iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   HWH Leveling jacks problem (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/hwh-leveling-jacks-problem-127028.html)

hrdestiny 06-14-2012 10:10 PM

HWH Leveling jacks problem

I have the 610 series hwh leveling jacks. I was leveling the motorhome in the auto mode. It went through the process for awhile then all of the sudden three of the jacks went up and the pump just quit. I ran some checks on the pump motor and had 12 volts to the motor when the button is pushed on the control panel but motor will not run. I took motor off and tried to use a battery charger to see if I could get the motor to run and no go. I think the motor is toast but the jacks going back up has me stumped. Anyone have any ideas? thanks Kent

G.G. 06-15-2012 08:34 AM

We just had a problem with our jacks quitting. We tried some of the troubleshooting advice we got from these forums to no avail. We finally took the coach in and found out the brain was gone. It wasn't a huge expense, but it did cost some money to fix. I hope yours is easier to fix.

joelm 06-15-2012 12:18 PM

Hey, Dance Chick, my wife thinks that I have the same problem. If it's not a huge expense, I think she might carry me in and have me repaired.

G.G. 06-15-2012 01:16 PM

Hey Joelm....we asked them if they could do it for us also while we were there, but unfortunately, the answer was no. Question to your wife, are you worth the cost?:laugh:

joelm 06-15-2012 04:19 PM

I think she is thinking more for her benefit than mine.

gatorcruz 09-23-2012 11:03 PM

Hrdestiny, what was the final out come... motor or control box? I'm having a similar issue.

Thanks.

calhyatt 09-24-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrdestiny (Post 1211529)
I have the 610 series hwh leveling jacks. I was leveling the motorhome in the auto mode. It went through the process for awhile then all of the sudden three of the jacks went up and the pump just quit. I ran some checks on the pump motor and had 12 volts to the motor when the button is pushed on the control panel but motor will not run. I took motor off and tried to use a battery charger to see if I could get the motor to run and no go. I think the motor is toast but the jacks going back up has me stumped. Anyone have any ideas? thanks Kent

A battery charger will not operate the pump motor, you need a larger power source (battery) to start and run that motor for testing purposes. I suspect tht the motor is bad considering you see 12 volts at the motor when you pushed the button on the control panel.

RonnieTucker 09-24-2012 08:55 AM

Just had the same problem with my HWH system. The motor was bad. HWH was no help at. They never called me back:confused: I was able to locate a new motor local $135. It is a pretty common motor used for various applications.

RonnieTucker