iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

camaromance 03-07-2013 08:23 PM

I hear ya Don. That's what it's all about. Mine should be back next week from the final punch list. The dealer sent it out to the paint shop to have the clearcoat redone. Thor missed a strip of tape across the entire upper edge on each side of the coach. They only way I would accept it is if they reshot the entire motorhome. There is no way to feather the clearcoat in and make it look right. They agreed. Our first trip is April 16 -21 in PA near Ohiopyle. That's all have planned so far. As far as the LEDs, I didn't think they we're too bad in price considering what I paid for my globes. We like to camp near water so we can take canoe trips. I paddle and she takes pictures. When we get "home", I'll burn some beef on the grill and enjoy a couple of Dick Yuenglings finest. To me, there is no better way to enjoy life.

camaromance 03-07-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john109 (Post 1488262)
Jim I am with you on the Behr paint it is all I use now I buy the stuff with the primer in it. I did the inside of the house with it last year and love it. It goes on nice and cleans up well and is very durable. I have been shopping around for sprayers I had a wagner about 10 years back and was not impressed with it then. Which model do you use. I have been researching the graco magnum and it gets really good reviews also. Any info would be great.

John, mine was about ten years back as well. It was a cheaper model but seemed to do a decent enough job. That was back when I lived in Georgia. It was about 95* outside so I'm sure the paint was flowing well. The house I have now has siding. Yup, that was planned.:D

camaromance 03-07-2013 08:34 PM

John, when's your first trip planned?

john109 03-08-2013 03:18 AM

We are off to Foxboro for a weekend can't remember which weekend. but they have a dog weekend everyone brings there dogs and they have dog parades and all kinds of activities geared towards them. And it gives me a chance to drain all the pink stuff out of the RV. Memorial Day weekend we are going up to a state park in Salem, MA. its a new place for us it was an old fort from the 1700s. We have other plans also but I leave that up to the wife. She plans them and I drive its worked well so far. I got to tell you guys I am looking outside right now and we are getting buried again. I look at the RV and shake my head its killing me watching her taking the beatings of this winter. I wish I had a garage that would accomadate the RV. Come on retirement so I can move to a warmer climate.

Whatnobeer 03-08-2013 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1488488)
Looking at the link for LED's, I had no idea they were so expensive! I've had my awning out once and that was during the PDI. I'm hoping that I'll be able to bring it to the house Saturday so I can finish the install of the Crapper Flapper.

All the punch list items are in except for the spare table for in between the captains chairs so I'm hoping to bring it back to the dealer for a final visit. After that it's time to de-winterize it. Our first booked weekend is April 5th through the 7th for a local shake down and I can't wait.

After that we're booked for 10 additional weekends through the summer at a few PA State parks within a 2 hour ride. Then we have longer trips to Lake Ontario, a trip to Boston for the 4th of July, and our annual trek south over the Christmas week to Dauphin Island Alabama.

I love planning and routing our trips and with the bike, I route day trips that I plug into my Garmin GPS so when we get there I already know where we're headed during the day.

Coming back after a day ride I love starting the campfire and cooking dinner on it. Nothing crazy, just meat and potato's :D

I don't know where you're camped at good sir, but I'm grabbing the misses and some steaks and heading out your way. Just save some cold ones. :)

I also hope your "Crapper Flapper" doesn't take a dump on you. :rofl: I know, bad toilet humor. :eek:

DGShaffer 03-08-2013 05:18 AM

Jim... I love that photo on your About Me page. I'm a motor head from way back. To me, that's Art! I love nature but mechanical things get me going! When I die I want to come back as a blown 327!

I'm not sure where you are but it sounds like you're in driving distance to Stonewall Jackson Resort just to the south west of where your heading on your first trip. They have a campground called Briar Point and it has great access to the lake so you can canoe across the lake, go to the resort, get drunk, start paddling back, tip over, paddle some more, tip over, then go inside and dry off! Good times! There's also Raystown Lake Seven points campground in PA which has spots RIGHT on the lake! so you can paddle out right from your site.

John, sorry to hear about the snow, you've been getting hammered this year! We got about 3" here. My wife enjoy the changing of the seasons but would appreciate it to a lesser degree so we recently bought a small home in Tennessee just west of the Smokey mountains where we plan on retiring which should be within 10 years. Good luck today!

Ray, you're welcome out any time! Nothing better than drinking next to a fire, best when it's a little chilly outside.

camaromance 03-08-2013 06:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Don,

I built that in my garage. Its a blown and stroked 350. At 9 lbs of boost, it makes a ridiculous 730hp. I put it in a 1970.5 RS Camaro with a 4 speed. IMO, the best looking car ever made.

Its my toy and has a very high giggle factor.

I'll have to check those places out. I'll break the ice and suggest we all meet up this summer somwhere convienient to all. I think that would be outstanding.:cool:

Whatnobeer 03-08-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaromance (Post 1488839)
Don,

I built that in my garage. Its a blown and stroked 350. At 9 lbs of boost, it makes a ridiculous 730hp. I put it in a 1970.5 RS Camaro with a 4 speed. IMO, the best looking car ever made.

Its my toy and has a very high giggle factor.

I'll have to check those places out. I'll break the ice and suggest we all meet up this summer somwhere convienient to all. I think that would be outstanding.:cool:

Jimmy that is absolutely beautiful. :eek: That is definitely a looker. I'm more of a Corvette guy but I've owned my fair share of Camaros. :bow:

DGShaffer 03-08-2013 07:06 AM

Great looking car! Although I love classic muscle cars, I only gravitate towards two wheels.

I'd put that body style in my top 5 category!

I'm up for a campers weekend meet and greet!

camaromance 03-08-2013 07:28 AM

Thanks guys. I appreciate the compliments. I put a lot of time, money and bloody knuckles into that car. It was almost too far gone when I got it. But, I am proud to say, I did it all. Its not perfect but its mine.

Don, I checked out those campgrounds. We'll be staying at the Stonewall at least one weekend this year. That place looks amazing.

My vote is for PA for a meet and greet. Do the mid-atlantic campers have an annual get together? Looks like North Central PA would be central to most.

camaromance 03-08-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john109 (Post 1488731)
We are off to Foxboro for a weekend can't remember which weekend. but they have a dog weekend everyone brings there dogs and they have dog parades and all kinds of activities geared towards them. And it gives me a chance to drain all the pink stuff out of the RV. Memorial Day weekend we are going up to a state park in Salem, MA. its a new place for us it was an old fort from the 1700s. We have other plans also but I leave that up to the wife. She plans them and I drive its worked well so far. I got to tell you guys I am looking outside right now and we are getting buried again. I look at the RV and shake my head its killing me watching her taking the beatings of this winter. I wish I had a garage that would accomadate the RV. Come on retirement so I can move to a warmer climate.

John, I hear you guys are getting hammered again. What are you at, foot and a half now? We were supposed to get something like that down here and you were only getting a dusting. Wow, did they have that wrong. :blink:

john109 03-09-2013 03:59 AM

Hey guys Thanks for checking up on me all is well it has been a long winter. I have been reading the thread I think a get together would be great. Jim you bring the car and Don bring the bike and we can run 1/4 miles a few times. And the winner gets a crapper flapper mounted on a wooden trophy. :dance: I say first night is surf and turf you guys bring the steaks and I will bring the lobsta's. I "believe" I can make north cental PA in about 8 or 9 hrs. So if I ice them down they will last 12 hrs. Which is a good segway into my next mod I am thinking about putting in a quick disconnect into my propane line. So I can use my deep fryer/boiler pot it's pretty straight forward you just need to decide if you want it before or after the RV regulator. If your grill or cooker has its own regulator you can go before RV regulator. And if it doesn't go after the RV regulator.

Don got a question I was thinking about doing the floor register mod and wondered why you went with the 2x12's as opposed to 2x10's. I am going to Lowes today and was going too pick some up and just want to make sure I get the right ones.

DGShaffer 03-09-2013 05:04 AM

Since I'd win that race I'd like something other than my own Crapper Flapper as a prize:rofl:

I added an Extend-A-Stay to my propane loop. I use it for the Coleman grill and a portable campfire I use where ground fires aren't allowed.

I worked in Hudson Mass in the early 90's. Every Friday on my way home to Kingston NY I picked up foua Lobstas for around $3.00 a pound. One trip I brought back 2 dozen and had a bunch of friends over.

That's easy... I didn't know they made 2x10's :banghead:

camaromance 03-09-2013 05:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
John, I use a roadtrip grill by Coleman. It has its own regulator. I don't have a picture of the hookup but I got mine at the dealer when I got my class c and transferred it to my KT when we traded up. The only problem I've had is the regulator on the grill will sometimes freeze up if the humidity is high. Other than that, I've been using it for several years without issue. As you can see, the pot is boiling and ready for the lobsta. Actually, I was making salt taters that weekend.

I was looking at google maps and it seems Middletown, NY is central to both of us, go figure. Or we could just camp out in Don's driveway.