iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Air conditioner leaking into coach (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/air-conditioner-leaking-into-coach-135699.html)

roaming nana 09-02-2012 04:00 PM

Air conditioner leaking into coach

Hat would cause my roof air to leak thru my air vents in coach. This just started all of a sudden. We had a bad rain storm was thinking that maybe when we had the new satellite dish installed they put a hole somewhere, but when we turned off the air it stopped leaking and it was still raining. Any ideas

OldChief7155 09-02-2012 04:02 PM

Check the mount bolts on the a/c for being loose. Should be four of them. Just snug down, don't over tighten and ruin the gasket.

Midniteoyl 09-02-2012 04:23 PM

You say thru the air vents? Is this a ducted AC? Could be that the rain clogged up the condensate drain and its getting in some how.

HabitatGuy 09-02-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldChief7155
Check the mount bolts on the a/c for being loose. Should be four of them. Just snug down, don't over tighten and ruin the gasket.

Agree that this should be your first step. Happened to me on a previous unit. I went to the trouble of replacing entire gasket. On retrospect I should have tried just tightening the 4 mounting bolts first and snugging down the gasket. This solved my a/c leak.

Midniteoyl 09-02-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roaming nana (Post 1296612)
Hat would cause my roof air to leak thru my air vents in coach. This just started all of a sudden. We had a bad rain storm was thinking that maybe when we had the new satellite dish installed they put a hole somewhere, but when we turned off the air it stopped leaking and it was still raining. Any ideas

wa8yxm 09-02-2012 07:00 PM

IF it did not leak WHILE IT WAS RAINING, Lift the nose of your RV 1-3 inches.

And when you feel better, go topside (Up On The Roof) and remove the covers, both outer and inner, and clean clean clean.

buck454 09-02-2012 08:03 PM

My ac is dripping water today, actually blowing drops. It is very humid outsde and around 90at 9pm. I am thinking possible icing, is this not a possibillity?

DrOcean 09-02-2012 08:09 PM

We had leaks in our TT after a small shower. Leak 1 was coming down front center crossbeam. Leak 2 was coming down the wall on left side right above the window. Upon investigating, I found a puddle of water at the seam on the roof. Swept away most of that water. After the sun dried that, leak 1 stopped. On the side above the window water was dripping from AC. But it was traveling along the edge of the seam. Tilted TT to lean in the other direction. Water now drips down the other side. But leak 2 stopped. Guess I gotta add some sealant to that seam on the roof.

boweavel 09-03-2012 05:51 AM

mine was leaking and i releveled the mh and it stopped and has not leaked again. i now pay more attention to my leveling.

H. Miller 09-03-2012 06:17 AM

Our's does the same when it's humid and the INTERIOR filter is dirty. It's condensation forming due to not enough air flow... We have to change airflow from "vents" to direct flow out of the unit also

pumper9x9 09-03-2012 07:40 AM

high humidity will cause water to condense we had the problem but running the fan on high seemed to fix it