iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   We are disabled sisters. Been full timing since May '11 (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/we-are-disabled-sisters-been-full-timing-since-may-11-a-114655.html)

KateNLaurie 02-07-2012 07:08 PM

We are disabled sisters. Been full timing since May '11

Hello. My sister and I didn't have much choice, no one would take us in. We bought an older 5th wheel. We are going to look for a house when we can. Our credit went to hell when we got sick. So qualifying for a loan isn't happening soon. Now we are having issues with our 5th wheel. The lights are dim and bedroom plug-ins are not working. Help if you can, we would appreciate it a great deal.

RickO 02-07-2012 07:18 PM

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. Let me suggest that you post your specific problems in our 5th wheel forum and be sure to include all of the information you can about the make, model, year, etc of your rig.

Best of luck.

Rick

Superslif 02-07-2012 07:19 PM

Are you plugged into power. Saying your lights are dim and the 110 volt outlets are dead would suggest you blew a breaker and are now running on battery power. Dimming lights says the battery is running down. Can you confirm that your RV is plugged into 110 volts (shore power). If you are plugged into 110 volt shore power, it is possible the breaker at that connection tripped.

Gfxhenk 02-07-2012 07:23 PM

I agree, it sound like you blew a breaker and are just running on batteries.

SarahW 02-07-2012 07:33 PM

Howdy Kate and Laurie and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of your illness and that you're having trouble with your 5er. This is a great place for help; the members here are very willing to help. (Wish I knew enough to offer advice!) Good luck to you.

Superslif 02-07-2012 07:37 PM

And we won't charge ya...

Are you at a campground now?

:welcome:

Ramblin 02-07-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateNLaurie (Post 1077916)
Hello. My sister and I didn't have much choice, no one would take us in. We bought an older 5th wheel. We are going to look for a house when we can. Our credit went to hell when we got sick. So qualifying for a loan isn't happening soon. Now we are having issues with our 5th wheel. The lights are dim and bedroom plug-ins are not working. Help if you can, we would appreciate it a great deal.

I agree with the previous opinions. Sounds to me like you're running on battery, and the batteries are giving out. Let us know what make and model 5th wheel you have. Also, give us an idea where you are. Maybe someone is in the area that could stop by to help.

historyljc 02-07-2012 08:48 PM

Hello KateNLaurie, welcome to the forum. Sounds like good advice above.

SarahW 02-07-2012 08:51 PM

KateNLaurie--are you currently in a campground? Is there no one close by who could help you?

bsirby 02-07-2012 09:14 PM

Hello Kate and Laurie. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Good luck getting the 5er fixed up and hope things work out for you both.

JadedDancer 02-07-2012 09:27 PM

If you are at a campground, befriend a maintenance person. I can't count how many times the head maintenance guy at the CG I go to a lot helped me out. It might be something small that they can talk you through. Obviously they can't do it all, but small tips they will usually be glad to help out with, and your issue might very well be an easy fix.

And welcome to the forum. Lots of nice people here.

MSHappyCampers 02-08-2012 10:50 AM

Hi Kate & Laurie! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us! As others have said, it sounds like maybe a breaker has tripped and you are running off batteries. Perhaps you could find some other RV'ers in your area that would be willing to look at the problem. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Keep your head up, things will get better soon! Good luck & God bless! :thumb:

Steve N Sal 02-08-2012 11:02 AM

Welcome to the forum. Hope you can enjoy your time on the site. Sorry for your health issues. As already suggested I would think that the circuit breaker at the panel that is supplying your 5er is tripped. You didn't say if all your receptacles are not working but if they are not that breaker box would be the place to look. Hope someone is around that could assist you. Good Luck and if more problems should arrise be sure to post them here.

ArmyEOD 02-08-2012 11:08 AM

Sorry to hear of your issues, where are you located now, maybe someone could come help you with the rig, lots of folks on here with a lot of knowlege and spare time that may be close to you guys.