iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

ctpres 06-20-2015 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2611158)
Who was it that had the wipers screw up recently. Just happened to us too. I would like to compare notes, especially about fix, and Thor warranty.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor...ml#post2520875

Had it fixed (invoice says R/R wiper motor) at Total Value in Elkhart, IN under wty. Almost zero rain since so no way to know if really fixed or just another bad part waiting to fail.

sbleiweiss 06-21-2015 08:05 AM

Thanks Ted (and Ken). Mine is out of warranty too. I am waiting to hear back from Thor about whether they will fix it for me. Ted, has your fix held up to a strong rain storm since the fix? Was it also the "RR motor" that they replaced?

sbleiweiss 06-21-2015 08:16 AM

Sorry, meant to say Chuck, not Ken. Happy Fathers Day!

sbleiweiss 06-21-2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2590312)
You are not the first to report the same problem and second failure. Seems to me windshield wiper failures like this could end up in a recall! Time will tell

Have you guys reported it to the NTSB? Does the NTSB even deal with RVs? I would think so. Sure sounds like recall material to me.

ctpres 06-21-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2613138)
Have you guys reported it to the NTSB? Does the NTSB even deal with RVs? I would think so. Sure sounds like recall material to me.

Yes RV's are covered.
I did think about reporting to NTSB. Decided not to unless I hear Thor is not taking care of similar in and out of wty wiper problems. Considering number of RV's on the road by Thor, their recall's seem to be much lower than other major mfg's. If the small sample of IRV2 forum member failures and Thor's response is representative of all owners - then I think they are on top of the problem. Time will tell.

ctpres 06-21-2015 11:57 AM

Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2613222)
I did think about reporting to NTSB.

OPS think that should be NHTSA. Filing an individual report requires full name and personal information which can be supplied to mfg. Not sure how much detail Thor keeps on owners but I would think long and hard about filing if I still had any wty left.

mtm737 06-26-2015 09:36 AM

Road Logic

Just got our 2013 GT back from CW, nothing major, but lo and behold, now the night shades will not lower past the "road position" and the slides won't extend! Does anyone know if there's a road logic? I have depowered the coach, and held my mouth funny, all to no joy. Any thoughts? Thanks

tedgard01 06-27-2015 08:46 AM

Is your key in the on position?

Ted

mtm737 06-28-2015 07:56 AM

No, the key is off. I've depowered the coach, disconnected the battery terminals, put the drivers seat all the way forward. I'm confused. The coach just came back from CW cuz the dash fans weren't working. Now, If I could get CW to return my phone calls.

ctpres 06-28-2015 05:08 PM

More mod's fixes and Upgrades

1 Attachment(s)
#58 Since delivery the center bottom of the shower base - where it meets the floor would end up pushed in by feet bumping it, leaving a weird looking curve where it meets the floor. Solution: remove service port/cover in front - pull bottom edge of base back into position. Position small block of wood on floor - touching inside edge of base and screw to floor.

tedgard01 06-28-2015 05:09 PM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtm737 (Post 2624300)
No, the key is off. I've depowered the coach, disconnected the battery terminals, put the drivers seat all the way forward. I'm confused. The coach just came back from CW cuz the dash fans weren't working. Now, If I could get CW to return my phone calls.

Is it possible that your batteries are low? I had something like this happen, I ran the generator and the engine far a couple of hours and everything started working correctly again...

Also, one time I could not get the house batteries to charge, or keep their charge. The engine would start and so forth, but I was having real issues on the house side. Like I would get a low battery fault on the inverter.

I found out that there is a fuse in the house battery bay that had to be reset. It will be close to the house batteries, and in fact, it will have the battery cable connected to it and then the main wire coming out the other side going to the house.

It is a high amp fuse that flips when you have a significant voltage draw that may cause some damage. It may be hard to see, but if you follow the battery cable it will most likely be attached to the main frame of the chassis. Mine is attached on the inside of the frame, on the side of the frame that is under the coach, but it is easily reached. If looking in the bay, it is on the right side of the house batteries. The fuse looks like a small flat box, maybe an 1 1/2" or 2" square, but only about 1/2" thick.

On the bottom edge of the fuse is a toggle bar that you simply push up on it to reset the fuse. The switch is a flat piece that is almost the length of the box. I have to reach in, behind the chassis frame, feel for the fuse box connected to the battery cable, and then feel for the toggle bar and push up on it. Again, I can not see the fuse, I have to reach in and feel for it.

Obviously, you should turn off the generator and the motor of your coach before doing this. I don't think you can get shocked, but I don't really know that for sure, I can at least tell you that I did not get shocked when I did this. I did not have to disconnect the batteries or anything. Anyway, please be careful.

I hope that helps.

Ted

sbleiweiss 06-29-2015 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtm737 (Post 2624300)

If Ted's fuse idea doesn't solve the problem I would call Thor's technical customer service. they have been good about leading me to the source of problems like this (not this exact problem thankfully).

tedgard01 06-29-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2625057)
#58 Since delivery the center bottom of the shower base - where it meets the floor would end up pushed in by feet bumping it, leaving a weird looking curve where it meets the floor. Solution: remove service port/cover in front - pull bottom edge of base back into position. Position small block of wood on floor - touching inside edge of base and screw to floor.

Thanks for sharing. Mine don't seem to be causing an issue, but who knows what the future holds.

Ted

ctpres 06-29-2015 05:21 PM

More mod's fixes and Upgrades

3 Attachment(s)
#59 Pulled this item off old coach before trading her in. A'cond drip down side is always a problem. Just got our baby all cleaned up and shined only to see the A'cond pumping a steady flow of water down the side. Think narrow strip of awning from the roller tube. Picture one shows the piece inserted into street side awning track. Picture two attempts to show how flap stands out and away from side of coach. Picture three shows one end of my invention. Level coach with street side just a little lower. Install drip guard and slide it along awning track to spot where water is running down the side and done. If anyone replaces their awning - the old one will provide enough for several RV's. I had this one made at a flea market in RGV.