iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

handyman1943 08-31-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2721860)
Several have had problem with cable breaking on big slide. Pictures looked like at least one was a failure of the compression process at external cable end fitting. Decided to make it part of my routine visual inspection. Guess what I found today? One or two strands broken at one fitting. Now to find a GGOD shop between NW WA and Houston and hope I can get it fixed before more fail.

Thanks for the information. I will check out my 2013 tomorrow! Will let you know what I find.

sbleiweiss 09-01-2015 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M72561 (Post 2722996)
I have a 2014 37KTt and over the weekend a few minor things happened.
#1 The auto leveler would not allow the rear jacks to go down, but manually I could put them down. Could this be a fuse somewhere.

#2 The shower door decided to stick really bad where it had to be lifted to close,is there a way to adjust the door.I pulled the trim off the top of the shower and accessed underneath but there was nothing there to adjust.

#3 A little water seeped from the seal under the toilet seat .I would be surprised if that seal only lasted 2 years.

#4 The screws that hold the electric awning cap on the ends are coming out and 1 is lost. I'm not sure if loctite will do any good or if I should just use a dab of silicone.

as always any comments would be appreciated

Wow, that's a tough weekend. I might not be calling these a few minor things. We have the same problem with the shower door. As far as we can tell after checking with dealers and the shower surround manufacturer, the only adjustment available involves loosening the entire surround; something we have not been willing to do after having a RV tech do a nice job caulking it.

M72561 09-02-2015 07:40 AM

Well, everything is fixed now.
i did call thor about the shower but I really wasn't buying their solution to the problem, so I was able to shim the hinge side up, re-caulked the plate on the inside of the shower where the door closed and everything is perfect.
I replaced the awning self tapping screws with larger ones and a little bit of lock-tite. The jacks are working fine now and i'm not sure if the toilet seal needs replacing because it is just a foam gasket. The water may have come from the shower door not closing .I did but a new foam gasket for the toilet and will replace it if necessary. We still love the coach and can deal with these minor issues

tedgard01 09-03-2015 04:14 AM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by M72561 (Post 2726254)

i did call thor about the shower but I really wasn't buying their solution to the problem, so I was able to shim the hinge side up, re-caulked the plate on the inside of the shower where the door closed and everything is perfect.

I replaced the awning self tapping screws with larger ones and a little bit of lock-tite. The jacks are working fine now and i'm not sure if the toilet seal needs replacing because it is just a foam gasket. The water may have come from the shower door not closing .I did but a new foam gasket for the toilet and will replace it if necessary. We still love the coach and can deal with these minor issues

Yep.... We love ours as well, but the RV life is one of expecting a few thing from time to time. Having a truck, a car, and a house on weeks in motion will result in something needing attention. Just the nature of the lifestyle.

Best of luck on the journey.

Musikboy 09-03-2015 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M72561 (Post 2726254)

We had the exact same problem in our 2013 Tuscany. We were able to remove the screw at the top of the shower door, take out the door, shim up the bottom with a few nylon washers, reassemble the door and it fits perfectly now. That required 2 hours of work, two of us had to work to get this done.

Thor gave us the name of the Shower Enclosure manufacturer, we called them and they told us to remove the entire shower assembly.

Shower Enclosures America 800-536-7324 ext 3110 Triko Mernia

Praxis Group is the shower door - 1322BN-1T part number

Don't bother when this happens to your shower door, you CAN get the top screw out but it's not easy.

sbleiweiss 09-03-2015 08:50 AM

Rear Ladders Breaking -
On our 2014 1/2 KT the rear ladder extends below the bottom of the vehicle. As such it has twice bottomed out when crossing from a road into a driveway with a larger than average dip. this time it broke the ladder. Has anyone found a fix for this? It needs a shorter ladder. This was a ridiculous design choice. Does anyone know of a ladder available that will fit the same brackets but is shorter? Alternatively I am thinking of just removing the broken ladder and leaving the brackets in place to cover the existing holes. Any thoughts on that? Thanks.

ctpres 09-03-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2727936)
Rear Ladders Breaking -
On our 2014 1/2 KT the rear ladder extends below the bottom of the vehicle. As such it has twice bottomed out when crossing from a road into a driveway with a larger than average dip. this time it broke the ladder. Has anyone found a fix for this? It needs a shorter ladder. This was a ridiculous design choice. Does anyone know of a ladder available that will fit the same brackets but is shorter? Alternatively I am thinking of just removing the broken ladder and leaving the brackets in place to cover the existing holes. Any thoughts on that? Thanks.

See post #1743 https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor...ml#post2584154

JohnG2013KT 09-04-2015 09:24 AM

Thermostat issue

We live on the edge of civilization .. here in Central Florida ... and from time to time lose power ... When this happens and the electricity finally comes back, the thermostats in the MH reset to 72 .. We normally keep them around 78-80 ... when the coach is not in use .. Does anyone know if there is an adjustment that can be made to the thermostat or is it time to invest in an upgrade?

sbleiweiss 09-05-2015 07:43 AM

Suspension and Tire Problem -

It has been a difficult trip. We have been noticing a strange and early wear issue on one front tire. On the trip home it has been getting worse to the point that we stopped at a truck tire repair place and had it checked out. They checked for things like a bad shock or steering knuckle, but found dry kingpins. They said this was causing the tire to bounce and tear up. They said we stopped just in time because it was already seperated and a blowout waiting to happen. they greased the kingpins but said they should be replaced, and sold us one new tire to limp home on.

I would be suspicious of the advice, except the place that diagnosed the kingpins and greased them seemed to know what they were talking about, and didn't charge me anything. The place that had one tire that would work wasn't the one that did any diagnosis.

But does this make sense, and who was supposed to grease these kingpins that I didn't even know existed?

Andrelapierr 09-06-2015 05:18 PM

My propane carbon monoxide detector went crazy and would not stop going off on Friday and when I pulled it I must have blown a fuse . Does anyone have a wiring diagram of a 2013 Thor challenger 37dt.? Right now my detector described above has no power as well as the level indicator and the outside radio( all 12 v ?) I checked all of the 12 v fuses on side of bed as well as the fuses under the hood. Anyone have an idea

bigdaddy5120 09-06-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrelapierr (Post 2732586)
My propane carbon monoxide detector went crazy and would not stop going off on Friday and when I pulled it I must have blown a fuse . Does anyone have a wiring diagram of a 2013 Thor challenger 37dt.? Right now my detector described above has no power as well as the level indicator and the outside radio( all 12 v ?) I checked all of the 12 v fuses on side of bed as well as the fuses under the hood. Anyone have an idea

There is also some fuses to the left of the brake peddle. I can't offer any other information on the fuses .

ctpres 09-06-2015 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrelapierr (Post 2732586)

Carefully pull any slack wire out from behind detector looking for fuse. Damon put fuse behind detector and I don'd know if Thor changed that.

gavaman 09-08-2015 03:48 PM

Grey water tanks

I have a 2016 challenger 37kt which has two 40 gallon grey water tanks. One for a wash machine which I don't have and the other is for the sinks/shower.
Is they a way to run a hose/tub of some sort to be able to use both tanks as one?

rvbunz 09-08-2015 06:21 PM

Grey Tanks

I don't think you can tie both tanks in together. Why would you want 80 gallons of grey water?