iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

camaromance 03-09-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1489795)
Since I'd win that race I'd like something other than my own Crapper Flapper as a prize:rofl:

I added an Extend-A-Stay to my propane loop. I use it for the Coleman grill and a portable campfire I use where ground fires aren't allowed.

I worked in Hudson Mass in the early 90's. Every Friday on my way home to Kingston NY I picked up foua Lobstas for around $3.00 a pound. One trip I brought back 2 dozen and had a bunch of friends over.

That's easy... I didn't know they made 2x10's :banghead:

Look at you, throwing down the smack already. You go practice falling down and I'll be over in a minute. Unfortunately, your probably right. 2 wheelers are in a different class all together, IF, you know how to ride. I've raced against bikes before. If I could get them on the launch, I'd get em all day long. Too funny....

DGShaffer 03-09-2013 06:17 AM

Middletown NY. Are you all packin? Cuz you might need to be there :hide:
Middletown is a rough place.

This place is kind of in the middle based on highway access
Skyway Camping Resort | Luxury New York RV Campground | (845) 647-5747

DGShaffer 03-09-2013 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by camaromance (Post 1489809)
Look at you, throwing down the smack already. You go practice falling down and I'll be over in a minute. Unfortunately, your probably right. 2 wheelers are in a different class all together, IF, you know how to ride. I've raced against bikes before. If I could get them on the launch, I'd get em all day long. Too funny....

I don't need practice. I was at the point not too long ago where I was test riding Can-ams and Trikes and told my wife that if I dropped it one more time I was adding a wheel. Here I am makin sparks at Deals Gap, TN.

camaromance 03-09-2013 06:54 AM

Other than the sparks, I don't see any light under your foot pegs. Don, that looks awesome. Your right, you need no practice. Head straight, looking past the turn, you have been riding for a while. I gave up bikes years ago. I'm not mature enough to own one. My problem is if I have it, I'll use it every time. And with the performance bikes have today, I run out of talent long before they run out of throttle. My wife was looking at the Can-ams a while ago. Maybe we should start looking at them again.

DGShaffer 03-09-2013 07:07 AM

That's my all time favorite critique when I see someone off in the shoulder. "They ran out of talent brfore they ran out turn".

I started on dirt at 12 and have been on the road since 16 and never without a bike. I've owned most brands, British, German, Jap, American and Italian. I'm the same way with speed and even do a track day at the beginning of each season. I spent 20 years riding Harley and BMW twins because I no longer trusted myself.

Then I bought that K1300GT with 160 BHP out of the box. My wife is usually with my and I've weelied past lines of cars, hit 140, and chased crotch rockets through the PA countryside for a day, she never says a word. She trusts my skills and judgment completely.

I'm on a Kawasaki ZG-1400 these days and although it's no Beemer, it gets up nicely.

You need to test ride a CAN-AM. I didn't like that at all! But, to each his own. Eventually I'll need an extra wheel but not yet anyway.

john109 03-09-2013 02:08 PM

Thats ironic I saw that same picture in a motorcycle ad come on Don are you sure thats you??? :D Hey what is that extend stay you are talking about? I will do a google search. I want to be able to bring the deep frier/boiler and not have to drag a 20 lb. bottle with me. My boiler has its own regulator on the hose.

bronk 03-09-2013 03:01 PM

Hello from KY!

We, too, have a Challenger, a 2011 3710 model. I noticed your postings and decided to jump in and introduce myself, since some of us have a lot in common, ie; motorcycles (sadly sold and that door closed after 30 years of riding). We have a ZO6 Vette which we enjoy taking to cruise-ins here in KY. Your mods that some of you have completed on your Challengers are interesting and very functional. We have 18,000 miles on our Challenger and have had minimal issues - generator leaked oil - fixed under warranty, and those da_ _ Lippert jacks - pump failed in the first month of ownership - replaced under warranty. Other that those 2 items, it has been pretty much trouble free. Since we live in KY, it is much easier for us to get back to the factory if necessary.

We are both originally from Maine and go back each summer. We also travel to FL during the Christmas break - my wife is a college professor, and she gets about 4 weeks off at this time. Next Friday we leave for Gulf Shores AL for a week (spring break).

I have really enjoyed your posts and think that a "meet and greet" is a great idea. I'll stay tuned.

Best wishes for safe travels! Bronk

john109 03-09-2013 03:29 PM

Nice to meet you Bronk. This could be quite a meeting. Imagine a park full of Challengers. :thumb: Hey who started this thread?? Don this is all your fault.. Don ordered my extend a stay set up from Amazon. Did you get your cross fires yet?

bdickson 03-09-2013 04:16 PM

Our new 2013 Challenger 37GT has a water filter container in the wet bay. I installed a charcoal filter, which filters out chlorine, lead etc. I am getting very low water pressure. Is there a particular filter cartridge I should be using?

camaromance 03-09-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1490327)
Our new 2013 Challenger 37GT has a water filter container in the wet bay. I installed a charcoal filter, which filters out chlorine, lead etc. I am getting very low water pressure. Is there a particular filter cartridge I should be using?

Sorry, Bruce. I'm still using the one that came with it. I don't think it was charcoal either. Which reminds me, I need to replace that for the upcoming season. As soon as I get mine back from the dealer, I'll take a look. You should have received a manual which could tell you what filter to use.

camaromance 03-09-2013 04:33 PM

Hey Bronk, nice to meet you. It was the lobsta's that Johns bringing, wasn't it. Yup, this "meet and greet" could be epic.

DGShaffer 03-09-2013 08:40 PM

Bronk, We've been to Gulf shores twice, once in Gulf shores itself, the last on the other side of Mobile bay on Dauphin Island. We're headed back there over this next Christmas week. I really enjoy the quiet side of the bay and it's just a ferry ride to get over to the east.

Bruce, Same here in that I know nothing about the filter type you're using but I have had a Culligan in line filter clog almost instantly for some reason. It took me a while to swap it out because it was new, as soon as I did the pressure went right back to normal. Maybe something happened to your cartridge?

I may have started this thread but you guys are to blame for keeping it going! :popcorn:

I relocated my rig back home to finish up a couple more items. Then I'm bringing it back to the dealer next Saturday for the completion of the punch list from the PDI. After that it's time to dewinterize! :dance:

I went to a shooting range with a couple of friends today. My wrists and shoulder are sore as hell. This is the first time in a long time that I handled weapons but it sure was a hoot!. I shot 100 rounds of skeet with a 20 gauge over under, 50 rounds through a 45 long single action revolver, 50 rounds through a Glock 40 cal, 50 through a Sig Sauer 357, 50 through a Ruger LCR 38 special revolver (that hurt!), and 50 through a Glock 45 ACP.

Anyone here shoot?

camaromance 03-09-2013 10:04 PM

Bruce, regarding your filter. If its the first time you have had water in your plumbing, it could be trash left in the system from construction that's clogging it up. You might consider just changing it out with a new one to see if it improves. It's actually a good thing your filter clogged. Otherwise, you would cleaning out all the aerators at your spigots. It could also ruin your automatic ice maker if you have one. There's really no good way to clean those out.

Don, my wife and I enjoy shooting. We have an Springfield XDM 9mm and a Mossberg 12 ga pump. I was in the Navy on subs for 22 years and I did a lot of shooting then. Now, I just shoot enough to stay proficient. There is an indoor range a couple of miles from my house. Speaking of hobbies, anyone play guitar?

camaromance 03-09-2013 10:38 PM

Don, I noticed your plate frame said "the dragon".

How did this guy take his video? Is he pulling a trailer?

Goldwing Dragon Slayer - Deals Gap US 129 North Carolina Tennessee - YouTube