iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

gavaman 10-31-2015 05:49 PM

I have a 2016 challenger 37kt. I tried to get cable connected into my Motorhome but I was told there was a button I had to push in to switch from over the air tv to cable. Does anyone know where that button is? I had a 2006 Damon Daybreak that had it located by the tv but I can't find in anywhere in this unit. I have the normal crank up over the air antenna and a satellite connection but at this RV site I can't get satellite.
Where is this button?

Sanford 11-01-2015 04:58 AM

Cable tv

Look inside the lower right cabinet under the main tv. There is a connection there and a small button next to it. It has to be on for the top antenna to work, and off for cable.

Sanford
37 kt

sbleiweiss 11-01-2015 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 2807084)
I have a 2016 challenger 37kt. I tried to get cable connected into my Motorhome but I was told there was a button I had to push in to switch from over the air tv to cable. Does anyone know where that button is? I had a 2006 Damon Daybreak that had it located by the tv but I can't find in anywhere in this unit. I have the normal crank up over the air antenna and a satellite connection but at this RV site I can't get satellite.
Where is this button?

On my 2014.5 it is in the small, long opening above the fireplace and below the TV. It looks like a DVR or cable box, but has a power button plus choices for each of the four TVs. On a 2013 it was in a cabinet above the passenger seat. Hope this helps.

gavaman 11-01-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanford (Post 2807513)
Look inside the lower right cabinet under the main tv. There is a connection there and a small button next to it. It has to be on for the top antenna to work, and off for cable.

Sanford
37 kt

Under my TV is a fireplace. Would it be around that?

gavaman 11-01-2015 09:16 AM

I will look there again,thanks

gavaman 11-01-2015 09:26 AM

Mine is doing the same thing with the white build up. I have the RV plugged into a 50amp
Connection. I also have a trickle charger on the house batteries. Could the trickle charger be the problem with the white build up?

gavaman 11-01-2015 09:31 AM

Mine doing the same thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2806429)
House Batteries Question - I am getting a build-up of white powdery stuff on the metal clamp that attaches the nylon strap that holds the two house batteries in place. I gather this means my batteries are overcharging (they are plugged into 50 amp in the garage). Don't Challengers have a smart charger that is supposed to avoid this?

I have mine plugged into a 50amp connection and a trickle charger on the house batteries. Could this be why, I don't need the trickle charger connected?

KC 11-01-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 2807084)
Where is this button?

In our 2015 KT, our button is in the lower right (cabinet on the floor bottom shelve) cabinet all the way in the back. Its not easy to get at.

KC

Sanford 11-01-2015 03:11 PM

Yes, in the cabinet to the right of the fireplace. It is small. Should be a green light when on.

sbleiweiss 11-02-2015 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC (Post 2807932)
In our 2015 KT, our button is in the lower right (cabinet on the floor bottom shelve) cabinet all the way in the back. Its not easy to get at.

KC

I'm confused by this thread. We have a 2014.5 KT which should be the same as 2015s. We have no button in rear of cabinet that I know of. At least not one that affects anything. My controls are on a freestanding box under the LR TV. It has a button for antenna, one for cable. Pushing the respective buttons on that box is all we need to do to switch between broadcast and cable.

sbleiweiss 11-02-2015 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 2807889)
Mine is doing the same thing with the white build up. I have the RV plugged into a 50amp
Connection. I also have a trickle charger on the house batteries. Could the trickle charger be the problem with the white build up?

My understanding is that plugged into 50 amp the batteries all charge. You don't need a trickle charger. Mine is not on a trickle charger other than whatever is built into the Challenger.

KC 11-02-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2809056)
I'm confused by this thread. We have a 2014.5 KT which should be the same as 2015s. We have no button in rear of cabinet that I know of. At least not one that affects anything. My controls are on a freestanding box under the LR TV. It has a button for antenna, one for cable. Pushing the respective buttons on that box is all we need to do to switch between broadcast and cable.

My unit is a 15.5 and its in the cabinet, and its a pain to get at, you have to lay on the floor to reach to the back to hit the switch. As we are going for a Sat system its not a big deal for us.

KC

gavaman 11-03-2015 12:18 PM

Button

[QUOTE=KC;2809083]My unit is a 15.5 and its in the cabinet, and its a pain to get at, you have to lay on the floor to reach to the back to hit the switch. As we are going for a Sat system its not a big deal for us.

I found it behind a panel that I had to remove four screws to get to it in the lower right cabinet. What a strange place to put it. I would have seen it without talking the panel off

Demanda 11-03-2015 02:59 PM

Hi - does anyone know where the controller for the large slide out is located on the Challenger KT? We've looked pretty much everywhere with no success. Our new toy is 3 hours old & the big slide doesn't open or close fully. Almost, but one side doesn't quite make it...

Thanks -

Demanda from Delaware

gavaman 11-03-2015 06:26 PM

Controller

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demanda (Post 2810866)
Hi - does anyone know where the controller for the large slide out is located on the Challenger KT? We've looked pretty much everywhere with no success. Our new toy is 3 hours old & the big slide doesn't open or close fully. Almost, but one side doesn't quite make it...

Thanks -

Demanda from Delaware

look above the drivers seat in the cabinet above, that's where mine is

bigben 11-04-2015 05:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I looked on our Challenger thread but didn't find any reference to a flip up Whirlpool refrig latch. One of the annoyances I've had is the goofy 4" screw latch. Over on the Palazzo thread I found the flip up one that works great. Here is some info:

1. Total Value RV has them , they ar part#0315479, $7.41 plus shipping.

2. There is a hex head screw at the left side of the cabinet (right hand hinge mount). So to mount the new latch in place of the goofy 4" long screw, remove the hex head screw, place the large hole over the empty screw hole and replace the hex head screw.

I went to the local hardware store and bought a #12 x3/4" round head machine screw. I used this in the other hole on the new handle and put it directly into the former hole for the aforementioned goofy 4" long screw.

3. Some pics

ctpres 11-05-2015 03:26 PM

thanks bigben. Ordered one today.

LyonsL 11-05-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demanda (Post 2810866)

Thanks -
Demanda from Delaware

Demanda, what model year is your coach? In my 2015 37KT, the controller for the large slide is under the bed, at the foot of the bed on the right side.

bigben 11-06-2015 04:00 AM

ctpres - yep. Not sure who came up with the idea of long screw in latch. Probably costs a great deal less.

Sanford 11-06-2015 05:12 AM

Mine is a 2016. It is located in the cabinet directly above the drivers seat.

Sanford

LyonsL 11-06-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigben (Post 2812360)
I looked on our Challenger thread but didn't find any reference to a flip up Whirlpool refrig latch. One of the annoyances I've had is the goofy 4" screw latch. Over on the Palazzo thread I found the flip up one that works great.

bigben, good find and thanks for sharing. I'll be ordering one also.

Webman9113 11-06-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigben (Post 2812360)
I looked on our Challenger thread but didn't find any reference to a flip up Whirlpool refrig latch. One of the annoyances I've had is the goofy 4" screw latch. Over on the Palazzo thread I found the flip up one that works great. Here is some info:

1. Total Value RV has them , they ar part#0315479, $7.41 plus shipping.

Thanks for that! We've been using velcro. Just ordered one of these... :)

ctpres 11-09-2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2805835)
Took our one year old baby in to CW Katy TX for two final wty items: Slide cable broke for second time and windshield trim came out for third time. I could fix both but due to problems expected putting slide wood trim back on like new I decided to let CW try. Will let y'all know how it turns out. CW completion est 2-3 weeks.

UPDATE: One week in CW hands. Was promised a status report. Did not get one so called to check. Advised coach was put in service bay to check/confirm problems and report to Thor for approval and parts. Interesting - we have a cell GPS theft tracking system installed in our rig and guess what - it never moved since day we took it there????? Watch what you say CW - Big Brother is watching. Wonder what dash cam recorder will show when we get her back. I turn ours around and turn on the motion detector so it will record any in coach activity.

bigben 11-09-2015 05:50 PM

Gotta shout for my service team. CW they are not - thankfully. Jake Shell and his folks work with us and Thor to get to our problems resolved. A couple of issues he deferred to factory service and Thor agreed. Many thanks for not getting the CW shuffle.

KC 11-18-2015 11:26 AM

Has anyone add a Travler Sat dish to there challenger? We have a 37KT (late model 15) and have 4 TVís. I hope to use two receivers, one in the living room that would control everything but the bedroom TV, the other in the bedroom. Has anyone added one? Any photos? Thanks All!!!!

KC

ke3su 11-19-2015 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC (Post 2829900)
Has anyone add a Travler Sat dish to there challenger? We have a 37KT (late model 15) and have 4 TVís. I hope to use two receivers, one in the living room that would control everything but the bedroom TV, the other in the bedroom. Has anyone added one? Any photos? Thanks All!!!!

KC

Yes, I installed the travler on 2014.5 KT. The re-enforced pad is 18" behind the forward vent. I ran the cables into the entry way cabinet and then down the corner, boxed in the wires with wood trim. Came across the basement and followed the wire pack into the slide out. I use a dual TV receiver for Dish. The main TV is a HDMI cable. The other TV's are wired through the DVD port on the multi port device. All TV's can use the 1 receiver. The DVD player is wired direct to the main TV and not to the multi port device.

bigdaddy5120 11-19-2015 04:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I contacted THOR for drawings on my 2014 challenger , They sent the wrong ones. I think these are for the 2014.5/2015. Maybe some of you can use these.

Bigdaddy51200

ctpres 11-20-2015 06:30 AM

Thank you bigdaddy.

Rascal55 11-21-2015 10:05 AM

With all the talk of breaking cables over the last number of months, I should have been well warned. In mid Oct., the day before we left on our trip south, one of our "in" cables broke. The slide seemed to be catching on something and the cable snapped causing the slide to tilt back. I removed the molding and proceeded to inspect and then figure out what to do. The bolt attached to the cable was what broke. I was able to splice the broken bolt to a threaded rod using the long nut. This way we were able to get the slide pulled in. We decided to wait until we got to the Phoenix area to get the repair done as there are very few places in Manitoba to get repairs to Motor homes and we had no time to wait weeks for service. After arriving in Mes AZ, Joe from ASAP Mobile RV Service came, ordered a new cable and has now repaired the break and adjusted the tension on the cables. We're still not sure what caused the initial break, was it the poor tension or was the slide catching on something. The tension was so slack that when the slide was out the "in" cables were lying on the roof of the slide and vise/versa.This lack of any tension on the opposite cables did not seem right to me.
If there are any thoughts or ideas out in cyber land let me know. Until then I keep my eyes on the situation.

sbleiweiss 11-22-2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rascal55 (Post 2833614)
The tension was so slack that when the slide was out the "in" cables were lying on the roof of the slide and vise/versa.This lack of any tension on the opposite cables did not seem right to me.

What are the "in" cables and the "out" cables? When our slide is out I see four cables, two low and two high. When the slide is in I don't see any cables. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

ctpres 11-22-2015 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2834728)
What are the "in" cables and the "out" cables? When our slide is out I see four cables, two low and two high. When the slide is in I don't see any cables. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Four cable pull slide in and four pull it out. The ones you see outside are the ones that pull slide in. With slide in reach behind wood trim at each corner and you can find/feel the out cables. Easy to feel cable tension and check for beginning cable failure at the ends where cable attaches to back side of wood trim.

gavaman 11-22-2015 02:23 PM

I have a new 2016 Thor Challenger 37kt. Any idea where I could get the rubber piece that goes on top and under the shower door. It's already cracked and leaking. I emailed THOR but they never answered and I don't want to take it into the shop for them to take weeks to get the two pieces. Any suggestions?

ctpres 11-22-2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 2835226)
I have a new 2016 Thor Challenger 37kt. Any idea where I could get the rubber piece that goes on top and under the shower door. It's already cracked and leaking. I emailed THOR but they never answered and I don't want to take it into the shop for them to take weeks to get the two pieces. Any suggestions?

Drip shields may not be the problem. Look at space between threshold and bottom of door on hinge side and latch side. I'll bet latch side is much lower causing drip shield to be forced over threshold causing excessive wear. If it is then shower frame needs adjusting to square things up. When shower walls properly aligned, new drip shields installed and everything is recaulked you should be OK.

bigben 11-23-2015 05:39 AM

Give Thor Warranty A Call

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 2835226)

Best suggestion: Call Tom Overton at Thor Warranty at (877) 855-2867. Tell him the problem. I have done this for a couple of parts that needed repair and often they will send to you and let you install. May ask for the old parts back to validate the condition. Great folks to work with.

Before you call you will need your VIN number. Normally only want the last 8 digits but before they can help much they will need that VIN number.

sbleiweiss 11-23-2015 08:31 PM

Question about Water Pressure and Water Pump-

When we were at Thor the tech said we could run the water pump while hooked to city water to increase the pressure. Tried it tonight and it worked, but I can hear the pump still running even after stopping using water. Is it a problem to have pump on while water bay is set to city water? Should pump continue to run? Does it pull water from the fresh tank in this scenario, or just add some extra push to the city water coming in?

H3OHIO 11-24-2015 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2837055)

When we were at Thor the tech said we could run the water pump while hooked to city water to increase the pressure. Tried it tonight and it worked, but I can hear the pump still running even after stopping using water. Is it a problem to have pump on while water bay is set to city water? Should pump continue to run? Does it pull water from the fresh tank in this scenario, or just add some extra push to the city water coming in?

If the pump is running its pulling water or trying to from your tank. It shouldn't keep running after you turn the faucet off, it may be back feeding to the city water if the pressure is that low.

ctpres 11-24-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2837055)

Water pump running after everything shut off - Only three things that I can think of for problem as described. If backfeeding city supply line backflow preventer is bad. Remove city connect hose and see if water comes out while pump running. If it does and fresh water tank level goes down - replace backflow preventer. Or pump is feeding water into storage tank - selector knob in right position this should not happen - but just monitor tank level and see if it goes up. Or there is a leak and probably a pretty big one for continuous run pump. Water will show up somewhere. If pump only runs for seconds after faucet shut off - that is normal.

sbleiweiss 11-25-2015 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2837855)
Water pump running after everything shut off - Only three things that I can think of for problem as described. If backfeeding city supply line backflow preventer is bad. Remove city connect hose and see if water comes out while pump running. If it does and fresh water tank level goes down - replace backflow preventer. Or pump is feeding water into storage tank - selector knob in right position this should not happen - but just monitor tank level and see if it goes up. Or there is a leak and probably a pretty big one for continuous run pump. Water will show up somewhere. If pump only runs for seconds after faucet shut off - that is normal.

Thanks for the responses. Here is an update. Yes, the pump was sending water from the freshwater tank. The pump kept running after two showers for a surprisingly long time but did eventually stop. So I guess maybe it just took that long to re-pressurize. My remaining question is this. Can we get a mix of city water and pumped water at the same time (for the best pressure), or is it just an either or option?

handyman1943 11-26-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2838637)
Thanks for the responses. Here is an update. Yes, the pump was sending water from the freshwater tank. The pump kept running after two showers for a surprisingly long time but did eventually stop. So I guess maybe it just took that long to re-pressurize. My remaining question is this. Can we get a mix of city water and pumped water at the same time (for the best pressure), or is it just an either or option?

We have done this many times over the years. Whenever we are staying at a site that has low water pressure, I make sure that our tank is full and turn on the pump giving us increased pressure and flow.

sbleiweiss 11-27-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyman1943 (Post 2839870)
We have done this many times over the years. Whenever we are staying at a site that has low water pressure, I make sure that our tank is full and turn on the pump giving us increased pressure and flow.

So Handyman, is it sending water from both the city water and tank at the same time to get the increased pressure?

handyman1943 11-30-2015 03:30 PM

I believe that both are being used. I have a small pressure tank (2 gallon) in my system and my pump doesn't cycle nearly as much when I am also using city water. Another indication is the fill cycle time on our washing machine -- much shorter when using both systems at the same time.

sbleiweiss 12-01-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyman1943 (Post 2844637)
I believe that both are being used. I have a small pressure tank (2 gallon) in my system and my pump doesn't cycle nearly as much when I am also using city water. Another indication is the fill cycle time on our washing machine -- much shorter when using both systems at the same time.

Thanks Handyman. I think so too since it seems to generate more pressure. How did you get a pressure tank added to your system?

PattyP 12-03-2015 06:13 PM

question about the king bed in the KT, can you use regular king sheets and king mattress pad or it is a different size king in an RV versus our king bed at home? I just laid on it for a second and it felt pretty hard to me.

bigdaddy5120 12-03-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2848737)
question about the king bed in the KT, can you use regular king sheets and king mattress pad or it is a different size king in an RV versus our king bed at home? I just laid on it for a second and it felt pretty hard to me.

A RV king is smaller than a king home bed. You will have to buy a RV king pad and sheet.

PattyP 12-03-2015 06:36 PM

I was looking at that screw in thingee in the fridge door today at Camping World. Was wondering why it was on there? If it's not on there will the fridge door open on it's own while driving down the road? We have a class c and our fridge doesn't have any special device to keep fridge doors closed and we have no problem with doors opeing.

bigdaddy5120 12-03-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2848760)
I was looking at that screw in thingee in the fridge door today at Camping World. Was wondering why it was on there? If it's not on there will the fridge door open on it's own while driving down the road? We have a class c and our fridge doesn't have any special device to keep fridge doors closed and we have no problem with doors opeing.

Yes , the residential Fridge will come open while driving.You have have a lock for it.

PattyP 12-03-2015 06:52 PM

I have noticed this problem with the table leaf down by the window and the table having a clamp on the foot to hold it down. There is only 2 of us usually so, I didn't give it much thought, but that is a stupid design. Wonder if unhook clamp and turn table around so leaf isn't against the window? Will that work?

PattyP 12-03-2015 07:38 PM

so, did Thor get your coach fixed properly now? Was the main problem the large slide out and is yours a 2013? WE are looking at a 2015 used to buy. Trying to read up on any problems before we take the jump.

PattyP 12-03-2015 07:41 PM

do the pull down shades work better than the white accordion looking shades for the side front windows? With such big windows on this model I was wondering how hot it will be in there? We live in Florida and the summers are brutally hot.

KC 12-04-2015 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2848847)
do the pull down shades work better than the white accordion looking shades for the side front windows? With such big windows on this model I was wondering how hot it will be in there? We live in Florida and the summers are brutally hot.

Accordion front side shades donít work well, pull down is better!!!

KC

KC 12-04-2015 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2848788)
I have noticed this problem with the table leaf down by the window and the table having a clamp on the foot to hold it down. There is only 2 of us usually so, I didn't give it much thought, but that is a stupid design. Wonder if unhook clamp and turn table around so leaf isn't against the window? Will that work?

Our table had two leafs, one on each side. It is attached to the floor so It will not move around while you travel. We love the table set up, as we had some like it in our last MH.

Good luck!!

KC

Sanford 12-04-2015 05:09 AM

Yes. We have a 2016 KT, and they work better than the accordion shades we had in the previous unit. I believe they will be as cool. I would suggest adding an exterior windshield shade as well.

Sanford
Kt37

ctpres 12-04-2015 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2848737)

The mattress is 72x75 - very difficult but not impossible to find fitted sheets that fit.

PattyP 12-04-2015 10:33 AM

King Bed sheets

Where is the best place to buy the fitted king sheets for the Challenger KT bed? Anyone have any problems with this RV?

sbleiweiss 12-05-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2849397)
Where is the best place to buy the fitted king sheets for the Challenger KT bed? Anyone have any problems with this RV?

DW uses regular king sheets and just tucks more under. Gives much better choice of colors and fabrics for sheets, and no need to special order. It seems reading the forums that everyone has troubles with Challengers and all other brands too. We love the floorplan of the KT so much that we put up with whatever trouble, and again, unless you buy one of the custom built, million dollar MHs, other brands may have the same problems. And I'm only assuming the million dollar ones don't, I don't know for sure (and unfortunately, unlikely to find out).

ctpres 12-05-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2850592)
DW uses regular king sheets and just tucks more under. Gives much better choice of colors and fabrics for sheets, and no need to special order. It seems reading the forums that everyone has troubles with Challengers and all other brands too. We love the floorplan of the KT so much that we put up with whatever trouble, and again, unless you buy one of the custom built, million dollar MHs, other brands may have the same problems. And I'm only assuming the million dollar ones don't, I don't know for sure (and unfortunately, unlikely to find out).

Regular king sheets can work - that's what we have been using - but would like fitted. One source for 72x75 fitted RV and Truck Fitted Sheets Use drop down list in options section near bottom. Currently researching high thread count custom fitted higher quality sheet made in India for reasonable prices. If it pans out I will post info here. Some folks have used one or two sets of suspenders to pull up and hold excess under mattress.

Capone 12-05-2015 01:58 PM

Search Google for RV King size sheets. I currently use regular King sheets and it's just too much tucking, I will get RV sheets soon. I starting searching Google and found quite a few color choices at a decent price.

PattyP 12-06-2015 12:22 PM

thanks, everyone. We haven't taken possession yet of the KT with king bed yet. Soon I hope. Will look up king rv sheets on google. Need mattress pad too. don't like it when the sheets come off the corner or bunch up underneath me.

AKJohn 12-09-2015 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2848847)

I bought one of these windshield covers three years ago and am very happy with it. No need for a ladder to put in on/take it off. It has never come off even in the highest wind. It makes a huge difference in keeping the temperature down on those sunny days.

RV Sunscreen | Our Sunscreens, Shades and Covers

ctpres 12-11-2015 06:16 AM

Another "A+" report on Thor

In earlier post I mentioned slide cable problem and decision to let CW fix it vs a DIY. So glad I did not DIY! Bad news CW is now at six week point and still not done. Good news - CW ordered cable (week five) - Thor upgraded order and sent complete slide rebuild kit that includes rollers and cable. CW Rapid Response team got involved this week so things should start to happen. If you have real problems with CW - try posting your problem here.
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camping World Service and Installation
Scheduled to chase 70 degrees in southern FL around the 18th sure hope CW done by then.

bigdaddy5120 12-11-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2857333)
In earlier post I mentioned slide cable problem and decision to let CW fix it vs a DIY. So glad I did not DIY! Bad news CW is now at six week point and still not done. Good news - CW ordered cable (week five) - Thor upgraded order and sent complete slide rebuild kit that includes rollers and cable. CW Rapid Response team got involved this week so things should start to happen. If you have real problems with CW - try posting your problem here.
Scheduled to chase 70 degrees in southern FL around the 18th sure hope CW done by then.

I warned you to stay away from CW. You won't have it by the 18th. The response team will only send it to the service manager of the CW you have it at , they are useless.

PattyP 12-12-2015 04:07 AM

Can you post a picture?

bdickson 12-12-2015 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKJohn (Post 2855078)
I bought one of these windshield covers three years ago and am very happy with it. No need for a ladder to put in on/take it off. It has never come off even in the highest wind. It makes a huge difference in keeping the temperature down on those sunny days.

RV Sunscreen | Our Sunscreens, Shades and Covers

John, when you ordered the sunscreen, did you have to provide them with measurements or just the make, model, year of the RV?

Demanda 12-13-2015 01:00 PM

Hi - we just pulled into a campground that has high water pressure. Do we need a water pressure regulator on a 2016 Challenger KT37? Thanks for any feedback!

Demanda from Delaware

bdickson 12-13-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demanda (Post 2860313)
Hi - we just pulled into a campground that has high water pressure. Do we need a water pressure regulator on a 2016 Challenger KT37? Thanks for any feedback!

Demanda from Delaware

A water pressure regulator is always a good idea. How high is the pressure at the campground?

bigben 12-13-2015 02:21 PM

X2 - Always need a water pressure regulator or wind up with blown out valves or seals in your coach. I leave mine on the water panel with a 90 degree elbow.

Demanda 12-14-2015 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 2860374)
A water pressure regulator is always a good idea. How high is the pressure at the campground?

The desk clerk doesn't know - it's printed on their hand out sheet that they have high pressure. We did as you suggested & got a pressure regulator. Thanks!

LyonsL 12-17-2015 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigben (Post 2860407)
X2 - Always need a water pressure regulator or wind up with blown out valves or seals in your coach. I leave mine on the water panel with a 90 degree elbow.

I also installed a pressure regulator on the water panel.

marcdohc 12-17-2015 05:20 PM

Wow! A beautiful 2016!

Hello everybody, I've been aa on and off member of these boards for about 5 years. We have had a 2004 Coachman 300 QB without slides since 2010 and owned 5 or 6 travel trailers before that. I first found the 37 KT floor plan about a year and a half ago and soon after that toured and drove one. It was a 2011 with six thousand miles on it and was in my budget. But after thinking about it long and hard decided it wasn't the right time. I then started to really appreciate the front end of the 2014. Well about a year later and I found myself online talking to CW in Savannah Georgia. They had a like new almost perfect condition 2014 KT with only six thousand miles on it. The salesman and sales manager swore up and down I'd love it and that it's almost flawless. My wife and I bought tickets flew down from Massachusetts with bags packed full of pillows blankets and everything we would need for the trip home. Unfortunately, they lied, it wasn't flawless or like new. We we're both heart broken and at the same time extremely pissed off. We rented a car and drove home. At the time it seemed like the worst thing that could have happened. But we're both glad it did, because it's what I needed to convince myself we belonged in a new one. I looked at all the colors and options and found exactly what I wanted at American RV in Grand Rapids Michigan. A 2016 37 Kt with the port paint job, lite cherry cabinets and theater seating. The upgraded cabinetry is beautiful and I really appreciate the extra gear in the transmission. My wife and I couldn't be happier with the way the transaction went. The staff was friendly and helpful and the place was immaculate, exactly how you would want and expect you're buying experience to go. After the four nights shakedown getting her home we have discovered a couple of issues. My closest Thor dealer is a cw. I believe it's been in their possession longer than it was in mine. I only had it in mine for about 6 days and they have now had it for 7. But we looking on the bright side, hopefully the kinks will be worked out and our 1 month in the keys trip this year will start many years of memories and good times in our new motorhome. This thread has been very helpful and has alerted me to issues that may come up and probably some that wont because of what I've learned. Thanks Macdohc

bigdaddy5120 12-17-2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 2865313)
I also installed a pressure regulator on the water panel.

I like this setup! Do you have a parts list for your setup ?

PattyP 12-18-2015 04:59 AM

What problems are you having with the new KT? We are picking up our 2015 KT today. It's used with 8,000 miles on it. I'm praying it all goes well. Our last 2 RV's have leaked, one used and one new.

LyonsL 12-18-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy5120 (Post 2865650)
I like this setup! Do you have a parts list for your setup ?

I bought the pressure regulator online but unfortunately our coach is in Florida and we just flew home for the holidays so I can't get that information at this time. I'll get back to you later with the information.

The "Y" & quick connect fittings were purchased at Lowe's & the 90 degree fittings & short water hoses were purchased at Walmart.

LyonsL 12-18-2015 07:56 AM

"Wow! A beautiful 2016!"

Congrats on your new 37KT! Hopefully all will go well for you. Use it as much as possible the first year and have as much repaired as possible under warranty. After that, do as many repairs as you can yourself and you'll be able to avoid the repair shops.

PattyP 12-19-2015 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 2866222)
"Wow! A beautiful 2016!"

Congrats on your new 37KT! Hopefully all will go well for you. Use it as much as possible the first year and have as much repaired as possible under warranty. After that, do as many repairs as you can yourself and you'll be able to avoid the repair shops.

Well we were at Camping World all day long and came home without it. I used the check off list on here during our long walk through and I noticed that fridge/freezer was not getting cold. After hours still not cold! So they ordered us a new one. It will be installed tomorrow. Also 2 extra dining table chairs were missing, they were under the bed a few weeks ago. Someone took them, so they are ordering them. We bought extended warranty since it is used 1 year old, it was sold as is.

sbleiweiss 12-19-2015 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2866066)
What problems are you having with the new KT? We are picking up our 2015 KT today. It's used with 8,000 miles on it. I'm praying it all goes well. Our last 2 RV's have leaked, one used and one new.

Good luck with it. On our 2014.5 KT purchased new the biggest problem was a suspension problem that blew through the front right tire within 15,000 miles. Ford was good about fixing it (I hope it is fixed at least). Started seeing flat spots all over the tire and got so bad we were stranded in Wyoming. Lucky to find a tire close enough to our size to limp home on. Still not sure to this day what caused it, but things that were done included greasing dry king pins, shimming king pins and an alignment and balance test.

As far as Thor issues, the factory failed to install a filter on the line to our water pump. The shower door does not fit right. One cabinet hinge has pulled out of the wood. Two roller shades have fallen off the wall. The heater element in the fireplace has needed replacing. The circuit board in the tank sensor thing on the wall needed replacing. Heat shield came loose over the exhaust pipe. One vent on roof came loose. Our roof TV antenna just broke on this trip west. And I'm probably forgetting something.

I've said this before here, it seems like a lot to go wrong if the factory had good QC. But in reading other forums it seems like the other manufacturers do the same sloppy work. So I blame the whole industry, not just Thor.

I hope yours in perfect, and keep it between the ditches.

PattyP 12-20-2015 04:27 AM

We got it home late yesterday afternoon and bolt on electric steps fell out on my driveway first time we put the steps out. Now steps won't go back in and stay in. I called our salesman who is super sweet and he is going to send someone out to fix it. They did give us a gift card to CW store for our inconvenience with the fridge.

KC 12-20-2015 11:18 AM

Having a good dealer is so important with any RV. With any RV manufacture you are going to have issues. MH is a home on wheels driving down our not so great roads/bridges. Things are going to break. Our Fridge broke on our maiden trip. They while it was being repaired we lost our deposit on the next weekend trip and our dealer gave us that money back.

KC

ctpres 12-21-2015 07:47 AM

The resume tap WOW!

If you missed reading about the cruise control "double tap" here is my take.
IT WORKS. What normally happens - your on CC and there is a steep overpass or hill coming up that you know will cause tranny to down shift, lockup the torque converter resulting the "scream" so you touch the CC off button or touch brakes to disable CC and foot your way over the top. Then go thru process of resetting CC to the desired speed. How the Tap Tap works. Same grade and time to disable CC - touch/tap RESUME one time and CC is asleep but not off. Near top touch/tap RESUME again and CC resume function will bring you back to speed. It is reported that not all Fords will respond so test yours. If it works you will use CC a lot more.

tedgard01 12-21-2015 05:23 PM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2869448)
If you missed reading about the cruise control "double tap" here is my take.

IT WORKS. What normally happens - your on CC and there is a steep overpass or hill coming up that you know will cause tranny to down shift, lockup the torque converter resulting the "scream" so you touch the CC off button or touch brakes to disable CC and foot your way over the top. Then go thru process of resetting CC to the desired speed. How the Tap Tap works. Same grade and time to disable CC - touch/tap RESUME one time and CC is asleep but not off. Near top touch/tap RESUME again and CC resume function will bring you back to speed. It is reported that not all Fords will respond so test yours. If it works you will use CC a lot more.

Yep, I do this all the time. It works great. I also use the Tow/Haul button along with CC. When you have the Tow/Haul button engaged the grade brake is also engaged. This makes several changes to the shifting program that I like;

1) The down shifting is retarded, and you can go up a lot of low grade hills without the constant down shifting that you would have experienced in the past. It seems to peak at around 3K RPM's for me. Therefore, I know when that may occur and simply push the Resume button to take control and prevent the downshift.
2) The grade break kicks in when on CC and you crest the hill and start packing up speed on a grade. Most of the time it will keep you at the speed you have set on CC. You will see a marked difference then when using CC only, you will find that with CC only, when going down hill you will far exceed the set speed, and you will need to use your breaks.
3) When coming to a stop, with the Tow/Haul button engaged, when you do a quick step on the break and release, it engages the grade break and will assist your stopping. This is really great when having to come to a quicker stop (or slow down) than you anticipated. One example is when a light changes and you are too close, a quick step on the break will engage the grade brake, then remains engaged as you push the break, assisting in a quicker and more controlled stop. I will sometimes even do a couple of quick break peddle pushes and releases, to make the grade break shift down even further, and assisting even more.

You may want to play with this technique in good road conditions to try it out and get familiar with it before needing it in an emergency stop.

Safe travels!

Ted

tedgard01 12-21-2015 05:35 PM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Let me know if I can answer any questions in regard to using the Tow/Haul button in combination with the CC.

bigdaddy5120 12-23-2015 10:51 AM

Has anybody changed the driver/passenger windows from the noisy single pane to the dual pane version on a 2014 ? Do you get these from THOR or a Vendor ?

PattyP 12-24-2015 05:09 AM

CW replaced our steps at no charge, since they broke the 1st day we got the RV. The 2015 steps that we had were discontinued and no parts available. My husband driving to and from CW yesterday says there is too much sway driving down the road. I tried walking in it and I was bumping into stuff. We had a class B and a class C before, and it wasn't this bad. Do all Class A feel like this? Or just ours?

ChallengerRN 12-24-2015 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2873245)
CW replaced our steps at no charge, since they broke the 1st day we got the RV. The 2015 steps that we had were discontinued and no parts available. My husband driving to and from CW yesterday says there is too much sway driving down the road. I tried walking in it and I was bumping into stuff. We had a class B and a class C before, and it wasn't this bad. Do all Class A feel like this? Or just ours?

Not sure if your coach is new or new to you? Didn't see a year in your profile. The swaying is not something that is in all Class A.

In traffic around large trucks on an interstate you will probably notice some movement. My first suggestion would be to check the air pressure in your tires. A maximum tire pressure will many times give you a darting or swaying issue.

Russell

bigdaddy5120 12-24-2015 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2873245)

Mine was also pretty bad until I completed the cheap handling fix it is 100 times better now , you find out out more information here : https://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/cheap...fix-72335.html

sbleiweiss 12-24-2015 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy5120 (Post 2872293)
Has anybody changed the driver/passenger windows from the noisy single pane to the dual pane version on a 2014 ? Do you get these from THOR or a Vendor ?

My 2014.5 came with the double pane windows. My earlier 2013 didn't. I can tell you it is a huge improvement in wind noise. Sorry I don't know the answer to the question you asked though. Good idea trying to change them out.

PattyP 12-25-2015 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChallengerRN (Post 2873251)
Not sure if your coach is new or new to you? Didn't see a year in your profile. The swaying is not something that is in all Class A.

In traffic around large trucks on an interstate you will probably notice some movement. My first suggestion would be to check the air pressure in your tires. A maximum tire pressure will many times give you a darting or swaying issue.

Russell

Ours is a 2015 and it was used and had 8000 miles on it. Previous owners took good care of it.

handyman1943 12-26-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2845771)
Thanks Handyman. I think so too since it seems to generate more pressure. How did you get a pressure tank added to your system?

I picked it up at Menards (about $25-$30). Added a tee just past the water pump. Was able to fit it in the compartment under the bathroom sink. Also added a shutoff valve inline after the tee and before the tank in case I don't want to use the tank or have to remove it.

ctpres 12-27-2015 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2857333)

OP Here with follow up report: At seven week point slide work still not done and we retrieved our KT from CW for our winter trip. Slide now operates a bit smoother. The woodwork I worried about looks good and windshield trim is back on to stay. Earlier installs relied on barbed bead locking into gasket. Whole thing now held in place with silicone. Work yet to be done - Thor decided to added more rollers and that work is scheduled when we get back in March.
The BIG unexpected problem with CW. They don't lock doors or basement compartments on customer owned rigs in for service. Over 260 rigs there and not one locked! So far we have not missed anything.
On way home from CW discovered radio/video system out, the same problem reported in many other threads. If yours dies just after wty - don't give up - Thor got a three month extension on the std 12 month. I am going to try for DIY replace. More on the project later.

ctpres 12-27-2015 12:02 PM

More mods fixes and upgrades

#73 One of our frameless windows was getting harder and harder to close. Opened OK but required much more effort to close. Finally figured out that small disc on window end of arm needed some lube. Still haven't figured out if it rotates or is fixed and just slides in the track. In any case I put a very small amount of silicone grease on a Q tip and applied to track at the disk on both sides of almost fully open window. Operated window several times full in and out. Now Zero effort required - amazing difference. Suspect that over time the track will need cleaning and a better dry type lube applied. Did same thing to all the other windows and virtually every one operated much easier.

KC 12-28-2015 08:08 PM

Did anyone watch Scorpion on CBS tonight, they were driving a Challenger.

KC

Sanford 12-29-2015 05:39 AM

Scorpion

Yes, saw that.
Sanford

sbleiweiss 12-29-2015 11:20 AM

Bathroom Exhaust Fan Problem

This morning the exhaust fan in the bathroom is dead. Does anyone know where the fuse or breaker is for this? Any other things to check? Thanks.

sbleiweiss 12-29-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2879581)
This morning the exhaust fan in the bathroom is dead. Does anyone know where the fuse or breaker is for this? Any other things to check? Thanks.

Follow up. The fuse box at the foot of the bed has 18 fuses numbered from 1 through 18. Does anyone know where an index is of what each one works? None was obviously blown while looking at them in place. After touching both connection ends of the wire up near the fan itself it started working again, so either a timing coincidence, or one of those connections is loose. I don't know which. Back in business for now.

ctpres 12-29-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2879644)
Follow up. The fuse box at the foot of the bed has 18 fuses numbered from 1 through 18. Does anyone know where an index is of what each one works? None was obviously blown while looking at them in place. After touching both connection ends of the wire up near the fan itself it started working again, so either a timing coincidence, or one of those connections is loose. I don't know which. Back in business for now.

Get some dielectric grease for your tool bag. Unplug wires to switch and put a very small amount on both switch pins - if either connector seemed to come off easy - LIGHTLY pinch end of connector to increase holding pressure. If it fails again unplug both switch wires and touch the connectors together eliminating switch. Might try a bit of squeezing on wire crimp on connectors where fan wires connect to main in ceiling. Need to remove fan shroud to do that.

marcdohc 12-31-2015 08:13 AM

Broom closet in a KT?

I am looking for a clever place to hide my broom in my KT. Has anyone come up with a clever easily accessible yet hidden place?

ctpres 12-31-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcdohc (Post 2882168)
I am looking for a clever place to hide my broom in my KT. Has anyone come up with a clever easily accessible yet hidden place?

Ditch full size broom and trade it in on a kids broom - typically about three foot long and a lot easier to hide or store.

PattyP 01-01-2016 10:37 AM

I stuck my broom behind the couch in a corner. It would not fit in closet in bedroom but the swifter and vacuum fits in bedroom closet.

bigdaddy5120 01-01-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcdohc (Post 2882168)

I bought this and store it under the bathroom sink.
Amazon.com: Camco 43623 Adjustable Broom and Dustpan: Automotive

Thor 37GT 01-03-2016 12:32 PM

Some food for thought about flat towing!!!

The first toad I had was a jeep wrangler tj 4wd and it was fine for a tow vehicle, but is not good for anything else but offroading not good for long trips or going to the store and they ride ruff. So I sold it!! My motorhome got 7 m/g towing the tj.

The second toad I bought was a 05 chevy Colorado reg. cab 4wd and it was good at everything the jeep was not good at. It towed just like the jeep was good on long trips and had a bed for what ever you wanted to hall and drives like a car. My mh got 7m/g towing this truck.

The one thing that I did not like about either of these vehicles was the amount of power it dragged from the engine on the mh when towing and I thought to myself this cant be right. The amount of the drag it is on the engine going up hills and in a head wind didn't seem right to me. So I thought what if is the 4wd on these vehicles that are the problem. That is a lot of differentials and drive shafts to be turning. sooo!!!

The third vehicle I bought was a 08 chevy Colorado 2wd reg. cab this is a lighter truck because of no 4wd and a 4 cylinder. I bought a remco drive shaft disconnect and installed it. I towed this truck behind my mh and got 7m/g. I thought it would do better on the gas millage but it is what it is.

Let me tell you what it did do it completely changed the overall power of the engine on the mf, a lot less down shift going up small hills, I could leave it in cruise for long periods of time, The engine had lot more power, at 70m/h it would down shift into 4th which is 2900 rpms instead of shifting into 3rd all the time at 3500 rpms. Going up big hills I could hold my speed at 70 m/h when it would shift into 3rd at 3500 rpms I could never do this before.

In closing my advise for a good tow vehicle would be a rear wheel drive car or truck with a remco drive shaft disconnect it wont save you on gas but it will save you on wear and tear on your mh and it is just easier to tow.

bigdaddy5120 01-03-2016 02:14 PM

outlet in front pass through compartment

Has anyone wired a wall outlet in the front pass through compartment ?I'm thinking about tapping into the outside outlet for power.Thoughts ?

Thanks
Bigdaddy51200