iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

jcullipher 01-20-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 2388929)
The bypass knobs in the wet bay are for the water filter.

Thanks to you and Camato5, a real ah-ha moment and makes perfect sense. Even though one gets 50# of manuals with these rigs, there is hardly anything relevant to electrical or plumbing. Nothing new though, thanks again.

Jimmy

camato5 01-21-2015 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcullipher (Post 2391169)
Thanks to you and Camato5, a real ah-ha moment and makes perfect sense. Even though one gets 50# of manuals with these rigs, there is hardly anything relevant to electrical or plumbing. Nothing new though, thanks again.

Jimmy

I hear ya jcullipher. I have one overhead cabinet full of manuals ha

TheMrB 01-21-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edit4ever (Post 2390750)
My wife and I are just starting to figure out which floorplan may work for us as we get ready to fulltime for a year while on a book tour. Unfortunately, there aren't any Challenger 37GT models in our area right now and I would love to see a pic of the kitchen/living area with the slides in. We think we like the floorplan, but wonder if you can get in the fridge during a quick pit stop??

We'll likely hit the big RV show in Pomona in April as we won't hit the road before November... but as you all know, once you start looking at options, you want to see everything now!! :)

Also, for those of you that own a 37GT, am I correct in seeing that a hole will need to be cut in the wall if we install a washer/dryer?? It says prepped for washer/dryer... but I think that just means water supply, waster pipe and electrical outlets??

Thanks everyone - these forums are awesome!!

Here is a link that show a quick video of the GT with the slides in. It's still a bit hard to tell if the frig can be opened.

We are picking ours up Friday and I can then answer for sure.

https://youtu.be/8RQKQXtC52E

edit4ever 01-21-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMrB (Post 2391659)
Here is a link that show a quick video of the GT with the slides in. It's still a bit hard to tell if the frig can be opened.

We are picking ours up Friday and I can then answer for sure.

https://youtu.be/8RQKQXtC52E

Awesome... thanks for the link. Hopefully you can grab a few pics once you take delivery... although, you'll have your hands full on that day!

ctpres 01-21-2015 07:16 PM

Challenger 25th birthday?

Challenger is or is very near 25 year production run. I can't find anything on when first one made but have found a 1992 for sale on Ebay. Does anyone know when first challenger was made?

LyonsL 01-21-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2392187)
Challenger is or is very near 25 year production run. I can't find anything on when first one made but have found a 1992 for sale on Ebay. Does anyone know when first challenger was made?

The first ones I could find were built in 1991. The M-270, M-290 & the M-310.
Check this site:
1991 Damon Corporation Price, 1991 Damon Corporation Values & 1991 Damon Corporation Specs | NADAguides

ctpres 01-22-2015 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 2392253)
The first ones I could find were built in 1991. The M-270, M-290 & the M-310.
Check this site:
1991 Damon Corporation Price, 1991 Damon Corporation Values & 1991 Damon Corporation Specs | NADAguides

That is probably the best we are going to get. Now we need to figure out how we can have a birthday party. Online or maybe even a real Challenger get together somewhere up north next summer. Special factory tour would be cool. I will see if I can get someone Thor interested.

LyonsL 01-22-2015 08:51 AM

Challenger Birthday Party

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2392669)
That is probably the best we are going to get. Now we need to figure out how we can have a birthday party. Online or maybe even a real Challenger get together somewhere up north next summer. Special factory tour would be cool. I will see if I can get someone Thor interested.

A Challenger get together sounds like a great idea! You can count us in! Maybe Thor would sponsor it and help with possible camping locations near the factories, etc.

Chief2600 01-22-2015 11:31 AM

Challenger owners

Hi everyone. Just joined the post. own a 2012 challenger 37dt bought new. floorplan is excellent. was reading some of the posts and have experienced some of the same issues. living in jersey:dance:

TheMrB 01-23-2015 07:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by edit4ever (Post 2391752)
Awesome... thanks for the link. Hopefully you can grab a few pics once you take delivery... although, you'll have your hands full on that day!

Here are some picture of the refrigerator with the slides in. As you can see, there is a couple of inches between the door and the counter when opening the door.

It was an interesting drive home in the dark, snow and ice with the first time driving a large MH. Didn't have any issues though, except for the drivers windshield wiper trying to jump off the windshield. While driving, the top of the wiper would go all of the way off the windshield. But while stopped at a light it worked normal.

Anyone seen anything like this.

edit4ever 01-24-2015 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMrB (Post 2394735)
Here are some picture of the refrigerator with the slides in. As you can see, there is a couple of inches between the door and the counter when opening the door.

It was an interesting drive home in the dark, snow and ice with the first time driving a large MH. Didn't have any issues though, except for the drivers windshield wiper trying to jump off the windshield. While driving, the top of the wiper would go all of the way off the windshield. But while stopped at a light it worked normal.

Anyone seen anything like this.

Thank you so much and I'm glad you made it home ok! I've wondered what that first drive would be like, but living in So Cal I won't have to worry about the snow and ice. I bet it felt good to park her.

Let us know how your first real shakedown goes! And thanks again for the pics... glad to know you can sneak into the fridge during a quick pit stop.

sbleiweiss 01-24-2015 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edit4ever (Post 2394985)
Thank you so much and I'm glad you made it home ok! I've wondered what that first drive would be like, but living in So Cal I won't have to worry about the snow and ice. I bet it felt good to park her.

Let us know how your first real shakedown goes! And thanks again for the pics... glad to know you can sneak into the fridge during a quick pit stop.

My wipers do the same thing (2014.5 KT). I recently posted asking whether anyone had found a way to adjust them, or to replace them with better wipers, but the only response I got was to treat the windshield with something like Rain X. Someone actually recommended another product like Rain X but I don't recal its name. I sure would like better wipers.

TheMrB 01-25-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2395256)
My wipers do the same thing (2014.5 KT). I recently posted asking whether anyone had found a way to adjust them, or to replace them with better wipers, but the only response I got was to treat the windshield with something like Rain X. Someone actually recommended another product like Rain X but I don't recal its name. I sure would like better wipers.

I looked at it some more and it appears the wiper arm, or the stud it goes on, is stripped. I can turn that arm a good bit by hand. The passenger side doesn't turn at all which I would think is normal.
One of my punch list items for sure.

ctpres 01-26-2015 05:28 PM

Roof SAT update

As Promised project update follows: Winegard Carryout G2 works as advertised. Our rooftop install is working great. We started off using Directv receiver from home. Since antenna installation default is Direct service - antenna setup was very easy. Initial loading of program and TV schedule was uneventful. Experienced some momentary signal fade as extremely heavy rains passed thru. Otherwise reception has been excellent. There are very short bursts of hunting as antenna changes from one satellite to another - but the "hunting" process was not even noticeable in the picture or audio. So far the only distraction has been 3AM antenna hunting after receiver went into sleep or standby mode as per factory default. I changed timer to eight hours as a test after Wineguard responded to my question about why it was hunting or making enough noise at night to wake me up. They said "turn off power to antenna." I did not like that solution as first time power on next day sequence is very lengthy while antenna starts satellite search from scratch. Very time consuming and noisy process if someone is sleeping late. Eight hours is maximum selection time before standby without selecting never. If eight hours doesn't work I will switch to never sleep. Twelve or even sixteen hours would be a nice option. Decided to switch to Dish service as they seem to be much more mobile or RV oriented - especially with the "pay as you go" program. Managed to find one of the few remaining VIP211K receivers and with one exception have been very happy with it. Switching antenna from Direct to Dish was a ten minute process. Remove antenna dome - change two dip switches - reinstall dome. So far the only problem has been that 211K has a fairly low HDMI output power level. Our Monoprice 2X4 hdmi splitter/switcher frequently gets stuck in a bad picture mode and picture quality is un-watchable when TV is turned on. If another TV is turned off or on picture is lost on other sets for a few seconds. These are problems we did not have with the older DTV receiver. Symptoms are pink or purple background and negative like image. Only solution so far has been to power switcher off and on and disconnect one of four connected TV's. Good feature with 211k is that it has it's own built-in OTA antenna input and tuner. Just scan for channels as you would on a TV and behold OTA channels show up on program guide and most channels display program content. Very handy - getting SAT and OTA program content on the same screen.