Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > RV Gourmet
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-12-2019, 12:30 PM   #1

Homemade Campground pizza

I posted this on another forum. This is how I make pizza while we are camping.

https://youtu.be/ee5191GTgBU
MagnoliaTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2019, 05:31 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I see you are using the Camp Chef Pizza Oven. I have that on my Wish List (the girlfriend works in the Cabela's Camping Department) as I have the Camp Chef 14" 2 burner stove with a single BBQ and a single griddle as the mainstays.

How do you like it? You mention in the video you perhaps didn't let the oven warm up enough.
RoadDogYVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDogYVR View Post
I see you are using the Camp Chef Pizza Oven. I have that on my Wish List (the girlfriend works in the Cabela's Camping Department) as I have the Camp Chef 14" 2 burner stove with a single BBQ and a single griddle as the mainstays.

How do you like it? You mention in the video you perhaps didn't let the oven warm up enough.

I’ve been using Camp Chef for about 5-6 years now and I love it. I’ve had the pizza oven for almost as long. It works pretty darn good. I also have the pro style griddle and grill box. In fact, i have a 14” set for the trailer and a 16” set for home.

It was about 40F with some wind when I filmed. Also, I didn’t let it warm up long enough because the kids were getting impatient so that test pizza was for them to have as an “appetizer “ [emoji3]
Plus my dough was getting over proofed so I had to get going on the pizza making.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:57 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks so much... know what I'm asking for for Valentines Day... or Easter... or...

RoadDogYVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:02 PM   #5

Oh man, Tom, thanks to you....we just made our first Campground pizza here at Enchanted Rock. About to dig in.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3435.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	420.7 KB
ID:	232704

The DW is savoring the aroma, sayin’ OH MAN! as she pulled it out of the oven.

Update: straight out of the 377s oven, this is AWESOME!!! Thanks Tom for all your cheer!
Another additive here: the DW bestS friend from IN dropped in yesterday for a surprise visit and they both work on this homemade pizza this morning, sautéing the onions, green peppers...and laudy laudy forgot the black olives. Best pizza I’ve ever had!
dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskyward View Post
Oh man, Tom, thanks to you....we just made our first Campground pizza here at Enchanted Rock. About to dig in.
Attachment 232704

The DW is savoring the aroma, sayin’ OH MAN! as she pulled it out of the oven.

Update: straight out of the 377s oven, this is AWESOME!!! Thanks Tom for all your cheer!
Another additive here: the DW bestS friend from IN dropped in yesterday for a surprise visit and they both work on this homemade pizza this morning, sautéing the onions, green peppers...and laudy laudy forgot the black olives. Best pizza I’ve ever had!

That’s awesome! Makes me hungry [emoji3]
Old 01-22-2019, 11:35 AM   #7

I’m lookin forward to dough ball #2. [emoji487]
dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #8

Here’s a follow up video to my campground pizza. This is the best Gluten free pizza dough. I make a Bahn Mi pizza in the video

https://youtu.be/gpa5tzAEp38

Tags
campground