iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

PattyP 12-03-2015 06:36 PM

I was looking at that screw in thingee in the fridge door today at Camping World. Was wondering why it was on there? If it's not on there will the fridge door open on it's own while driving down the road? We have a class c and our fridge doesn't have any special device to keep fridge doors closed and we have no problem with doors opeing.

bigdaddy5120 12-03-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2848760)
I was looking at that screw in thingee in the fridge door today at Camping World. Was wondering why it was on there? If it's not on there will the fridge door open on it's own while driving down the road? We have a class c and our fridge doesn't have any special device to keep fridge doors closed and we have no problem with doors opeing.

Yes , the residential Fridge will come open while driving.You have have a lock for it.

PattyP 12-03-2015 06:52 PM

I have noticed this problem with the table leaf down by the window and the table having a clamp on the foot to hold it down. There is only 2 of us usually so, I didn't give it much thought, but that is a stupid design. Wonder if unhook clamp and turn table around so leaf isn't against the window? Will that work?

PattyP 12-03-2015 07:38 PM

so, did Thor get your coach fixed properly now? Was the main problem the large slide out and is yours a 2013? WE are looking at a 2015 used to buy. Trying to read up on any problems before we take the jump.

PattyP 12-03-2015 07:41 PM

do the pull down shades work better than the white accordion looking shades for the side front windows? With such big windows on this model I was wondering how hot it will be in there? We live in Florida and the summers are brutally hot.

KC 12-04-2015 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2848847)
do the pull down shades work better than the white accordion looking shades for the side front windows? With such big windows on this model I was wondering how hot it will be in there? We live in Florida and the summers are brutally hot.

Accordion front side shades donít work well, pull down is better!!!

KC

KC 12-04-2015 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2848788)
I have noticed this problem with the table leaf down by the window and the table having a clamp on the foot to hold it down. There is only 2 of us usually so, I didn't give it much thought, but that is a stupid design. Wonder if unhook clamp and turn table around so leaf isn't against the window? Will that work?

Our table had two leafs, one on each side. It is attached to the floor so It will not move around while you travel. We love the table set up, as we had some like it in our last MH.

Good luck!!

KC

Sanford 12-04-2015 05:09 AM

Yes. We have a 2016 KT, and they work better than the accordion shades we had in the previous unit. I believe they will be as cool. I would suggest adding an exterior windshield shade as well.

Sanford
Kt37

ctpres 12-04-2015 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2848737)
question about the king bed in the KT, can you use regular king sheets and king mattress pad or it is a different size king in an RV versus our king bed at home? I just laid on it for a second and it felt pretty hard to me.

The mattress is 72x75 - very difficult but not impossible to find fitted sheets that fit.

PattyP 12-04-2015 10:33 AM

King Bed sheets

Where is the best place to buy the fitted king sheets for the Challenger KT bed? Anyone have any problems with this RV?

sbleiweiss 12-05-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2849397)
Where is the best place to buy the fitted king sheets for the Challenger KT bed? Anyone have any problems with this RV?

DW uses regular king sheets and just tucks more under. Gives much better choice of colors and fabrics for sheets, and no need to special order. It seems reading the forums that everyone has troubles with Challengers and all other brands too. We love the floorplan of the KT so much that we put up with whatever trouble, and again, unless you buy one of the custom built, million dollar MHs, other brands may have the same problems. And I'm only assuming the million dollar ones don't, I don't know for sure (and unfortunately, unlikely to find out).

ctpres 12-05-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2850592)
DW uses regular king sheets and just tucks more under. Gives much better choice of colors and fabrics for sheets, and no need to special order. It seems reading the forums that everyone has troubles with Challengers and all other brands too. We love the floorplan of the KT so much that we put up with whatever trouble, and again, unless you buy one of the custom built, million dollar MHs, other brands may have the same problems. And I'm only assuming the million dollar ones don't, I don't know for sure (and unfortunately, unlikely to find out).

Regular king sheets can work - that's what we have been using - but would like fitted. One source for 72x75 fitted RV and Truck Fitted Sheets Use drop down list in options section near bottom. Currently researching high thread count custom fitted higher quality sheet made in India for reasonable prices. If it pans out I will post info here. Some folks have used one or two sets of suspenders to pull up and hold excess under mattress.

Capone 12-05-2015 01:58 PM

Search Google for RV King size sheets. I currently use regular King sheets and it's just too much tucking, I will get RV sheets soon. I starting searching Google and found quite a few color choices at a decent price.

PattyP 12-06-2015 12:22 PM

thanks, everyone. We haven't taken possession yet of the KT with king bed yet. Soon I hope. Will look up king rv sheets on google. Need mattress pad too. don't like it when the sheets come off the corner or bunch up underneath me.