iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

ctpres 11-05-2015 03:26 PM

thanks bigben. Ordered one today.

LyonsL 11-05-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demanda (Post 2810866)
Hi - does anyone know where the controller for the large slide out is located on the Challenger KT? We've looked pretty much everywhere with no success. Our new toy is 3 hours old & the big slide doesn't open or close fully. Almost, but one side doesn't quite make it...

Thanks -
Demanda from Delaware

Demanda, what model year is your coach? In my 2015 37KT, the controller for the large slide is under the bed, at the foot of the bed on the right side.

bigben 11-06-2015 04:00 AM

ctpres - yep. Not sure who came up with the idea of long screw in latch. Probably costs a great deal less.

Sanford 11-06-2015 05:12 AM

Mine is a 2016. It is located in the cabinet directly above the drivers seat.

Sanford

LyonsL 11-06-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigben (Post 2812360)
I looked on our Challenger thread but didn't find any reference to a flip up Whirlpool refrig latch. One of the annoyances I've had is the goofy 4" screw latch. Over on the Palazzo thread I found the flip up one that works great.

bigben, good find and thanks for sharing. I'll be ordering one also.

Webman9113 11-06-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigben (Post 2812360)
I looked on our Challenger thread but didn't find any reference to a flip up Whirlpool refrig latch. One of the annoyances I've had is the goofy 4" screw latch. Over on the Palazzo thread I found the flip up one that works great. Here is some info:

1. Total Value RV has them , they ar part#0315479, $7.41 plus shipping.

Thanks for that! We've been using velcro. Just ordered one of these... :)

ctpres 11-09-2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2805835)
Took our one year old baby in to CW Katy TX for two final wty items: Slide cable broke for second time and windshield trim came out for third time. I could fix both but due to problems expected putting slide wood trim back on like new I decided to let CW try. Will let y'all know how it turns out. CW completion est 2-3 weeks.

UPDATE: One week in CW hands. Was promised a status report. Did not get one so called to check. Advised coach was put in service bay to check/confirm problems and report to Thor for approval and parts. Interesting - we have a cell GPS theft tracking system installed in our rig and guess what - it never moved since day we took it there????? Watch what you say CW - Big Brother is watching. Wonder what dash cam recorder will show when we get her back. I turn ours around and turn on the motion detector so it will record any in coach activity.

bigben 11-09-2015 05:50 PM

Gotta shout for my service team. CW they are not - thankfully. Jake Shell and his folks work with us and Thor to get to our problems resolved. A couple of issues he deferred to factory service and Thor agreed. Many thanks for not getting the CW shuffle.

KC 11-18-2015 11:26 AM

Has anyone add a Travler Sat dish to there challenger? We have a 37KT (late model 15) and have 4 TVís. I hope to use two receivers, one in the living room that would control everything but the bedroom TV, the other in the bedroom. Has anyone added one? Any photos? Thanks All!!!!

KC

ke3su 11-19-2015 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC (Post 2829900)
Has anyone add a Travler Sat dish to there challenger? We have a 37KT (late model 15) and have 4 TVís. I hope to use two receivers, one in the living room that would control everything but the bedroom TV, the other in the bedroom. Has anyone added one? Any photos? Thanks All!!!!

KC

Yes, I installed the travler on 2014.5 KT. The re-enforced pad is 18" behind the forward vent. I ran the cables into the entry way cabinet and then down the corner, boxed in the wires with wood trim. Came across the basement and followed the wire pack into the slide out. I use a dual TV receiver for Dish. The main TV is a HDMI cable. The other TV's are wired through the DVD port on the multi port device. All TV's can use the 1 receiver. The DVD player is wired direct to the main TV and not to the multi port device.

bigdaddy5120 11-19-2015 04:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I contacted THOR for drawings on my 2014 challenger , They sent the wrong ones. I think these are for the 2014.5/2015. Maybe some of you can use these.

Bigdaddy51200

ctpres 11-20-2015 06:30 AM

Thank you bigdaddy.

Rascal55 11-21-2015 10:05 AM

With all the talk of breaking cables over the last number of months, I should have been well warned. In mid Oct., the day before we left on our trip south, one of our "in" cables broke. The slide seemed to be catching on something and the cable snapped causing the slide to tilt back. I removed the molding and proceeded to inspect and then figure out what to do. The bolt attached to the cable was what broke. I was able to splice the broken bolt to a threaded rod using the long nut. This way we were able to get the slide pulled in. We decided to wait until we got to the Phoenix area to get the repair done as there are very few places in Manitoba to get repairs to Motor homes and we had no time to wait weeks for service. After arriving in Mes AZ, Joe from ASAP Mobile RV Service came, ordered a new cable and has now repaired the break and adjusted the tension on the cables. We're still not sure what caused the initial break, was it the poor tension or was the slide catching on something. The tension was so slack that when the slide was out the "in" cables were lying on the roof of the slide and vise/versa.This lack of any tension on the opposite cables did not seem right to me.
If there are any thoughts or ideas out in cyber land let me know. Until then I keep my eyes on the situation.

sbleiweiss 11-22-2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rascal55 (Post 2833614)
The tension was so slack that when the slide was out the "in" cables were lying on the roof of the slide and vise/versa.This lack of any tension on the opposite cables did not seem right to me.

What are the "in" cables and the "out" cables? When our slide is out I see four cables, two low and two high. When the slide is in I don't see any cables. Sorry if this is a dumb question.