iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

tedgard01 01-15-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mwoodofd (Post 1885736)
Bob, got it set and confirmed. March 31st. Will see you there!!

Is this group open to new members of Thor coach owners? If so, what are membership requirements? It sounds like your group is planning a trip to the manufacturing facility. Am I understanding that correct? As we expect delivery of our 37GT in February, we are wondering if this may be open to join in on this.

Thanks,
Ted

DGShaffer 01-16-2014 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 1885897)
Is this group open to new members of Thor coach owners? If so, what are membership requirements? It sounds like your group is planning a trip to the manufacturing facility. Am I understanding that correct? As we expect delivery of our 37GT in February, we are wondering if this may be open to join in on this.

Thanks,
Ted

They are heading in for factory repairs. You can make an appointment if you have something that you feel that the factory is best suited to repair. The lot is small so they can only book about five coaches in the same week. They are planning on moving the service shop to the old Monaco facility about 20 minutes south which is supposed to be pretty big. Andy was my tech and I couldn't be more pleased with the fixes he came up with.

They will be hanging out on the lot at night and at 7:30 a tech comes out and rolls your coach in for repairs. You need to find things to do during the day like visit the MH Hall of Fame which is pretty cool, go on the factory tour to see the coaches being built then head down to the Newmar facility to tour how the other guys do it. There are a lot of Amish in the area so there are a bunch of good places to eat relatively close by.

You guys should have a good time if you plan it right. I met a few nice people there and spent time hanging out together.

Mwoodofd 01-16-2014 08:19 AM

Thanks Don for tips. I'm looking forward to going, and am happy and pleased with the followup I am receiving from the factory. I've really enjoyed reading this entire post you started, and the nice custom work and advise shared here. (prefer that over complaints).

tedgard01 01-16-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1886150)
They are heading in for factory repairs.....

Oh, OK. I'll keep this in mind if things come up that I need them to do then. I want to go up there sometime for the tour anyway.

On the other hand, if you have a group of Thor or Challenger folks that do have rallies or other get together's, let us know. We do plan to attend the iRV2 rally later in the year as well.

Thanks,
Ted

DGShaffer 01-16-2014 08:52 AM

All coach manufacturers have weak areas. The manufacturers that pump out the most product will also push out the most units with those specific areas of weakness like the issues that Palazo owners are experiencing with their slides. You have a choice and the ability to research products based on price and reliability so once you purchase a unit, don't complain too loudly because most of the issues are widely discussed.

I'm, not against people sharing their experiences but I like to have a place where we can talk about all of the good that goes with owning our coach. Personally, I've had issues but I love my Challenger despite what small issues I've had. For the price I'm more that satisfied and have been enjoying the hell out of it and have camped out at over two dozen different locations and traveled over 6,000 miles since March of last year and I'm not a full time RVer, my wife and I still work.

With regards to the factory visit. I dealt with Steve at first setting it all up and when I got there Andy was my tech. I was speaking with Steve again as they were wrapping up the repairs. I submitted a laundry list of issues that were mainly minor in nature outside of the leak that my local CW created. I also had a few things go wrong after I submitted the list as well as on my trip out driving through Tornado force winds across Rt. 80. All of these items we addressed without question and to a degree that absolutely amazed me. These guys are pretty creative and a wealth of knowledge. I hope you're as satisfied with your visit as I was with mine. The factory tour at the new facility is not to be missed. Seeing how Newmar does it on their tour was interesting as well and I came out of that glad I went with Thor. The MH Hall of Fame is a real treat seeing how they did it back in the day. You'll appreciate your shower after that visit.

Good luck and remember that a thorough list and good communication are key to ensuring that you come away thoroughly satisfied that everything has been addressed. I also used carpenters tape to mark all areas of concern inside and out and they only removed them when they made the repair. I checked off what was done each day so that in the morning I could go over it with the tech.

Needless to say "I Love my Thor Challenger"

maxtgam 01-16-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1886335)
All coach manufacturers have weak areas. .

I also used carpenters tape to mark all areas of concern inside and out and they only removed them when they made the repair. I checked off what was done each day so that in the morning I could go over it with the tech.

About an hour ago, spoke with my Thor Factory rep. My delivery is set for end of Feb. Wanted to confirm outside colors. I asked him if it was possible for the coach,36.1 Palazzo to be built on a Tue, Wed and Thursdays only. LOL Carpenters tape. Great idea. :dance: Planning to steal that idea.
Thanks

DGShaffer 01-16-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxtgam (Post 1886945)
About an hour ago, spoke with my Thor Factory rep. My delivery is set for end of Feb.

So where is your first trip to? Mid to Western PA is loaded with great places to camp. I prefer State parks and had found a few keepers. Stonewall Jackson Resort in the Western pan handle of Maryland has a small CP called Briers Point. We really enjoyed the place.

Bweiler 01-16-2014 10:54 PM

Have a 37kt 2014.5 on order - should deliver by end of January. Curious to know of any common issues or items to watch out for at PDI. Hopefully most of the kinks have been worked out.

bobandshaz 01-16-2014 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1886335)
All coach manufacturers have weak areas. The manufacturers that pump out the most product will also push out the most units with those specific areas of weakness like the issues that Palazo owners are experiencing with their slides. You have a choice and the ability to research products based on price and reliability so once you purchase a unit, don't complain too loudly because most of the issues are widely discussed.

I'm, not against people sharing their experiences but I like to have a place where we can talk about all of the good that goes with owning our coach. Personally, I've had issues but I love my Challenger despite what small issues I've had. For the price I'm more that satisfied and have been enjoying the hell out of it and have camped out at over two dozen different locations and traveled over 6,000 miles since March of last year and I'm not a full time RVer, my wife and I still work.

With regards to the factory visit. I dealt with Steve at first setting it all up and when I got there Andy was my tech. I was speaking with Steve again as they were wrapping up the repairs. I submitted a laundry list of issues that were mainly minor in nature outside of the leak that my local CW created. I also had a few things go wrong after I submitted the list as well as on my trip out driving through Tornado force winds across Rt. 80. All of these items we addressed without question and to a degree that absolutely amazed me. These guys are pretty creative and a wealth of knowledge. I hope you're as satisfied with your visit as I was with mine. The factory tour at the new facility is not to be missed. Seeing how Newmar does it on their tour was interesting as well and I came out of that glad I went with Thor. The MH Hall of Fame is a real treat seeing how they did it back in the day. You'll appreciate your shower after that visit.

Good luck and remember that a thorough list and good communication are key to ensuring that you come away thoroughly satisfied that everything has been addressed. I also used carpenters tape to mark all areas of concern inside and out and they only removed them when they made the repair. I checked off what was done each day so that in the morning I could go over it with the tech.

I agree would love to see positive feedback. My wife and I are looking for our 2nd MH. We really like some Thor models
But all this negative talk WOW. We may go back to a tent.

tedgard01 01-17-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1882201)
I found this one and just modified it for my particular unit. When I picked up my MH I brought this list. As the tech was walking me through the coach I politely showed it to him and told him that I would find him once I was done. It took me and my wife about 90 minutes to get through it all one at a time and because of that I had a small list of issues and concerns ready. He went through his part of the walk through then proceeded to fix what he could on the spot but I still had to come back once more for items he couldn't repair on the spot.....

You will find a post back a few pages that starts like above. DGShaffer has provided a good list of items to look for in the walkthrough.

tedgard01 01-17-2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bweiler (Post 1887350)
Have a 37kt 2014.5 on order - should deliver by end of January. Curious to know of any common issues or items to watch out for at PDI. Hopefully most of the kinks have been worked out.

I meant my last post for you.

DGShaffer 01-17-2014 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobandshaz (Post 1887386)
I agree would love to see positive feedback. My wife and I are looking for our 2nd MH. We really like some Thor models
But all this negative talk WOW. We may go back to a tent.

The only real issue and one that's being beaten to death is with the choice of slide motor designs. Thor speced the Schwinteck to move their slides in and out but the model that they chose was inadequate for the weight of the larger slides. My 37DT has three slides none of which are full wall. My first issue was a squeaking that sounded like the rubber seal rubbing on the paint and was very annoying. My local CW tried to fix it but instead created a pretty bad leak. With that, I knew that the factory was the only place to go for the repair. I've driven it about 3,000 miles since and the thing is as quiet as could be and with day's of driving through pouring rain, it's sealed up tight.

The other issues I had were small and mainly just annoyances that you don't want after purchasing something so expensive. All of which were handled during the factory visit. But still, on my way home I stopped to clean out my tanks and the entry steps just started hanging down like the gears were stripped. This wasn't a Thor issue, it was an issue with the step manufacturer. I could have brought it back in for a warranty repair but I was going on a trip soon after and didn't want it sitting in the CW lot for weeks. Instead, I purchased a $45 Ford electric window winder motor from AutoZone and installed it myself in about an hour.

If you are reading this thread you must be interested in Thor and their Challenger. Don't let the bad press scare you away, other coach manufacturers have issues and they can cost a lot more per foot than a Thor. I paid $104 for my 2013 37DT and looking at what I'm driving and spending my weekends in for that price I can only say that I am 100 percent positive that I made the right decision for me.

M72561 01-17-2014 06:15 AM

B
We have a 2014 KT and love it.the issues we have with ours as follows, broken slide cable on big slide.replaced the microwave/ convection oven,bedroom tv low voltage cable needs to be replaced,bad cell in starting battery,I found a hose on the suction side of my water pump 95 percent kinked when I winterized my unit.we also had the iPod docking station( not correct term) under the radio replaced.Thor has been great to deal with as well as the local dealer.We do have to take the coach back to the dealer to get the slide cable adjusted that was replaced.It pays to be somewhat mechanically inclined when owning a motorhome because of the constant maintainence that will be required driving your home on wheels.

Bweiler 01-17-2014 06:36 AM

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I went back and got the PDI checklist and also took a look at the slide thread as well. I can understand why folks get upset when there are issues with such an expensive item. - but I guess everything can have issues (cars,houses,etc) when new. We are moving from a Fleetwod Storm to the Challenger - both from same dealership. we had good dealer support on the Storm so I assume the Challenger will be decent too. Worst case Elkhart is a few hours away. Hopefully they can iron out the slide issues - overall the concept of the system and the ease of getting to the motors seems like a good idea from the videos I watched.

rvbunz 01-17-2014 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mwoodofd (Post 1885736)

Bob, got it set and confirmed. March 31st. Will see you there!!

See you there

tedgard01 01-17-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bweiler (Post 1887350)

maxtgam said;
About an hour ago, spoke with my Thor Factory rep. My delivery is set for end of Feb. Wanted to confirm outside colors. I asked him if it was possible for the coach,36.1 Palazzo to be built on a Tue, Wed and Thursdays only. LOL Carpenters tape. Great idea. :dance: Planning to steal that idea. Thanks

It looks like maxtgam and I will be picking up our new coaches in February. Even though max's is a Palazzo, I am sure we will be interested in following the results of your PDI and how things go.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Ted.

bdickson 01-20-2014 07:13 PM

Has anyone tried to replace a fuse in the panel at the drivers feet? I blew the high beam fuse while installing HID kits today (don't ask how). To get to the panel I had to lay on my belly on the doghouse then wiggle forward into the space between the seat and the pedals. I would love to have a quiet moment with the designer (Thor or Ford, not sure which) who chose to put the panel in such an inaccessible position.

DGShaffer 01-20-2014 07:43 PM

I've been down there and it not only can be painful but the anxiety of wondering if you'll be able to get back out is pretty high!

bdickson 01-20-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1892648)
I've been down there and it not only can be painful but the anxiety of wondering if you'll be able to get back out is pretty high!

Yeah, DW was on standby to grab my feet and start pulling! Short of un bolting the drivers seat I don't see any easy way of getting in there.

rvbunz 01-20-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1892656)
Yeah, DW was on standby to grab my feet and start pulling! Short of un bolting the drivers seat I don't see any easy way of getting in there.

Yes it's in a tough spot, my last coach had a drivers door so it was easy.

tedgard01 01-20-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1892697)
Yes it's in a tough spot, my last coach had a drivers door so it was easy.

Hummm.... I sure hope this coach does not blow fuses every day! Lol. I don't like changing the fuse in my Honda CR-V either....

rvbunz 01-21-2014 06:00 PM

Window Shades

4 Attachment(s)
Don,
Here are a couple of photos of the roller shades I had installed yesterday. I also had custom made mats made to cover the carpet in the cockpit, under dining table and stairs.

Ted, if you see this post give me a call. I pm'd my number to you a while back.

jkcruzer1 01-21-2014 06:02 PM

Has anyone come up with an easy way to screen the bedroom window so as to allow a little bug free fresh air in the bedroom? I am familiar with emergency exit windows that have one flat arm at the bottom to extend the window. But my Challenger bedroom window has two flip up handles at the bottom that appear to prohibit a screen.

bdickson 01-21-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 1892733)
Hummm.... I sure hope this coach does not blow fuses every day! Lol. I don't like changing the fuse in my Honda CR-V either....

The coach does not blow fuses. The dumb owner blows the fuses when he lets live wires touch each other. :banghead:

rvbunz 01-21-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkcruzer1 (Post 1893913)
Has anyone come up with an easy way to screen the bedroom window so as to allow a little bug free fresh air in the bedroom? I am familiar with emergency exit windows that have one flat arm at the bottom to extend the window. But my Challenger bedroom window has two flip up handles at the bottom that appear to prohibit a screen.

I know what you mean about the bedroom window. While at the rv show in Tampa last week we saw new coaches with exit windows that had screens and could open. In going to Thor in March and going to see if mine can be replaced with a functional window.

DGShaffer 01-21-2014 07:55 PM

Keep us in that loop. I was thinking about seeing if I could form something up that I could attach a screen to. Then tilt out the window and push it into the opening.

bdickson 01-21-2014 07:59 PM

Our 37GT has the two handle rear window but it also has a smaller side window which is an emergency exit but also has sliding glass and a bug screen.

tedgard01 01-21-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1893910)
... Ted, if you see this post give me a call. I pm'd my number to you a while back.

If you were talking to me (maybe there is another Ted), to my knowledge I have not received your PM. Let me know if you still wanted to talk, if so.

Thanks,
Ted

DGShaffer 01-22-2014 04:53 AM

From what I was told, they can not make a window on the rear wall of a coach that opens other than an emergency exit because of the possibility that it could open during transit and let in Carbon Monoxide. The newer Challengers have a window in the slide so it's on the side of the coach. Makes me want to have my slide exchanged. I'm still pretty sure I can come up with something for the rear window.

rvbunz 01-22-2014 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1894367)
From what I was told, they can not make a window on the rear wall of a coach that opens other than an emergency exit because of the possibility that it could open during transit and let in Carbon Monoxide. The newer Challengers have a window in the slide so it's on the side of the coach. Makes me want to have my slide exchanged. I'm still pretty sure I can come up with something for the rear window.

I've seen rear windows. In going to check with them, if they can't I may have one put in where my headboard is. Remove the headboard. We have thought about adding another slide in the bedroom. Master tech rv in Elkhart can do after market slides. It would run about 14k, so I'm not sure we want to spend that much.

DGShaffer 01-22-2014 06:52 AM

I've only noticed them in really old coach's, never in a modern motor home, in 5th wheels and TT's where there isn't a concern of CO poisoning you'll see them.

I could see adding a window but $14k to add a slide, I would personally eat the depreciation and get another MH with bedroom windows

rvbunz 01-22-2014 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1894433)
I've only noticed them in really old coach's, never in a modern motor home, in 5th wheels and TT's where there isn't a concern of CO poisoning you'll see them.

I could see adding a window but $14k to add a slide, I would personally eat the depreciation and get another MH with bedroom windows

I just saw new coaches at the Tampa show with emergency windows that had the ability to open and had screens. I agree I wouldn't spend 14k to add a slide, I'd buy another coach. I'll let you know what I find out when I get there.

ronny 01-22-2014 09:45 AM

Bruce

You are doing it all wrong. I weight 185 wife weights 112 guess who replaces fuses

bdickson 01-22-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronny (Post 1894623)
Bruce

You are doing it all wrong. I weight 185 wife weights 112 guess who replaces fuses

Nah, I like Bob's idea better. I'm going to take a reciprocating saw and cut a drivers door in the side of my coach. :eek:

bdickson 01-22-2014 04:15 PM

OK, dumb question cause I'm too lazy to get up on the ladder. Does the Challenger have a rubber or a fiberglass roof?

rvbunz 01-22-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1895095)
OK, dumb question cause I'm too lazy to get up on the ladder. Does the Challenger have a rubber or a fiberglass roof?

Too rubber

rvbunz 01-22-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1895105)

Too rubber

That's TPO

bdickson 01-22-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1895106)
That's TPO

Thanks Bob.

cenfl 01-22-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1895095)

not rubber...

TPO stands for thermoplastic polyolefin and is a type of synthetic material often used in the construction of commercial and even some RV roofs. Roofing systems typically consist of three elements: a structural deck, a thermal insulation barrier and a waterproofing membrane. The materials that make up the waterproofing material of most commercial roofs are either asphalt based, rubber based, polymer based, or metal. Most polymers are thermoplastics. TPO roofing membranes are part of the latter group of materials.

DGShaffer 01-22-2014 07:09 PM

But in layman's terms and rubber or fiberglass being the two terms associated with RV roof materials ours is rubber.

The cool thing is that it's on a huge roll and pulled out over the roof by two guys therefore it's one solid piece of thermoplastic polyolefin :D

Webman9113 01-24-2014 04:54 PM

Our surprise discovery for today was that the rear inner right tire was not only flat, but isn't even seated on the rim! There wasn't any obvious damage, and I didn't notice any change in handling (and certainly didn't suffer a blowout). We just brought it back from our local Ford dealership to take care of a minor check engine light issue. I can only wonder how long it's been like that - maybe since we picked it up (new) from Camping World at the beginning of the month? D'oh!

At least nothing bad happened while on the road, having made the discovery after putting it to bed in our storage lot. Lesson learned: make sure the TPMS sensors are on for EVERY trip, even short ones.

Good Sam roadside assist, here we come...

bdickson 01-24-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 1897854)
Our surprise discovery for today was that the rear inner right tire was not only flat, but isn't even seated on the rim! There wasn't any obvious damage, and I didn't notice any change in handling (and certainly didn't suffer a blowout). We just brought it back from our local Ford dealership to take care of a minor check engine light issue. I can only wonder how long it's been like that - maybe since we picked it up (new) from Camping World at the beginning of the month? D'oh!

At least nothing bad happened while on the road, having made the discovery after putting it to bed in our storage lot. Lesson learned: make sure the TPMS sensors are on for EVERY trip, even short ones.

Good Sam roadside assist, here we come...

My TPMS sensors stay on the wheels all the time. The quoted battery life of my Pressure Pro system is 5 to 7 years attached.

Webman9113 01-24-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1897863)
My TPMS sensors stay on the wheels all the time. The quoted battery life of my Pressure Pro system is 5 to 7 years attached.

Yes, I'm definitely going to put them on and just leave them on (we have a TireTraker). I have some spare batteries, so if any of them happen to die they're easy enough to change.

DGShaffer 01-24-2014 06:39 PM

What you do to monitor your tire condition in a personal decision.

I do not use a TPMS at the moment because I'm waiting for one that gets reviews that I'm sold on. I installed a Dual Dynamics CrossFire system on my duals on both this coach and my last coach. I was sold on their system because of what I found when running the first TPMS I tried and that was the pressure differential between the inner steel wheels and the outer aluminum wheels with the inners running higher pressures brought on by the higher running temps. The Crossfire allows the air to flow freely in between the to making them constantly equal. If the pressure on either tire drops by 5% there is a check valve that cuts off the flow and then the flag turns black.

I also have been trying my best to pull over every 2 to 3 hours to stretch using this time to do a walk around to inspect my tires by pressure, temperature, and visual condition. I may get another TMPS but I keep thinking I'll get lazy and stop pulling over.

A good friend of mine almost died from a blood clot due to sitting too long on a trip to Florida. He had bought a brand new truck with dual tanks and just drove tank to tank. When he got home he felt light headed and couldn't catch his breath, amazingly enough he took an aspirin and made it to a neighbor who was a paramedic that quickly diagnosed it and called an ambulance. He was within minutes of dying.

I bought my first motor home after a good friend who had saved all his life, built a retirement home in Florida then died at works just three weeks before his last day.

Life is short!

bigdaddy5120 01-25-2014 02:13 PM

Has anyone had problems with the driver and passenger windows rattling like crazy while traveling ? If so , how did you fix the problem ?

Thanks

DGShaffer 01-25-2014 03:36 PM

Yup and I haven't figured anything out yet. It only happens when there's a side wind. Let us know if you come up with anything cool

bigdaddy5120 01-25-2014 04:45 PM

I have put some rubber weather stripping in the tracks . I will see on my next trip if that takes care of the problem. I will post the results.

I just want to see if anyone else had came up with anything.

camaromance 01-25-2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy5120 (Post 1899218)
I have put some rubber weather stripping in the tracks . I will see on my next trip if that takes care of the problem. I will post the results. I just want to see if anyone else had came up with anything.

So here's what I did and it worked. I put a small 1 inch strip of adhesive backed rubber centered over the rear lip of the glass. Just wrap it around the rear edge so that you have a half inch on inside and outside of the glass. Once it's slid shut the rubber keeps the glass from rattling.

DGShaffer 01-25-2014 07:44 PM

Is the window draft tight with that in there?

camaromance 01-25-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1899447)
Is the window draft tight with that in there?

Seems so. I haven't noticed any more than usual. The rubber is 1/16 thick so it's just enough to keep the glass centered in the track without rattling. It will still shut and lock. It completely eliminated the rattle on both front windows. I think a fine bead of clear caulking in the window channel would work too. The point is, it's the rear upright window channel that caused all the noise in mine.

DGShaffer 01-26-2014 05:29 AM

Thanks Jim! Have you two started looking at places for this summer yet? We'll be at a place afirly close to you near the Louray Caverns in Virginia at the end of May.

rvbunz 01-26-2014 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy5120 (Post 1899081)
Has anyone had problems with the driver and passenger windows rattling like crazy while traveling ? If so , how did you fix the problem ?

Thanks

Yes my windows rattle as week. I've been thinking about putting window trim in like you have in the channels of your car windows. That should tighten up the gap and stop the rattle.

sbleiweiss 01-26-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1899779)
Yes my windows rattle as week. I've been thinking about putting window trim in like you have in the channels of your car windows. That should tighten up the gap and stop the rattle.

Our 2013 DT rattled something fierce until Thor did something like tighten the channel that the window slides in. That made it better but still not great. On the 2014.5 KT we traded for Thor has apparantly made dual pane on those two front/side windows standard. They seem quiet as can be, although we really haven't driven it through a windstorm yet.

bdickson 01-26-2014 11:19 AM

Strange Electrical Problem

I'm almost done replacing all the lights on my 37GT with LED's. The driving lights and turn signals are working just fine. Today I removed the yellow marker lights above the back wheels to install LED replacement light clusters. They did not work, and when I metered the wires I am getting 9 volts on both sides. All the other lights meter at least 12.4 volts. Other than corrosion or a bad connection somewhere, any thoughts?

Webman9113 01-28-2014 09:23 PM

Got our flat tire fixed: looks like a nail must've punched right through the thickest part of the tread. Repaired on site at our storage lot, so we're "mobile" again. Managed to get our Dish receiver hooked up, too, so we'll be ready for our weekend trip to Orlando in a couple weeks... :-)

DGShaffer 01-29-2014 04:54 AM

I'm lost on that voltage issue Bruce. I can only imagine that there is some sort of controller in line that changes voltage to create a blinking effect?

Good luck with the tire repair. I've plugged tires plenty of tires on cars trucks bikes and even my RV so as long as it's done right you shouldn't have a problem with it. Just keep an eye on it and carry a compressor just in case.

They'll be glad you're coming down, they need someone to help shovel the snow!

rvbunz 01-29-2014 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 1904154)
Got our flat tire fixed: looks like a nail must've punched right through the thickest part of the tread. Repaired on site at our storage lot, so we're "mobile" again. Managed to get our Dish receiver hooked up, too, so we'll be ready for our weekend trip to Orlando in a couple weeks... :-)

When are you going to Orlando? I'll be in the area down town Disney from Feb 3rd to the 7th.

Webman9113 01-29-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1904323)
Good luck with the tire repair. I've plugged tires plenty of tires on cars trucks bikes and even my RV so as long as it's done right you shouldn't have a problem with it. Just keep an eye on it and carry a compressor just in case.

I've got a compressor and plan to get religious about checking the tire pressure! This is the first time I've actually seen someone patch a tire, and while I obviously can't claim to be an expert, it seemed like the repair guy knew what he was doing. I hope! :laugh:

Webman9113 01-29-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1904350)
When are you going to Orlando? I'll be in the area down town Disney from Feb 3rd to the 7th.

We'll be heading over on the 21st. It's a long trip, all the way from Sarasota. LOL!

DGShaffer 01-30-2014 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 1905530)
I've got a compressor and plan to get religious about checking the tire pressure! This is the first time I've actually seen someone patch a tire, and while I obviously can't claim to be an expert, it seemed like the repair guy knew what he was doing. I hope! :laugh:

So when you say "patch" he dismounted the tire? I know people frown on plugs but they work and can last as long as the tire. I've even done motorcycle tires on Sport bikes and they've held up really well. A slower turning wheel on an RV is an even easier bet. I can plug a tire and be back in service in 15 minutes.

sbleiweiss 01-30-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 1905533)
We'll be heading over on the 21st. It's a long trip, all the way from Sarasota. LOL!

Hey, if your based in Sarasota where do you recommend for Challenger RVers to stay in that area? We love Long Boat Key and have friends to visit about a half hour south of Sarasota; so something centrally located is good. Pretty and not too crowded is preferable. Full hookup of course. We may come down this Spring, but even if not will come down at some point. Thanks.

Webman9113 01-31-2014 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1905823)
So when you say "patch" he dismounted the tire? I know people frown on plugs but they work and can last as long as the tire. I've even done motorcycle tires on Sport bikes and they've held up really well. A slower turning wheel on an RV is an even easier bet. I can plug a tire and be back in service in 15 minutes.

Yep! He pulled the tire off the rim, put a plug in the hole, then a patch on the inside. I'll be very surprised if it doesn't outlast the tire!

DGShaffer 01-31-2014 07:02 AM

If you're a professional tire guy, I think it's against the law now to plug a tire. God forbid it goes flat again cause yer gonna get sued!

Webman9113 01-31-2014 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 1906056)
Hey, if your based in Sarasota where do you recommend for Challenger RVers to stay in that area? We love Long Boat Key and have friends to visit about a half hour south of Sarasota; so something centrally located is good. Pretty and not too crowded is preferable. Full hookup of course. We may come down this Spring, but even if not will come down at some point. Thanks.

We've been at two of the parks in the area (there are a couple others, but not many close by), both of which I'd recommend. If you're looking for something family oriented, Sun-n-Fun is your best (well, pretty much only) option. It's a big park, huge swimming pool and rec center, lots of activities, and very well maintained and managed. It's not exactly centrally located, but is probably no more than 20-30 minutes from just about anywhere in Sarasota you'd likely want to go, and there's a Sam's Club, grocery story, Target, etc. very close by. There's also a Texaco station right across the street that has RV/truck islands with gas and diesel.

The other place we've stayed (well, technically, my parents stayed there in our RV) is Sunny South. It's a 55+ park that's much smaller and doesn't have a lot of amenities (but it does have a tiki bar!), but it, too, is very well maintained. It's also much more centrally located, with the closest beach access just a few miles away. A CostCo (which has a gas station big enough and with good entry/exit access for gas RVs), Westfield Mall, and just about anything else you could possibly need or want is literally within a radius of two miles.

Both parks have full hookups, of course, and can easily handle big rigs.

So, if it was just myself and my wife (and we were 55 or older - still a few years to go yet!), I'd choose Sunny South because of its superior location. If taking the kids, definitely Sun-n-Fun.

As for timing, be advised that the snowbird season here lasts through the end of March or so and it might be hard to get reservations (especially at Sunny South) for the winter months unless you make them early.

Hope that helps!

Webman9113 01-31-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1907234)
If you're a professional tire guy, I think it's against the law now to plug a tire. God forbid it goes flat again cause yer gonna get sued!

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done it if it was illegal... :)

rvbunz 01-31-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 1900100)

Our 2013 DT rattled something fierce until Thor did something like tighten the channel that the window slides in. That made it better but still not great. On the 2014.5 KT we traded for Thor has apparantly made dual pane on those two front/side windows standard. They seem quiet as can be, although we really haven't driven it through a windstorm yet.

I just purchased some window weather stripping at Lowe's and cut it down, then put it in the reader edge of the window channel and it seems to have worked so far. It is black and self adhesive. I'll be on I-4 next week at higher speeds and that should give me a better test. I'll update then

tedgard01 01-31-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1908187)
I just purchased some window weather stripping at Lowe's and cut it down, then put it in the reader edge of the window channel and it seems to have worked so far. It is black and self adhesive. I'll be on I-4 next week at higher speeds and that should give me a better test. I'll update then

Sounds like a good idea Bob.

rvbunz 01-31-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1908187)

Another item added to my list for visit to Thor service center on 31 March. While here in rainy Florida I went to get a jacket out of my bedroom closet and the sleeve was wet. Three of the four closets in the bedroom are making in the corner edge.

rvbunz 01-31-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1908202)

Another item added to my list for visit to Thor service center on 31 March. While here in rainy Florida I went to get a jacket out of my bedroom closet and the sleeve was wet. Three of the four closets in the bedroom are making in the corner edge.

That's leaking not making

camaromance 01-31-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1908205)
That's leaking not making

Oh, that's good. I was starting to wonder why your sewer pipes were routed through your closets.

DGShaffer 02-01-2014 05:31 AM

Miss Dasey, I gots ta make water

DGShaffer 02-01-2014 05:34 AM

Quote:

I've be talking to a few Pallazo owners here that have March appoints as well. You can join in HERE

sbleiweiss 02-01-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 1907243)
We've been at two of the parks in the area (there are a couple others, but not many close by), both of which I'd recommend. If you're looking for something family oriented, Sun-n-Fun is your best (well, pretty much only) option. It's a big park, huge swimming pool and rec center, lots of activities, and very well maintained and managed. It's not exactly centrally located, but is probably no more than 20-30 minutes from just about anywhere in Sarasota you'd likely want to go, and there's a Sam's Club, grocery story, Target, etc. very close by. There's also a Texaco station right across the street that has RV/truck islands with gas and diesel.

The other place we've stayed (well, technically, my parents stayed there in our RV) is Sunny South. It's a 55+ park that's much smaller and doesn't have a lot of amenities (but it does have a tiki bar!), but it, too, is very well maintained. It's also much more centrally located, with the closest beach access just a few miles away. A CostCo (which has a gas station big enough and with good entry/exit access for gas RVs), Westfield Mall, and just about anything else you could possibly need or want is literally within a radius of two miles.

Both parks have full hookups, of course, and can easily handle big rigs.

So, if it was just myself and my wife (and we were 55 or older - still a few years to go yet!), I'd choose Sunny South because of its superior location. If taking the kids, definitely Sun-n-Fun.

As for timing, be advised that the snowbird season here lasts through the end of March or so and it might be hard to get reservations (especially at Sunny South) for the winter months unless you make them early.

Hope that helps!

Thanks. Do you know anything about Myakka River State Park? It is the unusual State Park that has full hookups and looks nice, on the web anyway. We are over 55ers traveling without kids or grandkids.

Webman9113 02-01-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 1908700)
Thanks. Do you know anything about Myakka River State Park? It is the unusual State Park that has full hookups and looks nice, on the web anyway. We are over 55ers traveling without kids or grandkids.

When we visited the park (just cruising through, mind you, not staying there in our rig), we only got a glimpse of the campground area, but it seemed nice enough, and looks *really* nice from the Google Maps satellite view. If you're bird-watching nature lovers, that would certainly be a good place to hang your hat. If I recall correctly, there are quite a few trails, bike paths, and so on from which you can observe the local wildlife.

The two main things to factor in are that it's a longer drive (add maybe 15-20 minutes at a guess) to places west of I-75, which is pretty much everything, and there is absolutely nothing close by in terms of food, shopping, etc.

So, it just depends on what tickles your fancy... :)

bdickson 02-01-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

bob, I had the same problem. It's condensation, not a leak. I got some closet dehumidifier packets from Walmart and the problem went away.

Webman9113 02-02-2014 04:16 AM

I've got what, for me, is a pretty major project lined up: installing the Currie base plate and the CoolTech wiring harness in the Jeep. It looks straightforward enough that even a mechanically declined clod like me should be able to do it, so we'll see...

tedgard01 02-02-2014 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 1909832)
I've got what, for me, is a pretty major project lined up: installing the Currie base plate and the CoolTech wiring harness in the Jeep. It looks straightforward enough that even a mechanically declined clod like me should be able to do it, so we'll see...

When I bought my new Honda CR-V a couple of months ago, I also had to install a new base plate, I also updated my brake system to a Stay-N-Play, and wanted a tow hitch installed on the CR-V.

I contemplated installing them myself, then I received a Camping World flyer that said they were offering $29 installs. I went over there and they installed all the above items for only $29 each. That saved about $1,500 in labor cost and a lot of my time and the related headache.

I see that they are offering $39 installs at this time.

DGShaffer 02-02-2014 07:43 AM

^^^^ Great post! ^^^^ I saw that same add about the $39.00 installs

tedgard01 02-02-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1909946)
^^^^ Great post! ^^^^ I saw that same add about the $39.00 installs

BTW, as a side note, I was waffling about installing an in-motion satellite system. Well, I saved enough in labor cost to pay for the system and they only charged $29 to install it as well.

Also, as part of my negotiations on the purchase of my new Challenger 37GT, they are installing a new in-motion satellite system on it at no cost (because I just had that installed on the trade in unit before deciding to upgrade).

Webman9113 02-02-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 1909859)
When I bought my new Honda CR-V a couple of months ago, I also had to install a new base plate, I also updated my brake system to a Stay-N-Play, and wanted a tow hitch installed on the CR-V.

I contemplated installing them myself, then I received a Camping World flyer that said they were offering $29 installs. I went over there and they installed all the above items for only $29 each. That saved about $1,500 in labor cost and a lot of my time and the related headache.

I see that they are offering $39 installs at this time.

D'oh! Yes, I remember seeing that, but it never even occurred to me that it might apply to a toad. The only downside is that the nearest Camping World is about an hour away, but for that price it definitely would've been worth considering.

So far the installation hasn't been bad, relatively speaking. The main thing was trying to wrestle the base plate into position over the four existing holes in the bumper. The outer two were easy, but the inner pair were...well, let's just say there was some colorful language coming out from under the jeep at that point. :laugh:

Now I've got to drill two more holes in the bumper and four in the forward cross piece in the frame and fit the rest of the bolts. I'm hoping that won't be a major ordeal, but I've got to get a punch to help start the drill bit into the metal (will be going off to get that shortly). That will complete the base plate installation, then I get to entertain myself with installing the CoolTech wiring harness... :eek:

Webman9113 02-02-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 1909957)
BTW, as a side note, I was waffling about installing an in-motion satellite system. Well, I saved enough in labor cost to pay for the system and they only charged $29 to install it as well.

Also, as part of my negotiations on the purchase of my new Challenger 37GT, they are installing a new in-motion satellite system on it at no cost (because I just had that installed on the trade in unit before deciding to upgrade).

NICE! While I know some folks have had issues with various Camping World retailers/repair shops, I have to say the folks in Bartow were great. We got a great base price on our rig AND they threw in a free Splendide washer/dryer combo, installed. The only thing we had to pay extra for was for them to move the pull-out shelves in the W/D cabinet up above the washer

Oh, on a completely different subject: when I was setting up the Dish receiver the other day, I was running the generator for 120V power and discovered something odd. If the main TV's input was on the Blu-Ray HDMI (note that I switched out the stock DVD player for a Sony BDP-S185 that's a perfect fit), it was fine. If I switched it over to the antenna input from the video switcher (coax), it got hit with a lot of interference/snow. Oddly enough, the TV in the dining area did *not*. Any ideas on how to track down and eliminate the noise (if it's not an easy fix, I'll just leave it for Camping World later)?

DGShaffer 02-02-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 1910434)
We got a great base price on our rig AND they threw in a free Splendide washer/dryer combo, installed.

Same here! After using it for the first time we noticed that it leaked :banghead:

Honestly though, I have a good relationship with my local CW. They struggle on the tough stuff and leave the simple things to the rookies. The in between stuff is handled pretty well.

Webman9113 02-02-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1910444)
Same here! After using it for the first time we noticed that it leaked :banghead:

Honestly though, I have a good relationship with my local CW. They struggle on the tough stuff and leave the simple things to the rookies. The in between stuff is handled pretty well.

Alas, we haven't used the washer yet, but I'm planning to test it out on our upcoming short trip to Orlando. If there are any problems, we'll just have CW fix them when we have them fix the leaking ice maker connection behind the fridge. From what I've seen so far, they seem to have their act together. I just wish they weren't an hour and a half away.

Well, I managed to install the Currie base plate on the Jeep. The biggest problem was getting the upper holes that go into the bumper to line up right. Jeez. After that it was just drilling and sticking in the bolts. So that part's done.

I must confess that the CoolTech harness, however, did me in. Not because it was overly difficult to hook up (it was, literally, plug and play), but because I was getting totally pooped by that point and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to route the cable forward past the front tires and engine compartment. It seems like everything in the forward third of the vehicle is some sort of moving bar or other gizmo. Not knowing what would be safe to zip tie it to, I boxed it back up - we'll take a drive down to Ft. Myers this week to the Camping World there and have them do it. We haven't been down there before, so that'll be a good excuse to take a look around after they've got the harness installed.

Now, where's that beer...

tedgard01 02-02-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 1910709)
Now, where's that beer...

Just in time for the game!

Webman9113 02-02-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 1910844)
Just in time for the game!

There was a game? I thought one of the teams didn't show up...:laugh:

tedgard01 02-02-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 1911089)
There was a game? I thought one of the teams didn't show up...:laugh:

Man, what a blow out!

DGShaffer 02-03-2014 04:08 AM

Not only did those people have to sit through that but getting out of there probably took just as long as the game. I was happy to be able to tune it out after the post half time punt return

DGShaffer 02-06-2014 06:32 AM

I'm about done with this snow! Those adds for Lake Weir Village are looking better and better!

I went over to the MH last weekend to start up the generator to top off the batteries. It sure was chilly in there. I miss it.

During the winters I take the time to research and book our trips for the summer. It helps to combat the cabin fever. I've already set up 7 weekends locally and a bunch of extended weekends. I booked a place near the Lurey Caverns in Virginia for those of you down that way, perhaps we can get together while we're there.

Come'on April!!!!

tedgard01 02-06-2014 08:04 AM

I am having a 60" X13" concrete pad & extended driveway poured by the side of my house next week, if the weather cooperates. I already installed a 50 amp service on the garage to hook up to, which I used for my Dolphin as well.

I will park my new Challenger on the pad when it gets here. That way I will be able to just back in, hook up, and keep it warm and ready to go all year, or even have it available as an extension of the house (man cave comes to mind).

After the Challenger arrives, we will most likely head to a local camp for the shake down. Then if all goes well, we plan to head down to Florida for a few days to visit the BIL, probably early March. After coming home from that trip, we plan to head to Albuquerque, NM for several weeks at the MIL's place. We have full hookups and a parking pad there as well, which we installed for the Dolphin.

That means that we most likely will not get back to NC until sometime late April or even early May. The current plan is to head out to Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and Nevada with friends.

I would like to look up the camp site in Virginia you mentioned and see if that may be something we can fit in.

bobandshaz 02-06-2014 09:48 AM

We are in NM and not far from Abq. When will you be out this way? If ya want to meet and get together let us know.
Bob

tedgard01 02-06-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobandshaz (Post 1915859)
We are in NM and not far from Abq. When will you be out this way? If ya want to meet and get together let us know. Bob

Our current plan is to be in NM in March, and we may stay there for several weeks at my MIL's place. It is actually in Corrales. That is across the river close to Rio Rancho, if you know where that is. Sure, we could hook up if you are available at that time.

bobandshaz 02-06-2014 10:21 AM

Know where it is. We are east of Abq off I40 North of Moriarty. Be prepared for cold weather. We have snow right now. We will be here so yes if you have time and want to we sure could meet up.

Bob

SPovelko 02-07-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1880058)
I probably would'nt be as upset if I didn't have to chase Thor around about this. The majority of the time I have to call them as they will not call me back ,even when they say they will. Thats ok I hired the best lemon law lawyer in California yesterday.:dance:

Update : Since I spoke with the Lawyer the wife wanted me to hold off to see if Thor would step up once she called them. They sent a tech out to Las Vegas on the 17th of January to direct CW in how to make the repair. Why he did'nt stay and actually direct them as they made the repair I'll never know? CW attempted the repair on January 27th. January 31st CW contacted me and said they could not complete the repair as the inside of the front cap is not how the Thor tech described it. Am I frustrated at this point? You have no idea(but my wife does...lol). Now Thor is sending yet another tech out this comming Monday(2/9/14) to actually make the repair(You think they would have thought of that the first dam time). So here I am more than three months after purchasing my brand new coach ,and I still have not been able to use it! My wife and I have now missed three separate trips with friends and family including the big one next weekend on Presidents day.Am I still going to move forward with the lawyer to try and obtain compensation for the three months of payments ,registration fees ,and insurance payments on an rv I have not been able to use do to a factory defect? You bet your a** I am. :banghead:

SPovelko 02-07-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1917313)
Update : Since I spoke with the Lawyer the wife wanted me to hold off to see if Thor would step up once she called them. They sent a tech out to Las Vegas on the 17th of January to direct CW in how to make the repair. Why he did'nt stay and actually direct them as they made the repair I'll never know? CW attempted the repair on January 27th. January 31st CW contacted me and said they could not complete the repair as the inside of the front cap is not how the Thor tech described it. Am I frustrated at this point? You have no idea(but my wife does...lol). Now Thor is sending yet another tech out this comming Monday(2/9/14) to actually make the repair(You think they would have thought of that the first dam time). So here I am more than three months after purchasing my brand new coach ,and I still have not been able to use it! My wife and I have now missed three separate trips with friends and family including the big one next weekend on Presidents day.Am I still going to move forward with the lawyer to try and obtain compensation for the three months of payments ,registration fees ,and insurance payments on an rv I have not been able to use do to a factory defect? You bet your a** I am. :banghead:

Do I still believe Thor is the best value dollar for dollar in the industry...YES!:banghead:

SPovelko 02-07-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1918215)
Do I still believe Thor is the best value dollar for dollar in the industry...YES!:banghead:

This situation is beyond fustrating becauase the woman I love more than life itself loves this RV!

SPovelko 02-15-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1918221)
This situation is beyond fustrating becauase the woman I love more than life itself loves this RV!

The guys from Thor and CW have now adjusted the front cap and replaced the windshield. Now another three to four weeks for them to re-paint the front cap. So now were looking at four plus months not being able to use my brand new(term used loosely) Coach.:banghead:

Webman9113 02-15-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1928414)
The guys from Thor and CW have now adjusted the front cap and replaced the windshield. Now another three to four weeks for them to re-paint the front cap. So now were looking at four plus months not being able to use my brand new(term used loosely) Coach.:banghead:

Hmm. I'd at least ask Thor to pick up the tab for your loan payments for the time it will have been out of action. Seems like the least they could do to make a customer happy after all you've had to go through!

Webman9113 02-15-2014 01:01 PM

We're planning to take our 37KT in next Friday to the CW at Bartow to get a Safe-T-Plus and rear trac bar installed (assuming they have the trac bar available - they sorta dropped the ball last week on what I wanted done), plus get the ice maker leak fixed under warranty. I'll be driving it up in the morning, then the wife & kids will meet me up there that afternoon and we'll hook up the Jeep and continue on to Orlando for our first visit to Universal Studios...

Bweiler 02-16-2014 07:37 AM

An update to my past post. I took delivery of a 2014.5 37 kt yesterday. Overall everything went well and I am very pleased with coach and dealer service. There were some issues that dealer addressed promptly and fixed before delivery. Could be common issues - but just wanted to provide some details for others benefit - not complaining...

Items that were fixed :

*Plastic plates under carpet for rear flat floor slides were misaligned causing floor not to drop in and extend properly
*43 bolts found in slide floor, etc. Dealer said a few are obviously normal - but 43 was excessive :)
*Lower kitchen cabinets by sink were not braced in rear of glides properly. The rear of cabinets would sway back and forth.
*Schwintek power cable on front of power bed lift was cramped between lip on bed - needed to be notched out to lift and stow properly.
*Shower pipe was not glued at all - just dry fit and leaked when flood/pressure tested.
*minor cabinet alignments / folding solid surface cutting board area not installed properly.
*dent in fridge door from factory.
*rear cable in slide needed adjustment

Overall - glad I had a decent and meticulous dealer prepped it. They did a great job and there was way more on the punch list than mentioned here. I appreciated seeing how it actually arrived from factory and the definite added value of dealer prep.

I was pretty surprised after upgrading from a F53 2011 Fleetwood Storm how much better the Challenger rides and drives. You would never know they are on a similar chassis. I can only imagine the next step to a diesel chassis....but that won't be for a long,long,long time :)....I'm not climbing any mountains and stay in the midwest so this was the definitely the best and most economical call for my needs.

Wanted to also add that mine came with the "rapid camp" remote control system (looks like a small iPod) that controls all the slides, lighting, generator, and leveling system. Seems like a good idea in being able to walk around coach outside while performing leveling and slide functions.

Look forward to the first shakedown trip.

tedgard01 02-16-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bweiler (Post 1929485)
An update to my past post. I took delivery of a 2014.5 37 kt yesterday. Overall everything went well and I am very pleased with coach and dealer service. There were some issues that dealer addressed promptly and fixed before delivery....

Thanks for the update!

My 37GT was delayed a bit due to the weather conditions. The latest update is that mine was to come off line on Wednesday and go to get painted. I understand that will take 10 business days. Then back to do the final audit and cleaning. They said that it will be shipped shortly after that.

Camping World will do the PDI, put on the First Finish clear coat, install a stackable washer and dryer, install the in-motion satellite, and install the SaniCon (sp?) macerator. Then we will have my old coach parked door to door and transfer all the personal items (what fun).... I am hoping to take delivery around March 10th.

I am having a 13' X 60' concrete pad poured beside my house for the coach to be parked on, and with the freezing temperature, that was delayed as well, but it should be done well in advance to cure before it arrives. Unfortunately, I will need to head out almost as soon as it arrives to Albuquerque. So I sure hope I don't have any manufacturing defects to deal with.