iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Howdee (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/howdee-146349.html)

Baddad53 12-23-2012 07:19 PM

Howdee

Hi everyone! Retiring in August :dance: and will be purchasing a used DP between then and now. Great site for information. But a lot of it.:eek:
First question is: has anyone had dealings with Conejo RV in TO? We owned a Class B RV in the early nineties and its great traveling with the kids. Now the plan is a DP and I am sure the upkeep will be more to it since their have more systems:eek: Enjoyed all the information on the forum!

CLIFFTALL 12-23-2012 07:25 PM

Welcome to IRV 2. We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing about that DP when you get it.

Cliff

Gadget63 12-23-2012 08:48 PM

Howdy and welcome to the forums!

MSHappyCampers 12-24-2012 06:37 AM

Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you decided to join us! Congrats on the upcoming retirement! We did that two years ago and it's great! Good luck on finding the right DP for your needs. We pulled a 5er for 10 years before getting the MH earlier this year. We loved the 5er but love the freedom of the MH even more!
Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :dance:

tomwalt 12-24-2012 06:57 AM

Welcome to IRV2 and welcome to the world of retirement.
Take you time shopping for that RV. Then take you time learning the systems. Lots of good info on IRV2 to help you along. I don't know about Ca. dealers, but I personally had good luck with local Private sale – newspaper adds and local Craigslist.
It's fun and educational just to look.

C&SL 12-26-2012 06:26 PM

Welcome :greetings10:

rdkng88 12-26-2012 07:05 PM

Welcome I have in my past starting with a 13 foot Scottie trailer, vans , Americoach, bought a new gas Allegro in 99 terrible coach with way too many issues, 2000 a Winnebago Journey DP great coach 12 years and 93,000 miles, and now a 2002 Monico Windsor I bought one year ago what a nice motor home I love the life. I can retire in May but get the jitters thinking about retirement I have held the same job for 44 years and and I will be 62 in April. I can afford to retire but I have nightmares I need a push here. I bought a RV lot at River Ranch RV resort in River Ranch Florida and I really want to spend time between there and my home in Pike County Ga. Just having a hard time making that decision. WE will be in River Ranch for a week the second week of Jan I really hopes that helps my decision.

sdennislee 12-26-2012 11:27 PM

Hi and :welcome:

Baddad53 01-04-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdkng88 (Post 1411048)
Welcome I have in my past starting with a 13 foot Scottie trailer, vans , Americoach, bought a new gas Allegro in 99 terrible coach with way too many issues, 2000 a Winnebago Journey DP great coach 12 years and 93,000 miles, and now a 2002 Monico Windsor I bought one year ago what a nice motor home I love the life. I can retire in May but get the jitters thinking about retirement I have held the same job for 44 years and and I will be 62 in April. I can afford to retire but I have nightmares I need a push here. I bought a RV lot at River Ranch RV resort in River Ranch Florida and I really want to spend time between there and my home in Pike County Ga. Just having a hard time making that decision. WE will be in River Ranch for a week the second week of Jan I really hopes that helps my decision.

This is my second retirement as at 49 I retired with full pension from Lucent Bell Labs as senior manager (21 years)- two months later 9/11 and I went back to work. Now we own our home and my youngest graduates college in May. I'm ready - damn I'm ready Can't wait :D

trashman1995 01-12-2013 11:41 PM

Welcome to the forum, you'll learn a lot and have a few laughs along the way!

Bruce C 01-13-2013 04:52 AM

Welcome to the group. Looks like your almost ready. Good luck and have safe trouble free travels.

Steve N Sal 01-13-2013 04:57 AM

Howdy and welcome aboard. Glad you joined us. Good Luck with your shopping experience and hope you find the DP that best suits your needs. Have a great traveling experience. :thumb: