iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

sbleiweiss 08-07-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2685576)
Nope - full width panel comes down maybe 2/3's and pump is in open space below panel. It is mounted on a small board that is screwed to rotocast floor of compartment. Can take pic later today if you like.

Found it. Don't need pix. Where is filter and how do you take it out to clean it? Sorry to be asking so many dumb questions.

ctpres 08-07-2015 07:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2685825)
Found it. Don't need pix. Where is filter and how do you take it out to clean it? Sorry to be asking so many dumb questions.

My guess is you have two filters. One - the large whole house filter used to filter city water and a very small debris filter attached to the water pump inlet hose from fresh water tank. Have not followed plumbing lines yet but suspect tank water is also filtered by whole house filter.
Whole house filter is in the long white plastic cyl. in pic 1. Pump filter is very small object connected to pump at end of yellow thing in pic 2. Note: older pump filters have a clear bowl. Both filters unscrew. Large filter may need plastic wrench to remove, is not cleanable but can be removed for inspection and is replaceable. Small pump filter can easily be removed for cleaning and would not normally need to be replaced.

opcop 08-08-2015 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thortogo (Post 2659946)
So now two years later and three trips back to Thor we still have severe and super annoying noise from large slide while driving and going over the slightest bump in roads. Luv our 37 DT BUT that noise is not acceptable. At a loss at this point.

Hello Thortogo,
I have the same year and model coach and I experience the same noise from my driver's side large slide. Sounds like the rubber seals are rubbing against the box making a squeeking noise. I plan on buying a pair of inexpensive slide locks that sit on top of the box when closed. I had a pair on my old TT super slide to keep the box tight which worked great. I will try the same with this coach and see if the noise goes away. Just a thought.

Opcop

sbleiweiss 08-08-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2686410)
My guess is you have two filters. One - the large whole house filter used to filter city water and a very small debris filter attached to the water pump inlet hose from fresh water tank. Have not followed plumbing lines yet but suspect tank water is also filtered by whole house filter.
Whole house filter is in the long white plastic cyl. in pic 1. Pump filter is very small object connected to pump at end of yellow thing in pic 2. Note: older pump filters have a clear bowl. Both filters unscrew. Large filter may need plastic wrench to remove, is not cleanable but can be removed for inspection and is replaceable. Small pump filter can easily be removed for cleaning and would not normally need to be replaced.

I should have been clearer. I am talking about the pump filter. Thanks for the pix and the description. If I want to clean that filter (the manual says to do it regularly), what do I actually have to do? Do I have to somehow stop the water flow? Won't there be a big leak if I disconnect without doing something first?

ctpres 08-08-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2687283)
I should have been clearer. I am talking about the pump filter. Thanks for the pix and the description. If I want to clean that filter (the manual says to do it regularly), what do I actually have to do? Do I have to somehow stop the water flow? Won't there be a big leak if I disconnect without doing something first?

Pump has valve that prevents city water from flowing into tank so that should not be a problem. Water from fresh water tank will flow so you might need to temp install a plug -1/2" I think - or keep open end higher than water level in tank if possible. Filter is only for debris large enough to damage pump or prevent pump valves from sealing and is usually nothing more than a stainless screen. After the first time (learning how to) cleaning should only be a matter of seconds and water loss will be minimal. All I do in unscrew cap, remove filter and flush everything with water from outdoor shower.

sbleiweiss 08-08-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2687357)
Pump has valve that prevents city water from flowing into tank so that should not be a problem. Water from fresh water tank will flow so you might need to temp install a plug -1/2" I think - or keep open end higher than water level in tank if possible. Filter is only for debris large enough to damage pump or prevent pump valves from sealing and is usually nothing more than a stainless screen. After the first time (learning how to) cleaning should only be a matter of seconds and water loss will be minimal. All I do in unscrew cap, remove filter and flush everything with water from outdoor shower.

Mine looks different than yours. On the right side (where your yellow marker is, although I don't have that yellow marker) there is a similar looking line coming in, but it doesn't have the black valve looking thing that looks like it has the screw top. Is that the filter housing? And why wouldn't mine have it?

ctpres 08-08-2015 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2687455)
Mine looks different than yours. On the right side (where your yellow marker is, although I don't have that yellow marker) there is a similar looking line coming in, but it doesn't have the black valve looking thing that looks like it has the screw top. Is that the filter housing? And why wouldn't mine have it?

Yellow marker was just used to point at filter housing.

Screw top is the removable filter

Why you don't have one? Ask dealer or Thor. New one is only five or six bucks and really ought to be there to protect pump.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V2W0GE/...I1R6BO6H7PO3M0

sbleiweiss 08-08-2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2687633)
Yellow marker was just used to point at filter housing.

Screw top is the removable filter

Why you don't have one? Ask dealer or Thor. New one is only five or six bucks and really ought to be there to protect pump.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V2W0GE/...I1R6BO6H7PO3M0

Yours came standard witih the MH? I am thinking the factory screwed up and left it off of mine.

LyonsL 08-09-2015 07:09 AM

Interior Entry Light

3 Attachment(s)
At night, we don't usually use the overhead LED lights in the coach. That's not really a problem except when entering or leaving the coach. The entry steps are very dark and the inside door handle is hard to see. I wanted to install an interior LED light above the entry door and I found our perfect solution at Lowe's.

The Sylvania Motion Detecting LED light attaches with a magnet, is battery operated, very bright, has an adjustable "on" timer and has a photo optic cell so it only comes on when it senses motion and when it's dark. It's bright enough to light the entire stairway and door handle but not too bright to blind you.

After attaching a small round metal disc under the cabinet above the entry door with included adhesive & small screw, the light simply hangs onto the disc with it's built-in magnet. It seems like it won't stay on when attached but it's been road tested and hasn't fallen off!

I mounted the light so the motion detector is pointed towards the door. That way the light does not come on every time you walk past the doorway inside the coach but only when you go down the steps. When entering at night, it turns on as soon as you open the door. I have the "on" timer set at 10 seconds and that works for us.

tedgard01 08-09-2015 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 2688248)
... I wanted to install an interior LED light above the entry door and I found our perfect solution at Lowe's...

Thanks, that is nice! I am going to Lowe's to find one today!

Ted

ctpres 08-09-2015 10:10 AM

LyonsL - great find! I have been buying individual electronic parts to do same thing but like your find much better. Thank you.

Vinster30 08-09-2015 04:50 PM

The light is a great MOD. Will be doing the same. Thanks
:goodjob:

bigdaddy5120 08-09-2015 05:24 PM

@LyonsL - Thanks for great easy mod . I done this today ! :goodjob:

handyman1943 08-10-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 2688248)
At night, we don't usually use the overhead LED lights in the coach. That's not really a problem except when entering or leaving the coach. The entry steps are very dark and the inside door handle is hard to see. I wanted to install an interior LED light above the entry door and I found our perfect solution at Lowe's.

The Sylvania Motion Detecting LED light attaches with a magnet, is battery operated, very bright, has an adjustable "on" timer and has a photo optic cell so it only comes on when it senses motion and when it's dark. It's bright enough to light the entire stairway and door handle but not too bright to blind you.

After attaching a small round metal disc under the cabinet above the entry door with included adhesive & small screw, the light simply hangs onto the disc with it's built-in magnet. It seems like it won't stay on when attached but it's been road tested and hasn't fallen off!

I mounted the light so the motion detector is pointed towards the door. That way the light does not come on every time you walk past the doorway inside the coach but only when you go down the steps. When entering at night, it turns on as soon as you open the door. I have the "on" timer set at 10 seconds and that works for us.

Great idea, I will be doing the same. Thanks for the information.