iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   New member (IL to TX) (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/new-member-il-to-tx-147046.html)

TButterfield 01-01-2013 05:33 PM

New member (IL to TX)

After making a post in another thread, I was welcomed to iRV2 and realized I hadn't said howdy yet.

Hi, y'all.

We are currently in week two of a two week test. We recently bought our first RV, a 2004 Carriage Cameo LXI 34CK3. If all went according to plan, we would start full-timing in it in the spring, after the IL S&B is put on the market. That's in Des Plaines, near Chicago. In preparation for that transition, we have already swapped our domicile to TX based on an Escapees mail service address. For our two week test, we are staying at the Northshore RV park in Onalaska, TX.

Once we begin full-timing in it, it won't be of the travelling full time variety. Instead, it will be of the bi-seasonal travel variety as I still work full time. We'll spend winter in the south (TX) and spend sumer in the north, probably the UP of MI, unless we get adventurous and decide to try somewhere else for the summer.

Everything is going great so far. We will be able to live in it just fine and I'll be able to work from it also. I'm a software developer and just need a laptop and a VPN internet connection. I wish that were faster, but I'll manage.

Thanks for all the great info here.

Tim

SarahW 01-01-2013 09:56 PM

Howdy Tim and welcome to iRV2! :wavey:

sdennislee 01-01-2013 11:07 PM

HI and :welcome:

MSHappyCampers 01-03-2013 09:48 AM

Hi Tim! Welcome to IRV2! It's great to have you with us! Congrats on the new rig and on your fulltiming adventure! Good luck, happy trails, and may God bless & keep you! :thumb::D

TButterfield 01-03-2013 09:51 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Tim

len poleshaj 01-04-2013 02:23 AM

Might be a crazy thought. Every time I have purchased a new car, the dealer has always filled the gas tank before I leave the lot. Can that also be expected when you buy a brand new Class A

CLIFFTALL 01-06-2013 04:03 AM

Welcome to IRV 2. Ask and you may receive , especially if you negotiate it as part of the deal. Good luck and let us know.

Cliff

Oscar Mike 01-06-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by len poleshaj (Post 1419488)
Might be a crazy thought. Every time I have purchased a new car, the dealer has always filled the gas tank before I leave the lot. Can that also be expected when you buy a brand new Class A

The short answer is YES! When I buy a car the cost is exponentially less then what I spent for my motor home...I got a full tank when I purchased my Bounder, and gas was $3.50+/gallon.

Gadget63 01-06-2013 07:50 AM

Howdy and welcome to the forums!!!

TXiceman 01-06-2013 10:38 AM

Welcome fro m another Cameo owner in Texas. There is a good carriage yahoo group if you have not found it.

When you get to Texas, look up the Texas Boomers and come to a rally.

ken

TButterfield 01-06-2013 10:20 PM

Thanks.

I'm lurking on the Carriage Yahoo group; not planning on getting ticketed in TX. ;)

We have completed our two week test of living and working in the 5er, have placed it in storage, and have returned to the house in Illinois. As the test was a resounding success, the house in Illinois is no longer home. Our home is now in storage in TX. It just felt so wrong leaving it there and driving away from it. Perhaps that will provide some additional motivation to get the house on the market as soon as possible.

Tim

trashman1995 01-13-2013 06:58 AM

Welcome to the forum, you'll learn a lot and have a few laughs along the way!