Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > RV Gourmet
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #29

Try again
halftimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #30

A little different view of mine. Got a turkey and a ham on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	76122_669188179843_1219957_n.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	81522   Click image for larger version

Name:	154765_669188199803_7238208_n.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	81523  

06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:43 AM   #31

Just bought a Davy Crockett pellet smoker and used it for the first time last night. It will easily fit in the RV basement and will be a welcome piece of equipment on our travels after Christmas in Florida. I have a lot to learn about it, but it performed well last night. I have used a Green Egg for years with a"BBQ Gru" controller, but it is just too heavy, large and fragile to travel with. I adapted the BBQ Gru to use on a small Weber grill that fits in the basement, but it was not a great solution to my BBQ habit.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:06 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Smoker? Is this big enough? http://www.bbqpits.com/unique_bbq_sm...ontinental.htm

And, the biggest http://www.bbqpits.com/largestmobiles.htm , 6,000# of meat!
Old 12-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Smoker? Is this big enough? http://www.bbqpits.com/unique_bbq_sm...ontinental.htm

And, the biggest Hundreds of Sizes to Choose from , 6,000# of meat!
Klose makes some unique pits for sure. I was talking with them about a build before I purchased the one I now have.
Seems we have quite a number of bbq smoking enthusiasts here. Maybe admin would consider making a sub forum for us to share recipes tips and pictures of our bbq smoking adventures?
Up North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up North View Post
Klose makes some unique pits for sure. I was talking with them about a build before I purchased the one I now have.
Seems we have quite a number of bbq smoking enthusiasts here. Maybe admin would consider making a sub forum for us to share recipes tips and pictures of our bbq smoking adventures?
In true Texas style I bought my son a Klose smoker as a wedding gift...that thing is a beast!
Old 12-21-2014, 09:02 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up North View Post
Same with yours, Impressive Just not a "Smoker" it is a "Smoke-in Machine".........What a set-up!
Old 01-29-2015, 01:05 PM   #36

Ford Super Duty Owner
I hope this picture works. If so, this is our wood fired oven in the works of being built. It's almost done, just paint and tile is left now, and it's raining this weekend in Tucson.

BigBlockTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:06 PM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
See if this works
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	oven.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	84610  

Old 01-29-2015, 01:13 PM   #38

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry for the multiple posts, I just figured out how to put pics on...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1st pizza.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	84611   Click image for larger version

Name:	oven2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	84612  

Name:	oven3.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	84613  

Old 01-29-2015, 03:54 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockTank View Post
Sorry for the multiple posts, I just figured out how to put pics on...

I have been reading Forno Bravo for years looking at everyone's pizza oven builds and wanting to build my own.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:59 AM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Nice oven big block,

If you love brick oven pizzas, which obviously you do, and you'd like to cook similarly while camping in your RV, check out the Camp Chef pizza ovens. We travel with one and make pizza (and other stuff) in ours all the time. Other campers inevitably walk over to investigate when I pull out my pizza peel and slide out a pie!
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:35 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post
Nice oven big block,

If you love brick oven pizzas, which obviously you do, and you'd like to cook similarly while camping in your RV, check out the Camp Chef pizza ovens. We travel with one and make pizza (and other stuff) in ours all the time. Other campers inevitably walk over to investigate when I pull out my pizza peel and slide out a pie!

I have a camp chef three burner that I have had for about 15 years. I have been looking at getting the pizza oven for it. Was looking for some feed back about it. Think I will order it today.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:05 AM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
I have a camp chef three burner that I have had for about 15 years. I have been looking at getting the pizza oven for it. Was looking for some feed back about it. Think I will order it today.
We have been using and loving ours for a couple of years now. We also bake breads in it, and I have a cast iron pot that we make apple krisp in, and it fits nicely in that oven too!

If you are a member at Sam's club, and you want a very cheap and easy pizza crust... go to where you can buy hot dogs and slices of their pizza (in front of cash registers). Most people don't know this, but if you ask the lady/guy behind the counter, they will SELL YOU a box of their frozen dough balls! They are cheap too, but I don't recall the exact price. You have to have a big freezer at home because you buy a box of 20 dough balls for less than $2 each, but you can't buy a smaller quantity.

Every Friday for non-camping weeks is our pizza night (Saturday if we are camping that weekend). I pull a dough ball out the morning of pizza dough and leave it on the kitchen counter in a bowl all day. By dinner time, it's ready to roll out. We like thin crusts, and one of those dough balls will make two "large-ish" pizzas that are about the right size for the Camp Chef Pizza oven. At home, I have two round pizza stones that I just plop on my propane bbq grill, and since the stones are a little smaller, I cut the dough ball into thirds and make three pizzas.

If you have one of those IR temp guns, I recommend that you use it in the beginning so you know how hot your pizza stone is. I plop my Camp Chef Pizza Oven on two of my 3-burners (also Camp Chef) and turn them on about medium to start, then turn down a little shortly after when the temp is up. I can crank out a pizza pretty darn fast once the stone is hot.

My only gripe about making pizzas when camping is that I use a little flour to keep the dough from sticking to my hands, roller, etc, and that can get messy inside the coach. I solve that by rolling the dough on a large cutting board.

Oh... if you don't already know this trick... if you have difficulty getting your pizza to slide off your pizza peal when you are loading it into your oven, try a light dusting of corn meal on your peal before dropping the pizza dough on it.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote