iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

Scarab0088 08-01-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2676151)
Everyone has a signature line below their messages except me. How do I program a sig. block?

The signature block is accessed in your User Control Panel. See:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/faq.php?f...atures_avatars

Or, post #3 here:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/add-a...ml#post1136013

And please notice posting an image to your signature block is a function added with Supporting Membership.

Thanks for contributing.

ctpres 08-01-2015 12:26 PM

More mod's fixes and Upgrades

3 Attachment(s)
#65 Continued: Posting pic of paintable vent temp installation. Note that whole vent is located within one color. Second pic shows relocated dryer outlet in it's new and useable location. Just cut right size hole - move outlet - existing wire plenty long and add snap on cover plate. Part of washer install involves figuring out how to drain both grey tanks at the same time during long term parking. Got lucky on this one. Since we use Sewer Solutions, it was as simple as adding a Y PVC coupling with hose adapter in the drain for the main tanks and a dump cap with hose fitting. Replace male hose end with female and done.

ctpres 08-01-2015 02:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
#66 Installing washer/dryer resulted in loss of half of pantry space and need to move things around. Up till now cabinets on either side of fireplace held seldom used items. Getting items from back was a problem. Solution - drawers. At a cost of about $50 per drawer delivered from:Kitchen shelves pull out sliding shelves from $12.95 cabinet accessories pullout shelf shelving ideas roll out shelfs and about 15 minutes per drawer to install - this goes down as an easy one.
Measuring drawer size is the critical part so do it several times and be sure to reduce width if edge of door does not fully clear the opening. Follow website instructions on how to measure. You will probably need to add vertical spacers so rails will mount in line with door opening. In my cabinets that was 3/4" on one side and 1-1/8" on the other. Look at pic #2 - top shelf just over top of white thing and you can see the top end of front and rear spacers.
In case you wonder why fireplace is on - we need it just about every morning to take the chill off here in Sequim, WA

tedgard01 08-01-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2676416)
#66 Installing washer/dryer resulted in loss of half of pantry space and need to move things around. Up till now cabinets on either side of fireplace held seldom used items. Getting items from back was a problem. Solution - drawers. At a cost of about $50 per drawer delivered from:Kitchen shelves pull out sliding shelves from $12.95 cabinet accessories pullout shelf shelving ideas roll out shelfs and about 15 minutes per drawer to install - this goes down as an easy one.

Measuring drawer size is the critical part so do it several times and be sure to reduce width if edge of door does not fully clear the opening. Follow website instructions on how to measure. You will probably need to add vertical spacers so rails will mount in line with door opening. In my cabinets that was 3/4" on one side and 1-1/8" on the other. Look at pic #2 - top shelf just over top of white thing and you can see the top end of front and rear spacers.

In case you wonder why fireplace is on - we need it just about every morning to take the chill off here in Sequim, WA

Very nice... I need to keep this link.

Ted

sbleiweiss 08-02-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2676151)
Everyone has a signature line below their messages except me. How do I program a sig. block?

I added a signature, and am posting this as a test to see if it took.

ctpres 08-04-2015 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
#67 When I installed washer dryer we not only lost half our pantry space but we lost a place to keep our keys. Decided next best place would be inside stairwell cabinet. Since one thing always leads to another I ended up relocating the drop down bunk controller. In it's original place it occupied over 1/3 of the bottom shelf. I simply trimmed the end and installed some paneling to cover exposed bare wood. To be sure I didn't put a screw thru the front of door I added a thin spacer behind key holder. And done. Time - under two hours, cost $0.00, new home for keys and more storage.

tedgard01 08-04-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2676258)
#65 Continued: Posting pic of paintable vent temp installation.....

That vent looks great!

Ted

sbleiweiss 08-05-2015 09:43 AM

Fireplace Update - Apparently it is our heater assembly that is bad. Dimplex is happy to send us a new one for $85. Anyone here installed one of these?

LyonsL 08-06-2015 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2682376)
Fireplace Update - Apparently it is our heater assembly that is bad. Dimplex is happy to send us a new one for $85. Anyone here installed one of these?

I haven't replaced the heater assembly but it should be an easy repair. Remove the front glass panel and then the 4 screws holding the fireplace into the cabinet. Slide the fireplace out of the cabinet and you should have easy access to open the cabinet and replace the heater assembly.

sbleiweiss 08-06-2015 04:09 PM

Where is the water pump located on the KT?

bigdaddy5120 08-06-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2684618)

On my 2014 it is under the bathroom sink cabinet. I'm not sure on a 2014.5 .

ctpres 08-06-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2684618)

On our 2015 KT it is in wet bay - right side mounted on bottom.

sbleiweiss 08-07-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2685027)
On our 2015 KT it is in wet bay - right side mounted on bottom.

Chuck: Do you have to take the panel off to get to it? My panel essentially stretches across the entire bay.

ctpres 08-07-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2685436)
Chuck: Do you have to take the panel off to get to it? My panel essentially stretches across the entire bay.

Nope - full width panel comes down maybe 2/3's and pump is in open space below panel. It is mounted on a small board that is screwed to rotocast floor of compartment. Can take pic later today if you like.