Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > RV Gourmet
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: What kind of recipes do you like?
Cookies & Cakes 2 11.76%
Main Dishes 15 88.24%
Side Dishes 4 23.53%
Desserts 3 17.65%
The Odds and Ends 4 23.53%
Salads 1 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-08-2015, 10:58 PM   #1499
Senior Member
 
Sohapi's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by road dogs View Post
I lost the recipe for my anchovy surprise cookies, I think my wife may have hidden it somewhere.... If I ever find it, I'll post it for y'all to enjoy......



__________________
Colleen & Hunter
Ret. AF & RVM77
45' 2001 Monaco Signature
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2015, 01:39 AM   #1500
Junior Member
 
Night Stone's Avatar
 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I'll share one with you. This is when you can't have a campfire due to drought and very dry conditions (I am in California)

Southwest Smores

Ingredients
2 packages of tortillas(depending how many people are eating)
Package of chocolate chips
Package of mini marshmallows

In a frying pan on med heat, place one tortilla, spread out a small handful of chocolate chips and marshmallows, place another tortilla on top. Flip over once the ingredients starts to melt. Take the smores off the pan and cut them into quarters. Continue on cooking the rest of the smores. This is a Boyscouts recipe
__________________
2006 Silverado LS Crewcab 4.8L & 2013 Salem Cruise-Lite 181BHXL
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:34 AM   #1501
Senior Member
 
LisaE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 441
Oh, I just discovered this thread and wanted to post a comment so all these delicious looking recipes will be in my subscribed thread area. Look forward to reading every post!
__________________
Robert, Lisa and Piccolo (Yorkie), Vivi (Min Pin), Dixie (Yorkie)
Jayco 2013 Greyhawk 31FK
RVM 131
LisaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:37 AM   #1502
Senior Member
 
Sohapi's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stone View Post
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I'll share one with you. This is when you can't have a campfire due to drought and very dry conditions (I am in California)

Southwest Smores

Ingredients
2 packages of tortillas(depending how many people are eating)
Package of chocolate chips
Package of mini marshmallows

In a frying pan on med heat, place one tortilla, spread out a small handful of chocolate chips and marshmallows, place another tortilla on top. Flip over once the ingredients starts to melt. Take the smores off the pan and cut them into quarters. Continue on cooking the rest of the smores. This is a Boyscouts recipe
I love this take on S'mores and will be trying it very soon! Welcome to the thread and add any recipes you would like. I for one will try them as I can.
__________________
Colleen & Hunter
Ret. AF & RVM77
45' 2001 Monaco Signature
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:40 AM   #1503
Senior Member
 
Sohapi's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaE View Post
Oh, I just discovered this thread and wanted to post a comment so all these delicious looking recipes will be in my subscribed thread area. Look forward to reading every post!
Welcome Lisa! Just when I think the thread is not very useful you and Night Stone join in. You will find that its many different recipes. Some that I have created some that others have posted and some that I have just tried from other sources. Add anything you would like as I for one will try them.

I still cook the old fashion way and and have a new thriving baking business now too, for those who don't like to bake from scratch but like to eat the goodies.

Welcome!
__________________
Colleen & Hunter
Ret. AF & RVM77
45' 2001 Monaco Signature
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:41 AM   #1504
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
I love this take on S'mores and will be trying it very soon!
Me thinks they may need just a touch of green chile... ?
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:48 AM   #1505
Senior Member
 
Sohapi's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Me thinks they may need just a touch of green chile... ?
I might have several touches of green chili here at the house. I love living this close to Hatch again!

Have started a small baking business and so may be experimenting with some green chili in a few things. We have been eating lots of Mexican foods with all the fresh chili and have a friend coming in today for a couple of days of fun and eating!
__________________
Colleen & Hunter
Ret. AF & RVM77
45' 2001 Monaco Signature
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:57 AM   #1506
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
I might have several touches of green chili here at the house. I love living this close to Hatch again!

Have started a small baking business and so may be experimenting with some green chili in a few things. We have been eating lots of Mexican foods with all the fresh chili and have a friend coming in today for a couple of days of fun and eating!
Chocolate and Chile.... so delicious. Don't recall - did you ever find that Hatch Green Chile Coffee? We haven't seen any this year. :-(
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 03:05 AM   #1507
Senior Member
 
LisaE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
Welcome Lisa! Just when I think the thread is not very useful you and Night Stone join in. You will find that its many different recipes. Some that I have created some that others have posted and some that I have just tried from other sources. Add anything you would like as I for one will try them.

I still cook the old fashion way and and have a new thriving baking business now too, for those who don't like to bake from scratch but like to eat the goodies.

Welcome!
Thank you so much and how kind. Congrats on your baking business too.
I'm looking forward to trying out some of the recipes as we research RVs.
__________________
Robert, Lisa and Piccolo (Yorkie), Vivi (Min Pin), Dixie (Yorkie)
Jayco 2013 Greyhawk 31FK
RVM 131
LisaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:22 PM   #1508
Senior Member
 
geocacher's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,087
I tried the zippy ziti casserole that was posted by DinnerDiva the other day. It was sooo goooood. I made it for a group potluck and everyone loved it. I'm gradually trying out some of the recipes and have enjoyed them. I come back every so often and check things out.
__________________
Deb & Dale--RVM107-- !! 2008 HR Endeavor 40PDQ soon to be towing our 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport!!

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:55 PM   #1509
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
I tried the zippy ziti casserole that was posted by DinnerDiva the other day. It was sooo goooood. I made it for a group potluck and everyone loved it. I'm gradually trying out some of the recipes and have enjoyed them. I come back every so often and check things out.
I did a seach but couldn't find the OP with the recipe... lol. I love Ziti.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:31 AM   #1510
Senior Member
 
geocacher's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,087
Here is what I had copied off the site. Enjoy.


DinnerDiva
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 28

Roadmap mentioned Lasagna - although this isn't lasagna, it's a baked Ziti Casserole that's easier (to me) to make than Lasagna. This is a versatile recipe - you can make it vegetarian and leave out all the meat (I do this sometimes when I'm feeling lazy) - you can leave out the spinach - I put it in because you can't taste it and it adds vitamins, etc. - Most folks don't even notice it. Feel free to use Cottage Cheese - I'm a purist (and Italian) so I'd never use Cottage Cheese in any dish calling for Ricotta Cheese but if you like it - that's fine. You can also make this in 2 small pans and freeze one for future use. I carry some disposable baking pans (foil) so that I don't have to scrub them after dinner - I'm lazy that way!!

ZIPPY ZITI CASSEROLE
1 #Loose Italian Sausage, Ground Beef, Ground Turkey-cooked and fat drained off.
3-4 Cups of Pasta Sauce (I make my own but jarred will work fine, too)
2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
2 tsp. granulated garlic (or finely minced fresh or use a press)
10 oz. cooked Penne Pasta (about 5 cups)
2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
5 T. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 10 oz. package frozen spinach - thaw and squeese out liquid (optional)
2 eggs- stirred up (or 1/2 C. egg substitute)
2 T. fresh or dried parsley
2 tsp. garlic (again)
2 C. part skim Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (opt.)
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Combine cooked meat (if you are using meat), pasta sauce, garlic, italian seasoning and pepper flakes in a bowl and mix.

In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, parmesan, spinach (opt), garlic, eggs and black pepper. Stir in the pasta to coat/mix well.

Spray a 13 x 9 pan (I use disposable) with cooking spray. Layer about 1/2 sauce mixture on bottom of pan. Spread all of pasta/ricotta mixture evenly over sauce layer.
spread remainder of sauce on top, sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.

Cover casserole and bake in 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until internal temp. reaches 145 degrees.

This serves 4 to 5 people generously. I don't have a convection oven so I use a regular oven. It's great with a nice tossed green salad and some garlic bread (mmm) - think I'll make this for dinner this week! (I'm making myself hungry).
__________________
Deb & Dale--RVM107-- !! 2008 HR Endeavor 40PDQ soon to be towing our 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport!!

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:36 AM   #1511
Senior Member
 
geocacher's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I did a seach but couldn't find the OP with the recipe... lol. I love Ziti.
I bet it will taste better with Dale's moose meat! Can't wait to get it back from the butcher.
__________________
Deb & Dale--RVM107-- !! 2008 HR Endeavor 40PDQ soon to be towing our 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport!!

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #1512
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
I bet it will taste better with Dale's moose meat! Can't wait to get it back from the butcher.
Oh yeah! I have a lb of ground bison and one of ground elk... hmmm... wonder which would be better...
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
watch out for your pets!! teera travel RV'ing with Pets 25 05-17-2012 07:02 PM
New Member looking for advice static Class A Motorhome Discussions 50 02-27-2012 07:17 AM
Has anyone considered a SpaceKap? gcsprayjr Truck Camper Discussion 2 02-24-2012 06:46 PM
2001 NATIONAL RV TRADEWINDS LTC Recall For Tires HRS National RV Owner's Forum 12 02-22-2012 01:18 PM
Anyone fulltiming with a bird? (mine is a pigeon) EelKat RV'ing with Pets 2 02-21-2012 01:53 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.