iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Navigation, Routes & Roads (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   Wildflowers in Texas Hill Country (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f42/wildflowers-in-texas-hill-country-119036.html)

golden 03-26-2012 02:42 PM

Wildflowers in Texas Hill Country

The flowers around the house have been coming out for the past few weeks so we decided to take a trip over to the Wildflower Seed Farm near Fredricksberg to see what they looked like over there. On the way we saw bunches of bluebonnets alongside the road. At the farm, it was a cocaphany of colors, really beautiful. After that we decided we wanted to do a little rockhounding and drove up Texas Highway 16 to just north of Llano. I've NEVER seen the blubonnets so pretty or so many of them all over the place. They go on for miles and miles on both side of the roads and back into the many ranches along the way. Mixed in are Indian PaintBrushes, lavender and white poppys. I'm not an overly spritual person but that scenery sure makes me want to give praise to a higher power.

I'll be putting this in a couple of forums to let others know that know is a good time to either go to the area or to take a detour on their through-trip to see what it looks like. It's well worth it.

Bucksmom 03-26-2012 02:44 PM

post some pictures!

golden 03-26-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucksmom (Post 1125874)
post some pictures!

Ok, but it will have to be tomorrow as we are pooped and we have to go through about a zillion pix. Most were taken by my wife who was standing through the top of the Jeep's roof while I was driving about 65 mph. She didn't get too many bugs in her teeth.:D

TXiceman 03-26-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golden (Post 1125877)
Ok, but it will have to be tomorrow as we are pooped and we have to go through about a zillion pix. Most were taken by my wife who was standing through the top of the Jeep's roof while I was driving about 65 mph. She didn't get too many bugs in her teeth.:D

As long as she did not get bugs on the camera lens.

Ken

Stormtrooper 03-26-2012 03:05 PM

Yes please post pics. Hubby and I live up in the Rockies, but we are both Native Texans. Last time I saw TX wildflowers in person was at our wedding in San Antonio years ago. I've never heard of the Wildflower Seed Farm though I've been to the Nimitz museum several times over the years. I'll have to Google that one.

TXiceman 03-26-2012 03:15 PM

Another place to hit is Lady Bird Johnson Wild Flower Center in Austin...

Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - The University of Texas at Austin

Ken

golden 03-26-2012 03:34 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Here are some pix we took today of the Hill Country.

SarahW 03-26-2012 05:44 PM

Gorgeous! I was up around Smithville last weekend and noticed how beautiful the wildflowers are this spring. I guess all the rain has really brought them out this year.

Krashqueen 03-26-2012 07:13 PM

Great pictures!

WheelingIt 03-26-2012 07:25 PM

Soooo pretty!!

TXiceman 03-26-2012 07:33 PM

We will in the hill country in less than 2 weeks....save some of the flowers for us....:dance:

Ken

Wayne M 03-27-2012 08:37 AM

We just completed a trip to San Antonio, then down to Corpus Christi and back home. This was 3 weeks ago and the Bluebonnets were i bloom. Very pretty.

ItascaRVer 03-27-2012 09:40 AM

The DW and I are heading for the Round Top / Warrenton Spring Antique show this this weekend and next, I have always loved the beauty of the wildflowers in and around Brenham. I am really looking forward to it again.

Chuck 1935 03-27-2012 06:57 PM

We left San Antonio this morning on the way to Fort Stockton and have to echo the beauty of the wildflowers driving through the Hill Country. Fields of Red, Yellow and Blue on both sides of I-10. It was a spectacular sight. We were sure lucky to catch it just right. Thank you Texas for the eye candy.