Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > RV Gourmet
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Hey Coffee man thanks for the storage Idea. I was just going to put it in a plastic bag but I figured it would trash the bag at the first turn. I like the cardboard idea in conjunction with a trash bag.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2015, 05:18 PM   #16

I use this at home and on the road.

It is a hybrid called a mini wsm. It works awesome. Holds low and slow all day long.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141207_150144.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	112278  
lonwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:54 PM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
X2, here's mine, works great.

Rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:39 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a Traeger tailgater with the folding legs that works well for us.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:35 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Have a friend that has one of these Davy Crockett Pellet Grill – Wifi - Green Mountain Grills

It is one slick smoker. We used it a lot while in Mexico and it does an excellent job
Old 12-30-2015, 07:26 AM   #20

I was given one of these years ago as a gift. It is great for anything up to about 10-12 pounds. The Original Stovetop Smoker

It makes the best Fajitas and you can use it indoors on a stove top to start and finish things in the oven.

All stainless steel.
Parrott_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:22 AM   #21

Making room.

Any kind of enclosed container can be used to smoke meats, so you may not need to look any further than what you already have in your kitchen. A stock pot with an inch or two of rocks in the bottom for heat retention and distribution, an aluminum foil packet with some holes with your wood chips inside (put these below your rocks to get direct heat, and off to one side to prevent juices from extinguishing them), a rack of some kind to hold the meat over the rocks, a colander will work, and a not too tight lid. A round crockpot lid with a vent hole is perfect, as you can put your thermo through the hole to monitor temp. Water is not required, and my testing, does nothing to keep the meat juicy. This is best controlled with temp and time. Keep your temps 220 or lower and you'll do fine. Meat dries out when the water inside it boils out. Keep the meat from hitting a boiling point and it will stay juicy.

By using what you already have, you won't be adding bulk in your storage compartments.

While you are smoking meat, don't be afraid to experiment. A bowl of nuts in the smoker for 15 to 20 minutes makes a nice treat. And smoked then grilled pineapple.... to die for
HouseOfBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:29 AM   #22

I have a Volcano 2 Grill on order from Cabelas with the optional Lid which should work for smoking. It also will work as a propane fire pit for when there are burn bans and a grill which should be just the right size for the DW and me.
WhatsHisName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:47 AM   #23

Small Electric Smoker

This one's on my Amazon wish list. - Smokin-It Model #1 Electric Smoker
14x13 x17 inches
http://amzn.com/B002VGE36S
muleman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Have a friend that has one of these Davy Crockett Pellet Grill – Wifi - Green Mountain Grills

It is one slick smoker. We used it a lot while in Mexico and it does an excellent job
Just purchased one over the weekend. Did a beef tri-tip yesterday and was very impressed. The wifi control is really amazing. We intend to take it with us as well as using it at the sticks and bricks.

If you live in Washington or Oregon and have a nearby by Coastal Store the weekly ad has a special were you get a free grill cover and a $100 gift card with purchase. The starting price is $365 at our local Coastal. If you purchase before 2/29 you get a free upgrade to a 4 year warranty. Their website says that is a $119 value. In the end they are just about giving you the amazing little unit.
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:18 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
I have the Traeger PTG as it is a multi purpose smoker/grill, but not unreasonable in size. It has a digital temperature controller that works very well.

Terry
BoA36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 01:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleman1 View Post
This one's on my Amazon wish list. - Smokin-It Model #1 Electric Smoker

14x13 x17 inches

http://amzn.com/B002VGE36S

Thinking about this one also. Will buy direct from Smokin-it.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 01:29 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Steve,

Two generations in my family have used the Luhr Jensen little chief smokers, they work wonderful, and could easily break down to a very small space if needed. I have a backup that I was planning to ship to my son that I picked up at a garage sale in like new condition, one of these days.... I like to use hickory or fruit tree wood for smoking my turkey.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:58 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryvan View Post
Steve,

Two generations in my family have used the Luhr Jensen little chief smokers, they work wonderful, and could easily break down to a very small space if needed. I have a backup that I was planning to ship to my son that I picked up at a garage sale in like new condition, one of these days.... I like to use hickory or fruit tree wood for smoking my turkey.

Thanks, I'll check them out.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote