iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

ctpres 06-06-2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 2590097)
Did you order these? Are they made of metal?

Ted

Have not ordered yet. No address long enough till we get to Sequim, WA for the summer. Shopping list is REALLY long and hinges are on the it.

ctpres 06-06-2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 2590113)
Someone asked about the passenger side windshield wiper flipping over to the driver side. It was some time ago, and I could not find the post.

Regardless, I had this happen as well. I just wanted to report that after this was "fixed" under warranty when on a trip at Albuquerque, NM, it happened again.

I took it in to be repaired this time and they said it is because of the mechanism within the engine compartment versus the outside wiper arm or those related parts.

Thor has stepped up and will replace the entire wiper mechanism this time, even though it is out of warranty by a couple of months.

Ted

You are not the first to report the same problem and second failure. Seems to me windshield wiper failures like this could end up in a recall! Time will tell

tedgard01 06-06-2015 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2590312)
You are not the first to report the same problem and second failure. Seems to me windshield wiper failures like this could end up in a recall! Time will tell

Yes. It is obvious thar they are totally under engender for the windshield, especially in wind and "driving" (pun intended) rain.

Ted

tedgard01 06-07-2015 02:33 PM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Engender.... WHAT, no one commented on that..... lol

Ted

ctpres 06-11-2015 02:44 PM

Windshield sun screen hint

Screen has built in stop to prevent lowering past a set point while in motion. If driving early or late in the day with low sun angles, a couple inches lower may be needed. While stopped with engine off lower shade to desired position and head on down the road without sun in your eyes.

tedgard01 06-12-2015 03:23 AM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2598970)
Screen has built in stop to prevent lowering past a set point while in motion. If driving early or late in the day with low sun angles, a couple inches lower may be needed. While stopped with engine off lower shade to desired position and head on down the road without sun in your eyes.

Don't let it get too low, I believe that there may be some states with legal requirements that could be impacted if it is blocking too much of the windshield.... At least I was told that....

I have glasses, so normal sunglasses just don't work, but I bought some of those sunglasses that wrap around your regular glasses for these times. That works well for me, in combination with the lowered shade.

Ted

handyman1943 06-12-2015 10:59 PM

I do like the sun shade bu still rely on my cap with a bill on it. I tend to get migraines when exposed to too much light and I can tilt the cap to the front or to the side to block the sun wherever it is.

ctpres 06-13-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyman1943 (Post 2601136)
I do like the sun shade bu still rely on my cap with a bill on it. I tend to get migraines when exposed to too much light and I can tilt the cap to the front or to the side to block the sun wherever it is.

Agree - I also wear duck bill cap when driving, but those of us with skin cancer must take EVERY action possible to stay out of sun.

ctpres 06-16-2015 06:49 PM

A Mod just waiting to happen

Was enjoying our super quiet RV park with the sound of ocean waves breaking on the beach. On couch looking up and saw holes at both ends of roller shade recess. Gee what can I do with those when lightning struck! Tissue box, grabbed one and sure enough it is just the right size to fit in the hole. All I need to do is fab a hinged or removeable shelf with dispenser sized hole to hold tissue box upside down in the hole. OK guys go for it, It's on my list.

tedgard01 06-16-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2606522)
Was enjoying our super quiet RV park with the sound of ocean waves breaking on the beach. On couch looking up and saw holes at both ends of roller shade recess. Gee what can I do with those when lightning struck! Tissue box, grabbed one and sure enough it is just the right size to fit in the hole. All I need to do is fab a hinged or removeable shelf with dispenser sized hole to hold tissue box upside down in the hole. OK guys go for it, It's on my list.

Pic please.

Ted

ctpres 06-18-2015 10:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 2606753)
Pic please.

Ted

One of my RV-n PITA's is "set-a-bouts" the things we get out of storage and put back every time we hit the road. I am always happy when I can get rid of one more. The space is deep enough for a full size box.

tedgard01 06-18-2015 09:08 PM

Thanks!

Ted

sbleiweiss 06-19-2015 07:19 PM

Who was it that had the wipers screw up recently. Just happened to us too. I would like to compare notes, especially about fix, and Thor warranty.

tedgard01 06-19-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 2590113)
Someone asked about the passenger side windshield wiper flipping over to the driver side. It was some time ago, and I could not find the post.

Regardless, I had this happen as well. I just wanted to report that after this was "fixed" under warranty when on a trip at Albuquerque, NM, it happened again.

I took it in to be repaired this time and they said it is because of the mechanism within the engine compartment versus the outside wiper arm or those related parts.

Thor has stepped up and will replace the entire wiper mechanism this time, even though it is out of warranty by a couple of months.

Ted

Here was my post... Is that what you wanted.

Ted