iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

Kluffinator 06-02-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mnoel (Post 5774776)
Why not just turn off the refrigerator?

I wish it were that simple. However on the Side by Side Whirlpool Model WRS321SDHZ05 refrigerator installed, that feature doesn't exist.

Kluffinator 06-02-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pointerman (Post 5775234)
Well, my brand new 2021 Challenger 37YT is gone. It was stolen from the lot of a paint shop early Saturday morning after I dropped it off on Friday to get a small paint chip repaired. They left it outside of their yard since it was too crowded and someone pulled up and left with it 8 minutes later.

Just sickened. It can't be replaced since there are none for sale and Thor has discontinued the floor plan. Heck, the way the floor plan was this year was a one year change to my knowledge so the odds of ever finding one used is pretty slim.

So frustrated. This floor plan was just perfect and because of a greedy shop that took work (I made an appt 3 weeks in advance) that apparently they couldn't handle; my RV is gone. I have had auto shops make we wait when they had more cars than they could pull into their garage at night. I sure wish they would have made me wait another month or so until they actually had room.

Oh my word, that is awful. I feel so bad for you. I hope you are able to get it recovered. Did you register it on the the FordPass app?. If so you may be able to locate it as the vehicles position gets recorded and you can see where it is parked on the map in the app.

Mnoel 06-02-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pointerman (Post 5775234)
Well, my brand new 2021 Challenger 37YT is gone. It was stolen from the lot of a paint shop early Saturday morning after I dropped it off on Friday to get a small paint chip repaired. They left it outside of their yard since it was too crowded and someone pulled up and left with it 8 minutes later.

Just sickened. It can't be replaced since there are none for sale and Thor has discontinued the floor plan. Heck, the way the floor plan was this year was a one year change to my knowledge so the odds of ever finding one used is pretty slim.

So frustrated. This floor plan was just perfect and because of a greedy shop that took work (I made an appt 3 weeks in advance) that apparently they couldn't handle; my RV is gone. I have had auto shops make we wait when they had more cars than they could pull into their garage at night. I sure wish they would have made me wait another month or so until they actually had room.

That is awful. I am soooo sorry!

Pointerman 06-02-2021 10:03 PM

No idea this existed. What is the data based on?

Kluffinator 06-03-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pointerman (Post 5776114)
No idea this existed. What is the data based on?

I'm not exactly sure on the data, I just know it works on mine. Plus, the app, if configured in the settings, can track your journeys. I think that you may be able to load the app and enter your vin number and get a result. However I also seem to remember that there was a step that you needed to be in the vehicle for the initial configuration.

However, since the vehicle does relay it's position to the app it may worth exploring this capability with Ford to see if they can assist in locating the vehicle.

Look at page 10 in the Ford owners manual that speaks about vehicles with a connectivity device.

Pointerman 06-03-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kluffinator (Post 5776635)
I'm not exactly sure on the data, I just know it works on mine. Plus, the app, if configured in the settings, can track your journeys. I think that you may be able to load the app and enter your vin number and get a result. However I also seem to remember that there was a step that you needed to be in the vehicle for the initial configuration.

However, since the vehicle does relay it's position to the app it may worth exploring this capability with Ford to see if they can assist in locating the vehicle.

Look at page 10 in the Ford owners manual that speaks about vehicles with a connectivity device.

Downloaded the app and it looks like the trip is tracked using your phone's GPS system using an app.

Kluffinator 06-03-2021 01:24 PM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

1 Attachment(s)
The trip might be but the location comes from the vehicle.

Are you seeing other data such as oil life, odometer and miles remaining of fuel?

If so then the vehicle is sending data to the cloud. And if so then click on the map icon. You will have needed to have added the vehicle using the vin number into the app.
Attachment 330662

We Be Gone 06-03-2021 01:32 PM

Persky 1 Nice building. What are the dimensions and the door sizes? What was the installed cost? Thanks

Pesky1 06-03-2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by We Be Gone (Post 5776858)
Persky 1 Nice building. What are the dimensions and the door sizes? What was the installed cost? Thanks

Thanks! Size is 24x48 with 16 foot walls. I have a separate heated shop so only needed a place to store the coach and my 6x12 covered trailer. Both fit nicely with slides open and room to walk around. Main door is 14x14, and a standard is 3 foot. 4 sliding windows and has a 5 inch concrete slab. I ran my own electric and added a 100 amp panel to feed a 50 amp plug. It is not insulated but has 6 - 10k lumen shop lights and is nice and bright in there. My cost last summer, before the cost of everything went up, was $41k. It wasnít cheap, but I am so very happy with it!

bsheet2 06-03-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kluffinator (Post 5775329)
I wish it were that simple. However on the Side by Side Whirlpool Model WRS321SDHZ05 refrigerator installed, that feature doesn't exist.

I think we have that same fridge. Hold the right two buttons down at the same time. It will count down then message that cooling is off.

Kluffinator 06-03-2021 09:41 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. The touch pad on my refrigerator are from left to right Freezer Temp, Light, Ice Type, Lock, Refrigerator Temp.

I tried the two right as suggested and the two temp indicators ran back and forth but that was it. Then I tried holding two temp touch pads and the refrigerator seems to reboot.

But neither combination turned it off.

Iíll just throw the breaker. Itís not that big a deal. Just lazy.

Pointerman 06-04-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kluffinator (Post 5776847)
The trip might be but the location comes from the vehicle.

Are you seeing other data such as oil life, odometer and miles remaining of fuel?

If so then the vehicle is sending data to the cloud. And if so then click on the map icon. You will have needed to have added the vehicle using the vin number into the app.
Attachment 330662

I called Ford. Vehicle location is not available through their tools. Just maintenance items. Oh well...

Kluffinator 06-04-2021 02:11 PM

Did you happen to put a SIM card in the Winegard or activate the SIM card that came with it. If so it might have pinged the closest cell towers at the point it was last turned off The thieves may not know to turn off the master battery switch. In which case the winegard might still be broadcasting.

Pointerman 06-04-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kluffinator (Post 5778428)
Did you happen to put a SIM card in the Winegard or activate the SIM card that came with it. If so it might have pinged the closest cell towers at the point it was last turned off The thieves may not know to turn off the master battery switch. In which case the winegard might still be broadcasting.

I did not. Seemed like a fairly worthless piece of equipment given my cell phone's ability to create a hot spot. I have all of the manuals. Is the SIM card that came in the unit noted in the manuals or do you have to go on the roof to look at the number?

Kluffinator 06-05-2021 07:31 AM

If you had installed the winegard app then you could take the IMEI number from that. If you were logged in to the winegard. Iím guessing the O&M manuals might also have the IMEI printed out. However you can get the serial number of the winegard from the data sheet on the Thor owners resource website. Maybe you could then reach out to winegard and see if they have the IMEI number for the SIM card correlating to that serial number.
Or you might be able to activate the unit by subscribing to the winegard data plan do just enough time to locate the Coach.

I plugged a Verizon card into mine. It was only $10 a month to attach it to
My cell phone plan.

bigdaddy5120 06-06-2021 11:29 AM

what options are there for window shades the odd shaped driver and passenger window in 2014 challenger ?

sbleiweiss 06-07-2021 08:58 AM

We used the OEM shades, but cut them to better fit window.

bigdaddy5120 06-07-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 5781539)
We used the OEM shades, but cut them to better fit window.

2014.5 has different windows and shades than the 2014 .

Webman9113 06-07-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy5120 (Post 5781603)

We have a 2014.5 - we replaced the OEM blinds with roller blinds that fit perfectly into the valence above the windows. Thereís a gap of an inch or so at the rear of the window that it doesnít cover, but otherwise works perfectly and is also easy to pull partway down while driving.

sbleiweiss 06-08-2021 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy5120 (Post 5781603)

Oh.

Kluffinator 06-22-2021 04:01 PM

Pointer man,

Any word on your stolen RV?

Pointerman 06-23-2021 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kluffinator (Post 5801808)
Pointer man,

Any word on your stolen RV?

No. Pretty sure it is gone forever. Shopping for next coach. May go used diesel.

bsheet2 06-27-2021 05:53 AM

F53 Maintenance

Finding someone to work on the Ford F53 engine and chasse portion of the RV is a challenge. I live in Houston and there is not a Ford dealership in the entire Houston or Austin area that will work on my 2017 Challenger. I finally found a small place in the Woodlands (Woodlands Auto Care) that works on RV's. They have a lift area big enough for these big class A rigs.

Per owners manual the rear axel differential needed the oil changed at 24k miles if you tow in temps higher than 70 F. I needed that done. Plus coolant flush, brake fluid flush, check brake pads, new fan belt, etc. Normal maintenance. Costly!!! But at least there is comfort knowing things are in good shape.

bsheet2 06-27-2021 06:04 AM

Suspension Sway Bars and Shocks

Previously I had installed a Roadmaster steering stabilizer and Super Steer track bar on the rear. These items helped drivabilty some. But the the sway and rocking going around corners and hitting bumps just bothers me. Feels like it may tip over in turns. Plus the ride just feels harsh when hitting bumps. So I broke down and put the Roadmaster sway bars on the front and back. And I installed Komi shocks.

The sway bars are awesome! Should have done this long ago.

The Koni shocks seem to reduce some of the harshness. So better. Not great. But better.

Jrfuel 08-24-2021 03:10 PM

PLEASE HELP!!
I understand that this site has been going on since 2013 and truthfully I don’t want to read 250+ pages. I need help. We recently purchased a 2012 Challenger DT .... she decided that we wanted new furniture. So the wife removed the couch and dinette much to my surprise. Now we have a huge empty space that is elevated /raised. I have not pulled the carpet but I’m guessing it’s a subfloor that the couch and dinette set on...Has anyone ran into the same situation? I appreciate any help before I file for divorce ... lol

triplewide 08-25-2021 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrfuel (Post 5886574)
PLEASE HELP!!
I understand that this site has been going on since 2013 and truthfully I don’t want to read 250+ pages. I need help. We recently purchased a 2012 Challenger DT .... she decided that we wanted new furniture. So the wife removed the couch and dinette much to my surprise. Now we have a huge empty space that is elevated /raised. I have not pulled the carpet but I’m guessing it’s a subfloor that the couch and dinette set on...Has anyone ran into the same situation? I appreciate any help before I file for divorce ... lol

If the area you are inquiring about is in a slide out then it is the slide floor. Typically constructed of 1 1/2" tubing and OSB decking making about a 2" rise.

sbleiweiss 08-25-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrfuel (Post 5886574)
PLEASE HELP!!
I understand that this site has been going on since 2013 and truthfully I donít want to read 250+ pages. I need help. We recently purchased a 2012 Challenger DT .... she decided that we wanted new furniture. So the wife removed the couch and dinette much to my surprise. Now we have a huge empty space that is elevated /raised. I have not pulled the carpet but Iím guessing itís a subfloor that the couch and dinette set on...Has anyone ran into the same situation? I appreciate any help before I file for divorce ... lol

On my 2013 DT we had a free standing table and chairs, not a dinette. Also the table was not next to the couch. Is yours different? I agree about the slide floor comment.

Jrfuel 08-26-2021 03:59 AM

Mine has a 4 inch raised floor on the slide where the couch and dinette was that runs the total length of the slide. However it’s not straight across.... where the couch was it is 31”wide and where the dinette was it’s 46” wide. If I can figure out how to post a picture I will and it will help visualize....

Jrfuel 08-26-2021 04:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a couple of photos...

Jrfuel 08-26-2021 04:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a photo of someone elseís coach / dinette but this was the layout.

triplewide 08-26-2021 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrfuel (Post 5888739)
Mine has a 4 inch raised floor on the slide where the couch and dinette was that runs the total length of the slide. However itís not straight across.... where the couch was it is 31Ēwide and where the dinette was itís 46Ē wide. If I can figure out how to post a picture I will and it will help visualize....

The floor assembly is typically about 2" then add carpet and pad, you will be about 3". The offset in the slide floor is to accommodate the deeper dinette furniture.

If you pull up a small area of carpet, you will see what you have.

One place to buy replacement furniture is :

https://www.recpro.com/

Be careful securing replacement furniture. Screw length, type and placement are important for adequate hold down and to insure slide operation is not impaired.

Jrfuel 08-26-2021 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triplewide (Post 5888811)
The floor assembly is typically about 2" then add carpet and pad, you will be about 3". The offset in the slide floor is to accommodate the deeper dinette furniture.

If you pull up a small area of carpet, you will see what you have.

One place to buy replacement furniture is :

https://www.recpro.com/

Be careful securing replacement furniture. Screw length, type and placement are important for adequate hold down and to insure slide operation is not impaired.

Thanks for all the information.... Iíve been out of town and she is painting and as she said made some ď executive decisionsĒ ... lol. I will be back in town in the next couple of weeks. I will figure it out and then make a trip to Elkhart / Bristol Indiana.

Bakeryman 09-01-2021 11:24 AM

Furnace Ignitor and Awning power

2017 Thor Challenger 37YT.
Folks looking for some tips on two issues.
1. Furnace - I'm seeing the furnace when on battery power will work fine with all four battery charge lights showing full power. When down to 2 lights the furnace starts to blow air but won't ignite and will shut down. When full power or plugged in no issues. I just used for four days with all new 4 6 volt golf cart and motor battery purchased last week. I also have 500W solar. I'm not sure the battery lever indicators read correct-since new as they rarely go below 2 lights. When furnace won't light on battery all other functions work fine ie... residential fridge, TV's etc.. I'm thinking low battery won't light igniter ? even when other items work. Sail Switch - honestly not familiar with this. Would that issue be avoided with full power where it does work?

Trouble shooting ideas? Seems light low battery but my batteries seem to power everything else. Would replacing the igniter be good first step even though it works fine on full power. Thinking maybe its just worn out a little?

Awning. Power out works fine with good speed extending using the over the door switch. Trying to retract it with that switch it barely moves the owning in and sometimes not at all. Seems low on power. However when I use my Rapid Camp remote it works just fine both ways. I'm thinking maybe the Switch above the door my be the issue given Rapid Camp works fine.

Any experience with that and if switch...where to get one of those?

bsheet2 09-26-2021 03:56 PM

We also have a 2017 Challenger 37YT. Can't help with your questions. But FYI, our awning rolls in pretty slow as well. But it does always work using the button (so far).

bsheet2 09-26-2021 04:03 PM

Windshield Cracked!

Started washing my windshield yesterday. When I sprayed water on it to get started there was a pop and big crack happened. The morning sun was shining on the windshield. I guess the cool water from my water hose caused the crack.
Never would have guessed a windshield would crack like that!

bsheet2 09-26-2021 04:26 PM

Wiring Issue

2017 Challenger 37YT

Just sharing my experience with a recent wiring issue on my coach. When we were driving recently on a trip the power to our refrigerator went out. After trouble shooting I learned the following:
1) There are 3 or 4 power outlets wired in a daisy chain on that circuit. One of which powers the refrigerator. The other outlets power the tvs.
2) That circuit is fed via the inverter.
3) I confirmed power was coming out of the inverter. So the issue had to be in the daisy chained outlets or wiring itself.
4) You have to remove the gas stove to access the power outlet for the refrigerator. I was able to confirm there was no power coming to that outlet.
5) The first power outlet after the inverter is the one for the tv in the living room area. I found the wires to this outlet had come loose. That was the problem.
6) The way the wires connect to these outlets is very odd (in my opinion). It is not a good connection and can certainly be prone to failure due to vibration. In this particular outlet there are 3 wires trying to connect (one power in and 2 wires going on to other outlets) and they just did not fit in the mechanism. The power in wire had vibrated loose.

I was able to purchase a regular electrical wall box and plug like you would use in your home and replace the defective rv outlet thing. Now all is well. While I was at it I replaced the outlet behind the stove as well.

So....if you have power issues in these coaches, check the power outlets. Or, go ahead and replace that one for the tv. It looked to me that 2 wires probably work fine in those rv outlets. But 3 wires just did not fit and can vibrate out.

bsheet2 09-26-2021 04:36 PM

RV Park Power Issue

Ran in to a really odd power issue in an RV Park recently. When I was getting some stuff out of the basement storage in my coach I got an electrical shock when my arm rubbed up against the skin of the coach. I got my muti-meter out and sure enough the frame of the coach had an electrical current!!

At first I thought I must have a wiring short somewhere. After more trouble shooting I found the ground/neutral wires from the RV Park itself had about a 16 volt current in them! When I disconnected from shore power and the ran the generator all was fine.

We left this RV park. Have not ran into this issue before.

triplewide 09-27-2021 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsheet2 (Post 5928800)
Started washing my windshield yesterday. When I sprayed water on it to get started there was a pop and big crack happened. The morning sun was shining on the windshield. I guess the cool water from my water hose caused the crack.

A rock chip or any minor crack can cause this with rapid temperature change. Had a car in Utah years ago with a rock chip (birds eye), on the way to work one freezing morning, had defroster on. Made a right turn at a stop sign and the windshield cracked in half from driver's side to passenger side, "BAM". At first I thought someone had fired a shotgun at me. I was relieved that it was only the windshield.

Hit_the_Rhod 09-27-2021 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsheet2 (Post 5928800)

I suspect that you had a small rock chip somewhere along that crack, and the glass was stressed with the heat of the sun. Putting on the cold water was probably just the last thing needed to cause the stress to release; ie, the window to crack. . . .