iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   MH-General Discussions & Problems (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/)
-   -   alarm system is mis-behaving (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/alarm-system-is-mis-behaving-12263.html)

tallguy 11-14-2006 02:53 PM

The alarm system installed on my motorhome has started to mis-behave; about 15 seconds after it has been armed, the alarm starts sounding. This is the kind of alarm system that has sensors on the coach doors and some of the storage bay doors. I've done the simple things: checked to be sure all the sensors are still attached and checked to be sure each sensor battery is OK.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can diagnose this problem? Is there a way to manually override the sensor mechanisms one-by-one, so I can figure out which is responsible for the false alarm?

Sorry, I don't know the brand; I only know the sensors are from GE Interlogic.

tallguy 11-14-2006 02:53 PM

The alarm system installed on my motorhome has started to mis-behave; about 15 seconds after it has been armed, the alarm starts sounding. This is the kind of alarm system that has sensors on the coach doors and some of the storage bay doors. I've done the simple things: checked to be sure all the sensors are still attached and checked to be sure each sensor battery is OK.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can diagnose this problem? Is there a way to manually override the sensor mechanisms one-by-one, so I can figure out which is responsible for the false alarm?

Sorry, I don't know the brand; I only know the sensors are from GE Interlogic.

Bushman512003 11-14-2006 03:18 PM

I remember I had a truck after system installed a few years back.And as You had the darn thing going off.I went back to the instaler and they were 2 mins. doing a re program seems The truck had a leak down in the voltage after it sat for a hour they said this was not uncomen with Cars and Trucks of today and not a big deal so they just re-programed the alarm and the battery drain end was turned off...That was the interior light comming on per say that set the thing off nothing other than that changed I thought O.K. the doors were bugged and the hood so I can live with out the int.light setting it off...Hope I have helped ...Bushman

WaveMaker 11-16-2006 04:33 AM

Jim,

do you know where the main panel is, we need to find out if there is a resister on the loop,
if there is not its very easy to test...
but finding the loops is kinda tuff.. ya need the main panel so you can got on the end of the loop with a multi-meter if it has resisters
ya go for the resister size
if ya get the name of the alarm system i can probably get the book... if ya find the main panel tell me i can probably help ya...

tallguy 12-06-2006 12:42 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WaveMaker:

if ya get the name of the alarm system i can probably get the book... if ya find the main panel tell me i can probably help ya... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WaveMaker,

Sorry it's taken so long for me to respond. It's no excuse, but I've been traveling.

The main panel is readily accessible, on the side wall near the driver's feet. It's labeled "ITI Wireless" and a label on the inside of the removeable front panel says it's from GE Security.

I don't have any documentation, so it will be GREAT if you can come up with a manual.