iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

Vinster30 01-26-2015 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First modification to the coach. Installed two RCA to HDMI converters and one more Monoprice switcher. Built a shelf for the Dish DVR receiver and covered to resemble the speaker bar. Can now have two different programs on any of the four TVs. Can also watch one show and record another. Here is a photo of the modified entertainment center.

ctpres 01-27-2015 07:17 AM

Looks great

1 Attachment(s)
Vinstr30 - now what you need is a way to control sat from bedroom. Two ways I am looking at. One is the IR wireless/radio systems by Radio shack, Jensen, Startech.com and others. But since we have HDMI to every TV I am thinking about trying the IR extenders that use the CEC channel in the HDMI cable. No power required and cost about twenty bucks. One in picture came from Ebay seller "usaokeba" for $16.99 (cheaper ones avail.) and free shipping. I should have one of each type on hand for testing in a week or so.

Vinster30 01-28-2015 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the Dish 625 DVR receiver with two UHF remotes. The second tuner UHF remote can be purchased for about $40. We watch most of our camping TV outside, the remote works great.

LyonsL 02-01-2015 09:25 PM

Replace the sofa with double recliner?

We are considering replacing the factory sofa in our 37KT with a double recliner with a center consol. Something similar to this:

Flexsteel 1262 Theater Seating - Theater Seating

Has anyone else done this and if so do you have any recommendations?

camato5 02-02-2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 2407607)
We are considering replacing the factory sofa in our 37KT with a double recliner with a center consol. Something similar to this:

As long as you don't need the sleeping space (if your present sofa has a sleeper) then I cant see a problem. You may want to check to see how the sofa is secured to the floor and be sure you can cover up those anchor points or use the same,
Good luck pretty recliners

sbleiweiss 02-02-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 2407607)

Nice look. I would make sure that there is room for the backs to recline fully. Might mean having to put recliners farther forward on floor, and that might mean a narrower opening when slides are in.

LyonsL 02-02-2015 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camato5 (Post 2407976)
As long as you don't need the sleeping space (if your present sofa has a sleeper) then I cant see a problem. You may want to check to see how the sofa is secured to the floor and be sure you can cover up those anchor points or use the same,
Good luck pretty recliners

Our present sofa does have a sleeper but we don't believe we will ever use it. We plan to live in our coach 5 or 6 months during the year and we're looking at ways to make it as comfortable as possible for the two of us. The double recliner does mount to the floor and it comes apart in smaller pieces to fit through a 22" door.

LyonsL 02-02-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2408029)
Nice look. I would make sure that there is room for the backs to recline fully. Might mean having to put recliners farther forward on floor, and that might mean a narrower opening when slides are in.

They're advertised as wall huggers and only sit 3" to 5-1/2" from the wall. It appears to have the same dimensions as our factory sofa so I don't believe there would be a problem. We're attending a rally in Goshen, IN in June so we might stop in Elkhart to check it out while we're there.

camato5 02-03-2015 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 2408899)
Our present sofa does have a sleeper but we don't believe we will ever use it. We plan to live in our coach 5 or 6 months during the year and we're looking at ways to make it as comfortable as possible for the two of us. The double recliner does mount to the floor and it comes apart in smaller pieces to fit through a 22" door.

Then I say go for it, Its your MH and I think that would be a neat and rare look. Good luck, Send pic IF you decide to install them.

rvbunz 02-03-2015 05:05 PM

LysonsL, May I ask what rally you are attending in June at Goshen?

LyonsL 02-03-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 2410251)
LysonsL, May I ask what rally you are attending in June at Goshen?

rvbunz, it's the Great Lakes Area Motor Coach Association annual rally. They're affiliated with FMCA. The rally is June 3 - June 7, 2015 at the Elkhart County 4-H Fairground. You can get more info here: GLAMARAMA RALLY

rvbunz 02-05-2015 07:43 PM

Rally

Thanks for the rally info

ctpres 02-06-2015 07:54 AM

Mother nature was playing yesterday

2 Attachment(s)
Pretty cool cloud formations right over our KT on the north end of lake Okeechobee, FL.

sbleiweiss 02-07-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2413876)
Pretty cool cloud formations right over our KT on the north end of lake Okeechobee, FL.

I'm so jealous. We are stuck back in cold Chicago with snow on the ground and the KT in a garage. No trip likely until heading to Long Island in May. We missed half of the winter on a California trip, but it wasn't enough!