iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Installing a 30" stove in a 91 Monaco? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/installing-a-30-stove-in-a-91-monaco-113367.html)

wb6epp 01-23-2012 07:38 AM

Installing a 30" stove in a 91 Monaco?

Bought 91 Monaco Sig., and plan to full time in near future. "Da boss" would like to have a 30" stove installed, which calls for big mods' to cabnets. But that is not the problem! It ait'n going in the door! Unless someone has some magic dust to sell me. So the only way I see so far is remove a window.
Now, has any one attempted this? If so, I would like more info how it was done. At present, there is a stove top with 2 burners, no oven at all, a microwave, and fast food places all over the country, unless boondocking and the pizza man ain't goin ta deliver.
Your help relly needed here
Happy Travels, safe motoring!!

Ernie Ekberg 01-23-2012 07:53 AM

see if you have an emergency escape window that fold up. Either that or take out the windshield

wb6epp 01-23-2012 08:06 AM

Ernie: Emergency hatch is in the bedroom. We haven't got the stove yet. So at this time I will have to do some measuring. Trouble is being a country boy, and having people around to help is rare. Several times I needed help, set a schedule to do so, the only pair of hands was mine. Me and the tractor accomplishes alot.

Ernie Ekberg 01-23-2012 10:40 AM

A tractor is a good thing. Ernie- in Weatherford

Steve N Sal 01-23-2012 10:52 AM

I'm afraid a window will have to be removed. Maybe not the windshield but possibly a side window that may be big enough. Time to get out the old tape measure and size her up.:eek: People that have upgraded to larger refer's are having to do the same.:thumb:

JimM68 01-23-2012 10:57 AM

How about trying to work a compromise with the DW?

How long have you had the sig?
How long have you been an RVer, and what sort of cooking arrangments have previous RV's had?

Our first bus had a 3 burner stove with an oven. It was a real oven, and while skinny, it was very deep. It would hold a standard size cookie sheet (narrow side in) with no problem at all.

Our knight has a 3 burner cooktop, with a cabinet underneath that is just the size of that oven. If the time ever comes, it will be an easy swap.

I bet installing one in your sig would be easy as well.

CapnMorgan 01-23-2012 11:10 AM

Don't forget to take lots of pictures and post'em. I'm sure someone else would like to do the same thing and would benefit from your experience.

wb6epp 01-23-2012 01:30 PM

jim68: as posted, first m/h, but had a 5th wheel that had it all. And just purchased this 91 Diplomat in Dec. I am still doing the repairs to license it here in TX, as I have to go through the out of state purchase inspection here, and get weight. All lights,brakes, and safety equipment must be up to code before TX will issue a Title here.
But to full time it, I don't believe a 2 burner top stove is enough and it does not have a oven at all. I believe taking a side window out I can get it in, but if I had to take out the windsheild that would be OK also as I see there has been some leaks, and I would havew a new seal put in at the same time.

PyrateSilly 01-23-2012 11:42 PM

Do you have a Convection / Microwave oven? I know ours comes with that and no oven.

wb6epp 01-24-2012 06:53 AM

Yes I have a convection microwave, but I dreamed of traveling down the road smelling a freshed baked "APPLE PIE" in the oven. Can't do that with a microwave!! And the first rest stop having a slice of it!! Lifes good when you can dream!!

pwhittle 01-24-2012 07:09 AM

Sure you can! Set the oven on Convection.

Paul

pwhittle 01-24-2012 07:10 AM

Sure you can. Set the microwave on Convection.

Paul

slickest1 01-24-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wb6epp (Post 1064084)
Bought 91 Monaco Sig., and plan to full time in near future. "Da boss" would like to have a 30" stove installed, which calls for big mods' to cabnets. But that is not the problem! It ait'n going in the door! Unless someone has some magic dust to sell me. So the only way I see so far is remove a window.
Now, has any one attempted this? If so, I would like more info how it was done. At present, there is a stove top with 2 burners, no oven at all, a microwave, and fast food places all over the country, unless boondocking and the pizza man ain't goin ta deliver.
Your help relly needed here
Happy Travels, safe motoring!!

We had a 3 burner cooktop in our coach with no oven. We have to bake all of our own breads and such due to a gluten free diet. We found a good used cooktop with oven and removed 2 shallow drawers under the cooktop and in it went. :DJust unhooked the gas line and reconnected to the new one and soap tested for leaks and done deal. I bought a couple pieces of oak and stained them to match the cabinets and reframed around the stove. It's not a 30 inch range but worked for us and came right through the door. Good luck.

PyrateSilly 01-24-2012 06:19 PM

You can do everything in the convection microwave that you can in an oven and a regular microwave.
Cookies, cakes, pies, steaks, potatoes - Everything