iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

RVredneck 03-04-2015 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our challenger finally showed up to the dealer last week. I've been there 3 times to check it out. It looks like they listen to people's suggestions somewhat. The fridge has a decent locking mechanism on it. All the TVs are wired with HDMI. The bottom step is almost flush to the metal threshold.
Attachment 87763
Couple odd things. No gravity fill for water tank and there is 2 sewer connections. 1 for black and grey and another one for just grey. Could that be for washing machine??

TheMrB 03-05-2015 05:36 AM

I thought there was a gravity fill on the drivers side. There is a inlet there but maybe it's not gravity fill. Or the guy that did the walk through was wrong as to what that connection is for. Also, I guess they could have changed things. Sounds like the did if there is a separate black and grey tank connections. Ours is currently having PDI things done so I can't check.

AKJohn 03-05-2015 08:36 AM

My Challenger 36fd has two grey tanks and one black tank. I have two sewer connections. One connection is shared by the black and grey tanks in the center of the coach. Another separate connection is for the grey tank in the rear of the coach. The dealer thought the coach had two black tanks. Frankly I wasn't too impressed with the dealer orientation, it looked to me like it was his first time inside the coach. My low pressure water fill is on the passenger side behind a 6" x 6" locking door. So far the only time I've used the low pressure fill is when I'm disinfecting the water system. I use it to pour in the bleach/water mixture from a bucket. I had to get a funnel with a long hose to go into the fitting on the coach. I always fill the water tank with the high pressure water fill.

TheMrB 03-05-2015 08:55 AM

Yeah, that is what I was going to use the low pressure fill for also.

ctpres 03-05-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMrB (Post 2452402)
Yeah, that is what I was going to use the low pressure fill for also.

No need for the old style gravity water fill anymore. Use winterize position on multifunction water valve and suck right out of mixing container. Much easier.

TheMrB 03-05-2015 12:38 PM

Yes, for winterizing but for sanitizing you can't pull the solution in to the fresh water tank from what I've read.

ctpres 03-06-2015 08:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMrB (Post 2452723)
Yes, for winterizing but for sanitizing you can't pull the solution in to the fresh water tank from what I've read.

I have not got around to trying it yet. But this sure looks like it should work.

TheMrB 03-06-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2453767)
I have not got around to trying it yet. But this sure looks like it should work.

I saw that and it is what I based my statement on. I am thinking that the white areas of the picture are where water does not go when you have selected that setting. So for winterize/sanitize it appears like the water does not go to the tank. It goes to the red areas only. Like you I haven't tried it yet but probably will once it warms up enough here. I hope your right though. It would be easier to just stick a hose in a jug to sanitize also.

LyonsL 03-06-2015 10:39 AM

Sanitizing the fresh water tank & system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMrB (Post 2453836)
I saw that and it is what I based my statement on. I am thinking that the white areas of the picture are where water does not go when you have selected that setting. So for winterize/sanitize it appears like the water does not go to the tank. It goes to the red areas only. Like you I haven't tried it yet but probably will once it warms up enough here. I hope your right though. It would be easier to just stick a hose in a jug to sanitize also.

My previous coach did not have a gravity fill either. I hook up an empty water hose to the coach, pour a measured amount of bleach into the hose, connect the hose to an outside spigot of my house and then fill the fresh water tank as needed. (Of course you would do this without any water filters installed). Sanitizes the entire system with no problems.

sbleiweiss 03-07-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVredneck (Post 2452002)
Our challenger finally showed up to the dealer last week. I've been there 3 times to check it out. It looks like they listen to people's suggestions somewhat. The fridge has a decent locking mechanism on it. All the TVs are wired with HDMI. The bottom step is almost flush to the metal threshold.
Attachment 87763
Couple odd things. No gravity fill for water tank and there is 2 sewer connections. 1 for black and grey and another one for just grey. Could that be for washing machine??

Yes, front gray tank is washing machine only. I have tried and tried to get Thor or dealers to somehow connect the two gray tanks but with no luck. If you use the washer, the division makes no sense. I would love to redirect the kitchen sink into the front gray tank. The way Thor designed this makes sense for someone who doesn't put in a W/D, but is terrible for those that do. Such an inefficient use of 80 gallons of space.

ctpres 03-07-2015 10:32 AM

More mod's fixes and Upgrades

1 Attachment(s)
#55 Finally decided what to do with space under second entry step. Plenty of room for safe and roadside emergency tools. Just a little woodwork required to fit safe in. No bolts required as once all screws and step reinstalled there is no way to remove it without a lot of time and effort. Installation does not allow for complete opening of safe lid - but it opens far enough to access contents.

RVredneck 03-07-2015 07:26 PM

Finally picked up the KT and drive it home. The ride of the challenger is wayyy nicer than our old windsport. The dealer did a great job cleaning it up too. As we are packing it up for our trip south I've noticed a few things but nothing major. So far so good!!

RVredneck 03-07-2015 07:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 87987
Let the upgrades begin!!

ctpres 03-08-2015 08:19 AM

2015 37KT PDF Invenory

1 Attachment(s)
Started this PDF/searchable KT inventory. Basement bin numbers start with B1 - 1st one aft of door and go clockwise. Eventually I will add a lot of the stowed items. Might help those with newer versions. Created with Open Office as a spreadsheet and used PDF export feature. For example - time to winterize? Just search for word winterize. Easy!