iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

sbleiweiss 09-26-2015 03:05 PM

Anyone been to Thor warranty work since it moved to Wakarusa? What can you tell me about it. We head there tomorrow for a Monday morning appointment. Are there enough spots for all appointments? Is there a lounge to spend time in while the MH is being worked on? Any restaurant recommendations in the area? thanks.

ctpres 09-26-2015 07:20 PM

We were one of the first to be serviced at the new facility. Lounge has TV, pretty fast wifi and seating for maybe a half dozen. We spent about five nights there and ate out at least once a day. Can't say any one place to eat was great. Every place we tried was good. Don't miss the factory tour. I was really disappointed in that no pictures allowed. Some GPS's don't like the address. We just put in a lower number and it worked OK. Once you get on the street it is at the end on the left side. Parking spaces slope quite a bit so getting level might not happen without front tires being in the air. Dump is in front corner and on a slope also. Let us know how the punch list turns out.

sbleiweiss 09-27-2015 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2760206)
We were one of the first to be serviced at the new facility. Lounge has TV, pretty fast wifi and seating for maybe a half dozen. We spent about five nights there and ate out at least once a day. Can't say any one place to eat was great. Every place we tried was good. Don't miss the factory tour. I was really disappointed in that no pictures allowed. Some GPS's don't like the address. We just put in a lower number and it worked OK. Once you get on the street it is at the end on the left side. Parking spaces slope quite a bit so getting level might not happen without front tires being in the air. Dump is in front corner and on a slope also. Let us know how the punch list turns out.

Thanks. Will do.

RichBirk 09-27-2015 01:14 PM

Theater Seating

Has anyone purchased a 2016 37KT? And if so, did you get the theater seating option. Wondering if it is worth it. I have a 2015 and would like to replace the couch, with perhaps the 2016 seating.

Sanford 09-28-2015 03:00 PM

2016 k37 seating

We are expecting delivery of our 2016 any day. We ordered the standard couch because we wanted the seat for three people with seat belts. Really like the theater seats as well.

Sanford
37kt

LyonsL 09-28-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichBirk (Post 2761090)
Has anyone purchased a 2016 37KT? And if so, did you get the theater seating option. Wondering if it is worth it. I have a 2015 and would like to replace the couch, with perhaps the 2016 seating.

We're also interested in that option. We were at the Thor Service Center recently but did not have the time to tour the factory. Any information on the theater seating would be greatly appreciated.

Thor 37GT 09-30-2015 04:38 PM

I have a 37GT that came with a couch, recliner/fold out bed it was a nice couch but not very comfortable, so I took it out and installed a couch made for a house with electric recliners and center cup holders plus it fits me Im 6'3". Sold the old couch on craigslist and paid for most of the new couch. If you do this make sure the couch will come apart and fit through the door.

sbleiweiss 10-01-2015 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor 37GT (Post 2765689)
I have a 37GT that came with a couch, recliner/fold out bed it was a nice couch but not very comfortable, so I took it out and installed a couch made for a house with electric recliners and center cup holders plus it fits me Im 6'3". Sold the old couch on craigslist and paid for most of the new couch. If you do this make sure the couch will come apart and fit through the door.

We restuffed the pillows on the couch that came with our KT. Bought the right size and firmness pillows at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It is much more comfortable now.

happycamperj 10-01-2015 08:25 AM

Quote:

Sounds like you didn't have to use a chain saw to get the old couch out the door! I want to do the same, but wondered if the couch would fold out and go through the door. Also wondering if the replacement couch was a Lazyboy or some other brand that the back would come off to help getting it in the door. I would appreciate seeing pictures of your new furnishings ! Thanks.

LyonsL 10-01-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

I would also be interested in photos, if possible, and any information on the make & model of the recliners.

Thor 37GT 10-01-2015 04:58 PM

All I did was measure the length width and height of the area (don't forget the curtains stick out away from the wall) and went to the local furniture dealer and told him what I was going to do (he had done this before to my luck). We measured a lot of couches until we found the one that would fit (it was the first one we looked at of course). It did come apart in several pieces 5 I believe. The color is a close match and is very comfortable. The dealer help me take it apart and get it in the MH (we had it delivered) then I did the rest. I did screw it to the floor and it is farther away from the wall so it will recline and miss the curtains. The old couch came apart in several pieces and out the door just fine. It does recline all the way and has a place for the remotes. I saw several of these type of couches at different furniture dealers. Hope this helps I sold the old couch for 750.00 and paid just under 1000.00 for the new one.

Thor 37GT 10-01-2015 05:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Still trying to figure out the forum. I hope the pics come this time!!!

sbleiweiss 10-02-2015 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor 37GT (Post 2767063)
Still trying to figure out the forum. I hope the pics come this time!!!

Yes, three pix. Very nice!

ctpres 10-02-2015 12:32 PM

Thor 37GT - question about seat height on your new couch. Did you do anything to compensate for slide floor height. Our slide floor is 4 inches above main floor. Everything I have looked at raises level of seat so high that entry exit seems like it would be a problem. BTW looks great and is exactly what I want to do.