Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > RV Gourmet
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:54 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
ABT's Atomic Buffalo Turds (don't let the name scare you away)

Jalapeno peppers (I use med to large)
cream cheese (plain or flavored, your favorite)
breakfast sausage (I use TN Pride Hot, we like it best)
Bacon

Cut off the stem, and just the stem, leave the cap on the pepper.

Slice the pepper from stem to tip and remove as much of the seeds and vein as you'd like. (Vein is the heat, seeds not so much)

Stuff the pepper with cream cheese.

Divide the sausage into enough for each pepper. Wrap the sausage around the pepper, trying to keep it uniform and keeping the shape.

Wrap a piece of bacon around each one. Use a toothpick to hold it in place while cooking.

Here's the controversy that some run into. THE COOKING!!!

I have cooked these in the oven in the motorhome, I've cooked these at home on the smoker, and on the BBQ grill with indirect heat. And if you believe me, they can be cooked any of those ways and the worst one will be pretty darn good too.

We normally cut in half, lengthwise, and that makes twice as many as you started with. Don't invite me when you cook these, I'm a hog and will eat 4 or 5 hahaha

These can be made a day in advance and stored in the fridge (let them come to room temp before cooking on the smoker or grill)

I hope you enjoy these....moderation is the key!!

BigBlockTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2018, 01:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockTank View Post
Don't invite me when you cook these, I'm a hog and will eat 4 or 5 hahaha

These can be made a day in advance and stored in the fridge (let them come to room temp before cooking on the smoker or grill)

I hope you enjoy these....moderation is the key!!
I am the same way! We love these things especially with friends during a tailgate party!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180830_145336.png
Views:	116
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	217001   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180830_145306.png
Views:	118
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	217003  

James 3:17
Mr Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:42 AM   #3

We have made these for years. We have learned to cut the jalapeño in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and vein. We fill it with a cream cheese mixture then top it with a portion of a piece of bacon. We make about 50 to 75 of these and our family eats them up. Grandkids just love 'em too.
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote