iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

bdickson 03-12-2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshiny (Post 2462349)
We've had our 37GT for almost a year. and we love it, except for one thing. The footrest on the recliner on the end of the couch has a real problem. Trying to get the footrest to pop up when sitting on the couch is very difficult, almost impossible. When it does open up, and I want to close it, I have to sit on the floor and push it in with my feet, it's really that hard to get in. Then it pops back out whenever it wants to, sometimes when we're driving, sometimes for no reason at all. We've had Camping World "fix" it, and we recently took it to Thor. They said they changed the handle mechanism and it is operating the way it is supposed to. They didn't fix it, it still operates just like before. Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions? I told Thor I think it's going to hurt somebody popping out like that at any random time it wants to.

Ours did pretty much the same. Thor worked on it when I was at the factory, but eventually the lever jammed altogether (fortunately in the closed position). For now we are just using a standalone footstool. I'm thinking of replacing the couch with a Lazy Boy.

TheMrB 03-12-2015 08:13 PM

I have the same issue on our GT. I thought it was very strange. When I picked it up I mentioned at an issue and was told if yo bring your feet up to the center of the foot rest, about where the bead is or a bit above, and put it down it will stay. Seems strange and a bit awkward, but it does work. I don't recall an issue putting it up though.

okiefrank 03-12-2015 11:54 PM

We have a 37GT and the recliner is a piece of work,, get the foot rest up and really hard to get back in,, By the way check your vanity cabinet doors catches, ours came open while I was driving, broke the bottom hinge, the door came off breaking the mirror, I finally got another hinge, had the mirror replaced and put additional latch on both vanities.

okiefrank 03-13-2015 12:36 AM

Bruce how many miles have you put on your 2013,, we have just over 9000, still like the floor plan..

ctpres 03-13-2015 01:06 PM

More mod's fixes and Upgrades

1 Attachment(s)
Update to More mod's fixes and Upgrades page 113 post 1578. Final solution idea was provided by RV'n friend. Joyce was quick to suggest the spoon. All I had to do was find a suitable one. Looks great and everybody is happy.

bdickson 03-13-2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiefrank (Post 2462620)
Bruce how many miles have you put on your 2013,, we have just over 9000, still like the floor plan..

We have 12,000 on ours. There really isn't anything I don't like about it. I really do think the Challenger line is great value for money.

happycamperj 03-14-2015 08:06 AM

Modifying the wine rack in my Challenger 37gt

We really enjoy our new Challenger 37gt, but we think we could use the space in the kitchen cabinet where the built in wine rack is for additional storage. Has anybody removed the racks, and used the open space for a place to store things like bread, or cookies, or even utensils?

okiefrank 03-14-2015 11:18 PM

We haven't removed the wine rack yet, but my son is a cabinet maker and carpenter and he built roll out drawers in the space that was for the laundry, so the wine rack will probably be next.

Hoegee 03-15-2015 12:10 AM

Photo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiefrank (Post 2465133)
We haven't removed the wine rack yet, but my son is a cabinet maker and carpenter and he built roll out drawers in the space that was for the laundry, so the wine rack will probably be next.

Our next project after re doing the bedroom wardrobe to accomdate a regular queen in our 36fd.

Could you post a photo of your cabinet

Thanks

happycamperj 03-16-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiefrank (Post 2465133)

I was able to pull the front "facing" off of the wine rack cabinet, by pushing & tapping it from the back side. There is a small brad at each corner that holds it on. The cutouts where the bottom of the wine bottles would sit is held on by screws going through the underside of the cabinet. It looks like those may hold the wine glass holders on the underside of the cabinet, too. I did not remove that part because it could serve as a divider of he area. Could maybe put spice jars back there. A canister set could go in the front area, but would not be able to ride there in transit, unless a piece of wood was added on the front edge.

ctpres 03-24-2015 04:38 PM

Fresh air shortage

Our biggest design problem so far has been the new frameless windows and shortage of opening windows on street side. We run AC far more than necessary. So I am adding one more item to the "TO DO LIST." Unless I can figure out something better I am planning on one or two more ceiling vents. One in front and behind the existing airconditioners. With Fantastic fans in each, I figure we can get a big boost in air flow to make up for the whimpy openings in the frameless windows. Shame to waste the beautiful weather mother nature gives us.

sbleiweiss 03-25-2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2479244)
Our biggest design problem so far has been the new frameless windows and shortage of opening windows on street side. We run AC far more than necessary. So I am adding one more item to the "TO DO LIST." Unless I can figure out something better I am planning on one or two more ceiling vents. One in front and behind the existing airconditioners. With Fantastic fans in each, I figure we can get a big boost in air flow to make up for the whimpy openings in the frameless windows. Shame to waste the beautiful weather mother nature gives us.

Are you running the existing fantastic fan on medium or high speed? I think that has enough capacity to pull what the windows can allow in, at least when you don't have the screen door open. BTW, the pre-frameless window challengers didn't allow any more air in than the current ones, so your focus on the frameless windows is misplaced. I agree that it would be nice to have windows that open more; maybe more like the sliders at the front.

mikensallyt 03-30-2015 12:38 AM

wow nice floor vents. guess I will have to get two of them. I would prefer to block them up since we do have a heater/fireplace. tks/Mikey

ctpres 04-01-2015 03:31 PM

Recall Fire Extinguisher

Arrived today and installed. Note: it came with a new mounting bracket an additional metal strap. I opted to use the metal strap vs the plastic as I think it is more intuitive as to how it operates. Plan to use the old one as a demo at the next campground with a fire pit. Invite all neighbors and learn first hand how they work - without the emergency.