Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > RV Gourmet
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-12-2021, 02:28 PM   #43

Ahh...some serious food geeks here! Nice!
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2021, 04:37 PM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
So, easy meals:

Fried chicken tenders
Buy pre-cooked rice
Then many forms of Chinese: Sweet and sour sauce, add canned pineapple and onion
General Tao’s sauce and add frozen broccoli bits
King Poa Chicken sauce and add frozen stir fry veggies
Szechuan sauce and add stir fry veggies

Buy fried chick breast, marinara sauce and Swiss cheese cheese on top- chicken parmiagana if you can boil some spaghetti to put it on

Meatless, buy packages ravioli (several varieties) and white sauce or marinara. If you can boil water you can prepare easy.

DW is no kitchen wonder, but there are a lot of prepackaged sauces and rice, potatoes, and pasta that require no genius or serious, tedious prep to put a great meal on the table. Also pre-packaged salads make for easy lunches.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 02:53 PM   #45

Freshly Delivers pre made

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryH001 View Post
I’m a new solo RVer and cooking is not my thing. When I lived in a stick house I had my favorite grocery stores where I could buy prepared home cooked meals. Yes it was real home cooked meals. They even had classes on how to cook and gave you their recipes.

https://www.pccmarkets.com/

Now that I’m on the road all I’m finding is regular grocery stores and their already prepared meals are of far lesser quality than I’m used to.

How do you get good fresh already prepared food?
I have been using freshly hardest part is remembering to change the delivery address the week before I am leaving a location.
TIOsToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 03:05 PM   #46

So I didn’t see too many suggestions to answer your original question…prepared meals! We use Schwans (schwans.com) at our home in Florida. If they are available where you are RVing, give them a try. Good meals, they are good for two people (leftovers), and they deliver. Even tho we like cooking there are those times that you just need an easy meal 😀
The downside will be the need for freezer space.
Good luck.
gregm2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 03:05 PM   #47

This is your answer

Quote:
When I had my stick and brick I tried cooking and it just wasn’t for me. Cooking for one person causes a lot of waste and I found it cheaper to buy overpriced organic home cooked meals to actually be cheaper. The PCC Market where I shopped was very expensive however it was really good healthy food.

A lot of the neighbors would invite me over for dinner and it was common for me to get invited three or four times a week. Not only that some would leave me food on my porch especially in the mornings and on weekends.

Maybe I should try again to learn how to cook? I’ve been eating fast food for three weeks and I’m sick of it.
I think this is the answer for you. I cook on the Blackstone a lot. You can cook for one pretty easily that way. Steaks or chops? The Blackstone works great (I prefer them grilled, but if you could only have one tool, I’d go with the Blackstone). You can do chicken in all kinds of different ways….just buy a back of individually frozen thighs or breasts. Eggs for breakfast is simple on the Blackstone, as is toast, pancakes or English muffins. Oatmeal could be cooked inside.
RamblingRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 03:07 PM   #48

Any one can cook just follow instructions. like our friend above said*Online* has a multitude of recipes......the *Health* factors alone by cooking yourself are immense.You will also find that RVers are quite a bit generous to share a meal and a doggy bag,just by having a kind word or lending a hand. It*s the dishes that kill me
BOSTONBERNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 04:23 PM   #49

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The game changer, for me, was when I purchased my air fryer oven. Cooks in a fraction of the time and I have gotten very good with it. You can even stick frozen food in to cook.

It is not huge but large enough to cook a medium pizza in. It also never gets hot, on the outside. I can put my hand on the top and sides, while it is running, and it is only warm.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 04:39 PM   #50

Prepared meals

I like the Schwan's suggestion, also I am a huge fan of America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country videos. You can grill or crockpot almost anything. And when we go tent camping or want an easy meal without lots of prep or cleanup I am big into "just add water" food. Mountain House makes some amazing meals that you just add boiling water to, you can even eat out of the pouch if you want to skip dishes. There are other brands, but we like everything we've ever had from Mountain House. Also check out things like Zatarain's dirty rice mix, just brown a pound of burger, add water and simmer, so good! With a salad or piece of bread and butter you'd be set!
partygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:01 PM   #51

Get an Instant Pot, with the air fryer top.
And quart freezer bags for single servings.

You can make many "one pot" sensations.
wgjr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:20 PM   #52

Just a thought, when I was in college I lived alone and was in the apartment from Sunday afternoon through Thursday after class. I cooked Sunday and Monday had Sunday left overs on Tuesday and Monday on Wednesday. Cook for two, more economical, cook less. Granted left overs usually are not as good.
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:48 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm2k View Post
So I didn’t see too many suggestions to answer your original question…prepared meals! We use Schwans (schwans.com) at our home in Florida. If they are available where you are RVing, give them a try. Good meals, they are good for two people (leftovers), and they deliver. Even tho we like cooking there are those times that you just need an easy meal 😀
The downside will be the need for freezer space.
Good luck.
I checked them out and most of the foods have a lot of calcium chloride. I prefer more organic.
HenryH001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 07:11 PM   #54

Learn to cook one skillet/pan meals & learn to use seasoning. Add steamed rice or pasta. Life is good.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 07:27 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
Learn to cook one skillet/pan meals & learn to use seasoning. Add steamed rice or pasta. Life is good.
I had seashells and cheese with chicken for lunch and then had leftovers for dinner also. It was good although it could have used more seasoning.

It was really easy to fix and didn’t dirty a lot of dishes.
HenryH001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 08:10 PM   #56

Quote:
I had seashells and cheese with chicken for lunch and then had leftovers for dinner also. It was good although it could have used more seasoning.

It was really easy to fix and didn’t dirty a lot of dishes.

It is all about the seasoning. Otherwise, it is simple meals with quality ingredients and there will be much happiness!
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food