iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Question on Shore power issue (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/question-on-shore-power-issue-144583.html)

Vickie 4369 12-02-2012 05:37 PM

Question on Shore power issue

Ok Coach is on Shore Power, 115 volt adapted to 50 amp cord, with Proper adapters, when I turn the ignition on to move my slides I lose the power supply to the front TV but not the TV in he bedroom.

So Here are my Questions

A) Why Does this Happen?

B) When or what should I do with Shore power, if Starting coach, or starting generator?

Tha_Rooster 12-02-2012 05:45 PM

It's suppose to do that, when ever you turn on the switch a relay turns off your tv so you can't watch going down the road. If you want you can fix it.

djbmsu 12-02-2012 06:42 PM

As to the B: portion, you should have an automatic switch that when the generator starts it will automatically switch your 120v over to the generator.You do not need to disconnect from shore power.

Vickie 4369 12-03-2012 07:12 AM

Makes Perfect sense Thank Guys.

Ted.

steved44 12-03-2012 08:04 AM

When you start your generator, it's a good idea to not have any big loads on your system ie: air conditioners, heaters, etc. The transfer switch will change from shore power to generator power automatically, and if it does it under a load it tends to arc the points in the transfer switch and shorten it's life.

Vickie 4369 12-04-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steved44 (Post 1388550)
When you start your generator, it's a good idea to not have any big loads on your system ie: air conditioners, heaters, etc. The transfer switch will change from shore power to generator power automatically, and if it does it under a load it tends to arc the points in the transfer switch and shorten it's life.

Thanks for the Tip.

Barbaraok 12-04-2012 03:51 PM

Can you bring the slides in with the key in the Accessory Position? On ours that is where the key is for slides and levelers.

It takes such a short time to flip the switch so that you aren't drawing shore power before you start the genny, why not do it and then you don't have to worry about whether or not the transfer switch works correctly. Do agree, don't have any load on when you start the genny.

Barb

Vickie 4369 12-05-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbaraok (Post 1389950)
Can you bring the slides in with the key in the Accessory Position? On ours that is where the key is for slides and levelers.

It takes such a short time to flip the switch so that you aren't drawing shore power before you start the genny, why not do it and then you don't have to worry about whether or not the transfer switch works correctly. Do agree, don't have any load on when you start the genny.

Barb

Slides do not work in accessory mode, just Key on.

f14av8r 12-05-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GULFSTREAM37 (Post 1388046)
Ok Coach is on Shore Power, 115 volt adapted to 50 amp cord, with Proper adapters, when I turn the ignition on to move my slides I lose the power supply to the front TV but not the TV in he bedroom.

So Here are my Questions

A) Why Does this Happen?

B) When or what should I do with Shore power, if Starting coach, or starting generator?

Find the outlet the front TV is plugged in to and cut the ignition sense wire that goes to the relay in the outlet. Then your TV will work all the time, regardless of ignition key position. You can find more detailed directions on the internet.