iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

sbleiweiss 11-01-2015 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 2807084)
I have a 2016 challenger 37kt. I tried to get cable connected into my Motorhome but I was told there was a button I had to push in to switch from over the air tv to cable. Does anyone know where that button is? I had a 2006 Damon Daybreak that had it located by the tv but I can't find in anywhere in this unit. I have the normal crank up over the air antenna and a satellite connection but at this RV site I can't get satellite.
Where is this button?

On my 2014.5 it is in the small, long opening above the fireplace and below the TV. It looks like a DVR or cable box, but has a power button plus choices for each of the four TVs. On a 2013 it was in a cabinet above the passenger seat. Hope this helps.

gavaman 11-01-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanford (Post 2807513)
Look inside the lower right cabinet under the main tv. There is a connection there and a small button next to it. It has to be on for the top antenna to work, and off for cable.

Sanford
37 kt

Under my TV is a fireplace. Would it be around that?

gavaman 11-01-2015 09:16 AM

I will look there again,thanks

gavaman 11-01-2015 09:26 AM

Mine is doing the same thing with the white build up. I have the RV plugged into a 50amp
Connection. I also have a trickle charger on the house batteries. Could the trickle charger be the problem with the white build up?

gavaman 11-01-2015 09:31 AM

Mine doing the same thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2806429)
House Batteries Question - I am getting a build-up of white powdery stuff on the metal clamp that attaches the nylon strap that holds the two house batteries in place. I gather this means my batteries are overcharging (they are plugged into 50 amp in the garage). Don't Challengers have a smart charger that is supposed to avoid this?

I have mine plugged into a 50amp connection and a trickle charger on the house batteries. Could this be why, I don't need the trickle charger connected?

KC 11-01-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 2807084)
I have a 2016 challenger 37kt. I tried to get cable connected into my Motorhome but I was told there was a button I had to push in to switch from over the air tv to cable. Does anyone know where that button is? I had a 2006 Damon Daybreak that had it located by the tv but I can't find in anywhere in this unit. I have the normal crank up over the air antenna and a satellite connection but at this RV site I can't get satellite.
Where is this button?

In our 2015 KT, our button is in the lower right (cabinet on the floor bottom shelve) cabinet all the way in the back. Its not easy to get at.

KC

Sanford 11-01-2015 03:11 PM

Yes, in the cabinet to the right of the fireplace. It is small. Should be a green light when on.

sbleiweiss 11-02-2015 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC (Post 2807932)
In our 2015 KT, our button is in the lower right (cabinet on the floor bottom shelve) cabinet all the way in the back. Its not easy to get at.

KC

I'm confused by this thread. We have a 2014.5 KT which should be the same as 2015s. We have no button in rear of cabinet that I know of. At least not one that affects anything. My controls are on a freestanding box under the LR TV. It has a button for antenna, one for cable. Pushing the respective buttons on that box is all we need to do to switch between broadcast and cable.

sbleiweiss 11-02-2015 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 2807889)
Mine is doing the same thing with the white build up. I have the RV plugged into a 50amp
Connection. I also have a trickle charger on the house batteries. Could the trickle charger be the problem with the white build up?

My understanding is that plugged into 50 amp the batteries all charge. You don't need a trickle charger. Mine is not on a trickle charger other than whatever is built into the Challenger.

KC 11-02-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2809056)
I'm confused by this thread. We have a 2014.5 KT which should be the same as 2015s. We have no button in rear of cabinet that I know of. At least not one that affects anything. My controls are on a freestanding box under the LR TV. It has a button for antenna, one for cable. Pushing the respective buttons on that box is all we need to do to switch between broadcast and cable.

My unit is a 15.5 and its in the cabinet, and its a pain to get at, you have to lay on the floor to reach to the back to hit the switch. As we are going for a Sat system its not a big deal for us.

KC

gavaman 11-03-2015 12:18 PM

Button

[QUOTE=KC;2809083]My unit is a 15.5 and its in the cabinet, and its a pain to get at, you have to lay on the floor to reach to the back to hit the switch. As we are going for a Sat system its not a big deal for us.

I found it behind a panel that I had to remove four screws to get to it in the lower right cabinet. What a strange place to put it. I would have seen it without talking the panel off

Demanda 11-03-2015 02:59 PM

Hi - does anyone know where the controller for the large slide out is located on the Challenger KT? We've looked pretty much everywhere with no success. Our new toy is 3 hours old & the big slide doesn't open or close fully. Almost, but one side doesn't quite make it...

Thanks -

Demanda from Delaware

gavaman 11-03-2015 06:26 PM

Controller

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demanda (Post 2810866)
Hi - does anyone know where the controller for the large slide out is located on the Challenger KT? We've looked pretty much everywhere with no success. Our new toy is 3 hours old & the big slide doesn't open or close fully. Almost, but one side doesn't quite make it...

Thanks -

Demanda from Delaware

look above the drivers seat in the cabinet above, that's where mine is

bigben 11-04-2015 05:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I looked on our Challenger thread but didn't find any reference to a flip up Whirlpool refrig latch. One of the annoyances I've had is the goofy 4" screw latch. Over on the Palazzo thread I found the flip up one that works great. Here is some info:

1. Total Value RV has them , they ar part#0315479, $7.41 plus shipping.

2. There is a hex head screw at the left side of the cabinet (right hand hinge mount). So to mount the new latch in place of the goofy 4" long screw, remove the hex head screw, place the large hole over the empty screw hole and replace the hex head screw.

I went to the local hardware store and bought a #12 x3/4" round head machine screw. I used this in the other hole on the new handle and put it directly into the former hole for the aforementioned goofy 4" long screw.

3. Some pics