iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Monaco not paying (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/monaco-not-paying-1353.html)

LRuiz 01-13-2009 06:40 PM

I got a call today from the repair shop that fixed my passenger side slide back in October.
Monaco has not paid them for this warranty work and told the shop that they are one month behind.
It's been almost 90 days! If Monaco does not pay them in a month, they will bill me.

Has anyone else had this problem?

LRuiz 01-13-2009 06:40 PM

I got a call today from the repair shop that fixed my passenger side slide back in October.
Monaco has not paid them for this warranty work and told the shop that they are one month behind.
It's been almost 90 days! If Monaco does not pay them in a month, they will bill me.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Dutch Star Don 01-13-2009 10:40 PM

I'm guessing since most large companies pay about 60 days behind and the fact that Monaco was closed for an extended period, it will be 90-120 days if they reopen.

If this dealer or repair shop has been doing business with Monaco for awhile, I would think that their argument would be with Monaco. It will be a tough call if they demand you pay.

Roland 01-14-2009 04:15 AM

A warranty is an agreement between the manufacturer and the buyer of the product, not the repair shop. If the repair shop is your selling Monaco dealer, then they have an interest in keeping you happy with them, looking for the next sale. If not, be prepared for the bill.

I suspect that Monaco has furloughed their “accounts payable” folks along with the "worker bees". If nobody is answering the phones then the repair shop will rapidly loose patience. Don is correct about large companies being slow pay. However, in 30 more days your invoice will be 120 days out. Your repair shop will have every right to bill you and as most invoice terms contain the terminology “net 30” you will probably have only 30 days from the issue date of the invoice to either pay in full or risk incurring additional interest charges.

Green lights and soft breezes,

cb5300 01-14-2009 09:21 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LRuiz:

Has anyone else had this problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would call Monaco and have a heart to heart with someone there. Tell them that this is unacceptable, and that they need to pay their warrant claims. Your shop is not the only shop that I've heard of having a hard time getting their money from them. It seems that they are holding on to every cent that the can, for as long as they can.

Nonno 01-14-2009 09:36 AM

LRuiz,

Is the repair shop a Monaco "authorized service center" or an independent repair shop where preapproval was needed?

Reason I ask is that last fall I had work done by an independent that was preapproved by Monaco however I had to pay up front and Monaco reeimbursed me. Since Monaco didn't have an account with them they did not want to chase the money if there were a problem.

MonacoMama 01-14-2009 10:26 AM

LRuiz...

The one thing I will tell you to do is call Monaco at (877) 466-6226 and ask for the "Warranty Dept" NOT Warranty Claims.

This should help you to move things along.

https://irv2.infopop.cc/images/action.gif
MM

RVRon 01-14-2009 10:32 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is the repair shop a Monaco "authorized service center" or an independent repair shop where preapproval was needed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, big difference there. The only way anyone could get me to pay a pre-authorized Monaco repair would be if they had me agree in writing to do so up front. Warranty should NOT be your problem to pay. Did you agree up front to pay if Monaco did not??

cb5300 01-15-2009 10:51 AM

I think this bears watching....It makes you worry alittle about what Monaco is thinking.