iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

ctpres 11-22-2015 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2834728)
What are the "in" cables and the "out" cables? When our slide is out I see four cables, two low and two high. When the slide is in I don't see any cables. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Four cable pull slide in and four pull it out. The ones you see outside are the ones that pull slide in. With slide in reach behind wood trim at each corner and you can find/feel the out cables. Easy to feel cable tension and check for beginning cable failure at the ends where cable attaches to back side of wood trim.

gavaman 11-22-2015 02:23 PM

I have a new 2016 Thor Challenger 37kt. Any idea where I could get the rubber piece that goes on top and under the shower door. It's already cracked and leaking. I emailed THOR but they never answered and I don't want to take it into the shop for them to take weeks to get the two pieces. Any suggestions?

ctpres 11-22-2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 2835226)
I have a new 2016 Thor Challenger 37kt. Any idea where I could get the rubber piece that goes on top and under the shower door. It's already cracked and leaking. I emailed THOR but they never answered and I don't want to take it into the shop for them to take weeks to get the two pieces. Any suggestions?

Drip shields may not be the problem. Look at space between threshold and bottom of door on hinge side and latch side. I'll bet latch side is much lower causing drip shield to be forced over threshold causing excessive wear. If it is then shower frame needs adjusting to square things up. When shower walls properly aligned, new drip shields installed and everything is recaulked you should be OK.

bigben 11-23-2015 05:39 AM

Give Thor Warranty A Call

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 2835226)

Best suggestion: Call Tom Overton at Thor Warranty at (877) 855-2867. Tell him the problem. I have done this for a couple of parts that needed repair and often they will send to you and let you install. May ask for the old parts back to validate the condition. Great folks to work with.

Before you call you will need your VIN number. Normally only want the last 8 digits but before they can help much they will need that VIN number.

sbleiweiss 11-23-2015 08:31 PM

Question about Water Pressure and Water Pump-

When we were at Thor the tech said we could run the water pump while hooked to city water to increase the pressure. Tried it tonight and it worked, but I can hear the pump still running even after stopping using water. Is it a problem to have pump on while water bay is set to city water? Should pump continue to run? Does it pull water from the fresh tank in this scenario, or just add some extra push to the city water coming in?

H3OHIO 11-24-2015 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2837055)

When we were at Thor the tech said we could run the water pump while hooked to city water to increase the pressure. Tried it tonight and it worked, but I can hear the pump still running even after stopping using water. Is it a problem to have pump on while water bay is set to city water? Should pump continue to run? Does it pull water from the fresh tank in this scenario, or just add some extra push to the city water coming in?

If the pump is running its pulling water or trying to from your tank. It shouldn't keep running after you turn the faucet off, it may be back feeding to the city water if the pressure is that low.

ctpres 11-24-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2837055)

Water pump running after everything shut off - Only three things that I can think of for problem as described. If backfeeding city supply line backflow preventer is bad. Remove city connect hose and see if water comes out while pump running. If it does and fresh water tank level goes down - replace backflow preventer. Or pump is feeding water into storage tank - selector knob in right position this should not happen - but just monitor tank level and see if it goes up. Or there is a leak and probably a pretty big one for continuous run pump. Water will show up somewhere. If pump only runs for seconds after faucet shut off - that is normal.

sbleiweiss 11-25-2015 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2837855)
Water pump running after everything shut off - Only three things that I can think of for problem as described. If backfeeding city supply line backflow preventer is bad. Remove city connect hose and see if water comes out while pump running. If it does and fresh water tank level goes down - replace backflow preventer. Or pump is feeding water into storage tank - selector knob in right position this should not happen - but just monitor tank level and see if it goes up. Or there is a leak and probably a pretty big one for continuous run pump. Water will show up somewhere. If pump only runs for seconds after faucet shut off - that is normal.

Thanks for the responses. Here is an update. Yes, the pump was sending water from the freshwater tank. The pump kept running after two showers for a surprisingly long time but did eventually stop. So I guess maybe it just took that long to re-pressurize. My remaining question is this. Can we get a mix of city water and pumped water at the same time (for the best pressure), or is it just an either or option?

handyman1943 11-26-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2838637)
Thanks for the responses. Here is an update. Yes, the pump was sending water from the freshwater tank. The pump kept running after two showers for a surprisingly long time but did eventually stop. So I guess maybe it just took that long to re-pressurize. My remaining question is this. Can we get a mix of city water and pumped water at the same time (for the best pressure), or is it just an either or option?

We have done this many times over the years. Whenever we are staying at a site that has low water pressure, I make sure that our tank is full and turn on the pump giving us increased pressure and flow.

sbleiweiss 11-27-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyman1943 (Post 2839870)
We have done this many times over the years. Whenever we are staying at a site that has low water pressure, I make sure that our tank is full and turn on the pump giving us increased pressure and flow.

So Handyman, is it sending water from both the city water and tank at the same time to get the increased pressure?

handyman1943 11-30-2015 03:30 PM

I believe that both are being used. I have a small pressure tank (2 gallon) in my system and my pump doesn't cycle nearly as much when I am also using city water. Another indication is the fill cycle time on our washing machine -- much shorter when using both systems at the same time.

sbleiweiss 12-01-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyman1943 (Post 2844637)
I believe that both are being used. I have a small pressure tank (2 gallon) in my system and my pump doesn't cycle nearly as much when I am also using city water. Another indication is the fill cycle time on our washing machine -- much shorter when using both systems at the same time.

Thanks Handyman. I think so too since it seems to generate more pressure. How did you get a pressure tank added to your system?

PattyP 12-03-2015 06:13 PM

question about the king bed in the KT, can you use regular king sheets and king mattress pad or it is a different size king in an RV versus our king bed at home? I just laid on it for a second and it felt pretty hard to me.

bigdaddy5120 12-03-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2848737)
question about the king bed in the KT, can you use regular king sheets and king mattress pad or it is a different size king in an RV versus our king bed at home? I just laid on it for a second and it felt pretty hard to me.

A RV king is smaller than a king home bed. You will have to buy a RV king pad and sheet.