iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

Chief2600 02-09-2015 01:16 PM

Can someone tell me if the awning on 2012 37dt challenger is adjustable. Unable to figure this one out.

rvbunz 02-10-2015 06:50 PM

You should be able to adjust. Look on the arms and you should see silver push tabs. While on a ladder, push the tab in and let the awning arm slide down. Be careful to place your hand as not to get caught as the arm slides down. I have mine adjusted to the lowest point. This gives me the biggest slope allow the most shade possible for this awning.

Hoegee 02-14-2015 11:30 AM

Planned reno for 2014 36fd

Have been thinking about adding macerator pumps, power cord reel, converting w/d space to pull out pantry, reworking bedroom cabinets to allow for full size queen. Will also be sanding and refishing all the ****** cabinetry.

Must say with all the poor workmanship we love the floor plan.

If we don't do our bedroom conversion any suggestions on where to find a non foam short queen.

ctpres 02-19-2015 12:25 PM

Thor Support

All to often we only hear bad news. How about this one: our video switcher/amplifier is failing. Two symptoms, turn on TV and no picture or pink tint background. Only way to fix is to turn switcher off and on until problem clears. Almost every time another TV is turned on same thing happens to both and same fix. PITA. Decided to try THOR website support. On Tuesday I reported good description of problem and requested a DIY replacement. Today I received this answer- "
We would be more than happy to send a new switcher to you. We will also send a UPS call tag via email to pick up the defective switcher.

We would expect 5-7 days to get the part to you."

Pretty hard to complain about that kind of service.

ctpres 02-19-2015 05:23 PM

Fire Extinguisher recall

Recent Challenger models probably have one of these. If your date code matches - filling out the form will get you a replacement. One for our early 2015 37KT is on the way. If you want to call - we used 855-283-7991.

https://kidde.inmar-event.com/Standar...?L=607&ac=&ar=

Kidde is urging people to check the 10-digit date code stamped on the side of the cylinder of the extinguisher. Date codes for recalled units manufactured in 2013 are "XXXX 20413 X" through "XXXX 36513 X." Recalled units in 2014 are "XXXX 00114 X" through "XXXX 28814 X."

Have a "safe & secure day" ctpres

ctpres 02-20-2015 07:41 AM

Do you have a kitchen night light?

Just found out the light over our kitchen sink has a double throw switch. Touch back end for full light, middle position is off and touch front end for night light. Still learning!

sbleiweiss 02-21-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2432888)
Just found out the light over our kitchen sink has a double throw switch. Touch back end for full light, middle position is off and touch front end for night light. Still learning!

We have that, but it's lower setting is still too bright for a nightlight (we think). the microwave has a low light setting too. But SWMBO still prefers to plug in an old fashion night light. Easier bulb to replace and can get ones that go on automatically with darkness.

ctpres 02-27-2015 07:41 AM

More mod's fixes and Upgrades

1 Attachment(s)
#54 Every time we have company - with everything being black they have a problem finding exit handle. Describing exit handle is equally difficult. Solution color it. I thought about different ways to change color and finally decided on 3/4" green heat shrink tubing. I now have enough for twenty or thirty Challengers with similar handles. If your near N. end of Lake Okeechobee, FL. stop by. It's free.

pfrost 03-03-2015 10:26 AM

ice maker water valve

Does anyone have a trick to get the drawer out so we can turn the water back on for the ice maker? It is located behind a drawer below the oven.
Thanks

rvbunz 03-03-2015 01:00 PM

pfrost, there should be tabs on the ends on the silver slides. One side you lift up and the other side pushes down, then the drawer will slide out. Call me if you can't figure it out @ 910-389-8865

LyonsL 03-03-2015 02:09 PM

Recalled Kidde Fire Extinguishers

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2432249)
Recent Challenger models probably have one of these. If your date code matches - filling out the form will get you a replacement. One for our early 2015 37KT is on the way. If you want to call - we used 855-283-7991.

Kidde Inmar-Recalls | Language selection

Have a "safe & secure day" ctpres

ctpres, thanks for the information! I checked mine and it's included in the recall. I filled out the online form and they are shipping a replacement to me.

sbleiweiss 03-04-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 2450319)
ctpres, thanks for the information! I checked mine and it's included in the recall. I filled out the online form and they are shipping a replacement to me.

No one ever accused me of being mechanical, but how do you disengage that black plastic strip the fire extinguisher sits in in order to get it out to read the serial number etc? I guess it is good I'm asking because of the recall and not needing it for a fire.Do I cut that thing?

TheMrB 03-04-2015 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2451221)
No one ever accused me of being mechanical, but how do you disengage that black plastic strip the fire extinguisher sits in in order to get it out to read the serial number etc? I guess it is good I'm asking because of the recall and not needing it for a fire.Do I cut that thing?

I actually wondered the same thing. I don't have access right now but looked at it a week or so ago when I first heard about the recall. I didn't want to try and force it thinking I would break the strap and then would have to find some other way of mounting the fire extinguisher.

LyonsL 03-04-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2451221)

Just pull the tab outward on the black strap. It's a snug fit but it should release without breaking.