iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

sbleiweiss 12-20-2014 11:00 AM

Update on sewer hoses left open and connected - We have been camping in Redwood City CA now for three weeks. Our experiment to leave the gray water tank open and connected to the sewer 24/7 seems to be a success. I have to dump much less frequently. We use a lot of water so the gray tank was our achilles heel. Now we can go 3-4 days between black water dumps and don't have to worry about how much gray water we generate either. As to the concern about the tank and sensors drying out and gunking up, I am not sure I understand the gunking up part. Sure, it will probably dry out, but it does that when the motorhome is parked in storage anyway. I don't know how much splashing there is in the tank, but I doubt that much even gets on the sensors. At least no detected problems so far. I am comfortable with the water from the 3 minute black water tank rinse to clear the sewer line, and the 37KT has a second gray tank for the washing machine too, so I also have that rinse available. Nice and soapy too.

camaromance 12-20-2014 11:27 AM

Can anyone tell me if the 2014 37kt came with a hot water heater bypass valve and where it is? I reviewed some previous posts and it looked like some have confused the filter bypass with the hot water bypass. I'm still using mine but plan to winterize after the Christmas holiday.

bigdaddy5120 12-20-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaromance (Post 2351280)
Can anyone tell me if the 2014 37kt came with a hot water heater bypass valve and where it is? I reviewed some previous posts and it looked like some have confused the filter bypass with the hot water bypass. I'm still using mine but plan to winterize after the Christmas holiday.

Mine is under the kitchen sink behind a removal able panel. Dumb place to put it .

bigdaddy5120 12-20-2014 12:24 PM

Jensen dash radio JRV212T , did your come with a remote ? I have one for TV's and outside radio but nothing for the dash. I found this JENSEN Credit Card Remote for JENSEN Heavy Duty Stereos

It says it will work. It would be nice to have this, so the wife can operate the radio while we are driving.

camaromance 12-20-2014 01:43 PM

Hey thanks. I'll look for it.

camaromance 12-20-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy5120 (Post 2351337)
Jensen dash radio JRV212T , did your come with a remote ? I have one for TV's and outside radio but nothing for the dash. I found this JENSEN Credit Card Remote for JENSEN Heavy Duty Stereos

It says it will work. It would be nice to have this, so the wife can operate the radio while we are driving.

I looked into getting that but, after talking with a Jensen rep, he said it would not work. I have the same radio as you.

okiefrank 12-20-2014 11:15 PM

I have the same radio in my 2013 GT37 and the remote I got on line works
fine..

ctpres 12-21-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy5120 (Post 2351337)
Jensen dash radio JRV212T , did your come with a remote ? I have one for TV's and outside radio but nothing for the dash. I found this JENSEN Credit Card Remote for JENSEN Heavy Duty Stereos

It says it will work. It would be nice to have this, so the wife can operate the radio while we are driving.

Yes - ours came with a credit card size remote. Number on the back "0507N01306" Rev A. Can post pic if it will help. BTW ours not same button configuration as one shown in link. Six rows of four buttons.

bigdaddy5120 12-21-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2352173)
Yes - ours came with a credit card size remote. Number on the back "0507N01306" Rev A. Can post pic if it will help. BTW ours not same button configuration as one shown in link. Six rows of four buttons.

Thanks , I have a email into ASA about the remote since I have been told on here that it won't/will work. If I don't get a response this week I will call them. The remote is only 16.00 but don't want to waste the money if it won't work.

bigdaddy5120 12-21-2014 05:57 PM

I have a Rand Mcnally 7 inch GPS and have been struggling to find a place to mount this thing where it doesn't obstruct my view in the mirrors or windshield.

Has anyone tried one of these mounts in one of the cup holders ? I am thinking putting it in the cub holder to the right of the pilot chair.
Amazon.com: Universal Vehicle Cup Holder Adapter w/ Suction Mount Surface & Adjustable Base for Arkon , Bracketron , Garmin , Skiva , Sunpak , Midland mounts & more to hold GPS / Smartphones / Tablets / Radar Detectors / MP3 Players & more: Cell Phon

Universal Vehicle Cup Holder Mount Adapter w/ 3.5″ 90mm Suction Mount Surface & Adjustable Base for All Standard Suction Mount such as Arkon ChargerCity Garmin Nuvi Magellan Roadmate TomTom XL XXL VIA Start GPS mounts & more to hold Smartphones

jclarkfork 12-21-2014 07:55 PM

Can anyone tell me the location of the Electrical breaker box for the coaches 110v electrical system on the 2013 Challenger 37KT? I am not close to the MOHO and need to tell the people watching it where they are located.
Tks

bigdaddy5120 12-22-2014 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jclarkfork (Post 2352907)
Can anyone tell me the location of the Electrical breaker box for the coaches 110v electrical system on the 2013 Challenger 37KT? I am not close to the MOHO and need to tell the people watching it where they are located.
Tks

On my 2014 it is on the right side if the bed frame .

ctpres 12-22-2014 08:16 AM

Rear gas fill hint
 
Small help to fueling - just discovered you can begin to see gas pump in rear view camera when it is right position for fueling.

jclarkfork 12-22-2014 09:30 AM

tks Bigdaddy


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.