And the folks who wrote the HOUSE manuals, don't think of the Vehicle side, nor do the Vehicle folks give the House systems any consideration.

Thus it never makes it into the manuals

IT is, however, mentioned here and on other forums.

So, welcome to a good place to be
Old 04-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #32

Makeup

IM - so you've liberated yourself and stopped wearing makeup huh? Oh I wish I could do that . . . . you must be one of those women that doesn't need makeup to start with. The natural beauties. Here I am, just bought all new stuff, got acrylic nails, a neat little pedicure for summer, and had my hair trimmed and permed. Being a woman is EXPENSIVE!!!! I should give it up too . . . I mean, I'm RVing - it's not like I care what most people think . . . .

But then I look at a lot (a LOT not ALL) of the older Rving women I meet out here and I just can't let myself go like that . . . I don't mean to be rude or offend anyone - but when it comes to describing these women, one description fits all. Short, fat, with short grey hair - glasses or height are usually the only defining factors. I'm not ready to go down that path - don't think I ever will be. It's like they're married so they don't need to make the effort any more.

So - I'll keep putting on my lipstick and eyeliner and using self-tanner and frequenting beauty salons . . . . it makes me feel good - even though I do complain about it sometimes . . . especially when I see the salon bill!!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your travels - and hoping we can bump into each other on the road.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #33

GM: You said it well good for you. I thought I was the only one that noticed the dowager look. Of course not all of us men are Robert Redfords either.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
GM : that surely was a Statement. i'd thought the same; but never made it. i guess two ex's have made me gun shy. enjoy your trip east
TRAVEL SAFE
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #35

New to Solo's?

Hi Joe - I don't think I've seen you comment in the Solo Forum before so WELCOME!! So you're from Tennessee? I'm originally from Alabama . . . . and loving the southwest.

I hope to see you here more often!
Old 04-09-2009, 06:16 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Angry Something New or Glue

I learned that I love GLUE....

Unless it's holding something together that I'm trying to take apart!!!
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #37

Solo Rvers Club
JS - Your story about trying to stuff 60 gallons of yuk into a 30 gal blueboy made me belly-laugh out loud! Good stuff!
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #38

Solo Rvers Club
I learned that once you have that 30-gallon blueboy full, you can't get it up into the back of the truck so that you can drive 20 miles to empty it. I also learned that if you put it into the truck first, then try to fill it, that YUCK! won't flow uphill and then you have a 20 ft. sewer hose full of YUCK! with no place to put it. I learned that it is safer to get rid of the 30-gallon blueboy and just be careful about what you put into the black water tank.

I also learned, after nearly 4 years of driving my rig, what the INVERTER is for and how to use it. Also learned why previous attempts at boondocking more than two days without electricity didn't work. Now, I can boondock up to 2 weeks. Like Graciesmom, I prefer to boondock if it is not too hot.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #39

Aren't inverters great? I've met so many people that have been running their generators, just to watch TV, because they didn't know about inverters!!!!! Boondocking is a piece of cake with a good inverter and a solar panels on the roof!!! I'm enjoying my time out east, but I can't wait to get back to the west and the wide open spaces and the peace and freedom of boondocking in the middle of NOWHERE.

I did learn that if for some reason, your slides won't go out - as if there's no power - to start and stop the rig 3 times - that resets something (can't remember the word) and the slides will work.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:35 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandMomma View Post
Thanks GM for the vote of confidence LOL

Today I learned that the cutesy miniature globe lightbulbs around my bathroom vanity mirror (that I liked so much even though I do not need the light anymore as I quit wearing makeup) are not only impossible to find (went to at least a dozen stores) but even when you find them they are expensive!! Five bucks a piece. I hope the 1/2 dozen I bought will last awhile....Three have burned out since July but presumably they were old already.

It seems to me that these things should be in the dollar store LOL...like everything else I need...

IM
Just saw the globe lights in Wal-Mart RV section yesterday for $1.00 each, they had a lot of them.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Getting Organized

I opened the big drawer in my bathroom to see if I had something before I went to the store

OMG!! How could I tell if I needed something... It was a total mess! My toothpaste should be in there, as should my razor and lots of other little things I think I need... But I couldn't find anything.

Time to get ORGANIZED! Of course I headed to WallyMart.. Organized is important, but so is thrifty. I found these little plastic trays for like $1.50 a pack of 2 or 3.. Looked good to me

Pulled all the stuff (junk) out of the drawer and started Organizing... Cool, things fit nicely into the little divider trays. Now to put them into the drawer... WAHOO!!! They fit really great... There is a lip on the back of the drawer front and the little tray's fit on that lip and on the back of the drawer it's self... and they slide from side to side, kinda like I planed it that way

Hummm... I do need to get a life... I got to excited about organizing a drawer
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #42

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Long View Post
I do need to need to get a life... I got to excited about organizing a drawer
It's all that carpet glue you have been sniffing, Rick!
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote