iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

AKJohn 12-09-2015 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2848847)
do the pull down shades work better than the white accordion looking shades for the side front windows? With such big windows on this model I was wondering how hot it will be in there? We live in Florida and the summers are brutally hot.

I bought one of these windshield covers three years ago and am very happy with it. No need for a ladder to put in on/take it off. It has never come off even in the highest wind. It makes a huge difference in keeping the temperature down on those sunny days.

RV Sunscreen | Our Sunscreens, Shades and Covers

ctpres 12-11-2015 06:16 AM

Another "A+" report on Thor

In earlier post I mentioned slide cable problem and decision to let CW fix it vs a DIY. So glad I did not DIY! Bad news CW is now at six week point and still not done. Good news - CW ordered cable (week five) - Thor upgraded order and sent complete slide rebuild kit that includes rollers and cable. CW Rapid Response team got involved this week so things should start to happen. If you have real problems with CW - try posting your problem here.
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camping World Service and Installation
Scheduled to chase 70 degrees in southern FL around the 18th sure hope CW done by then.

bigdaddy5120 12-11-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2857333)
In earlier post I mentioned slide cable problem and decision to let CW fix it vs a DIY. So glad I did not DIY! Bad news CW is now at six week point and still not done. Good news - CW ordered cable (week five) - Thor upgraded order and sent complete slide rebuild kit that includes rollers and cable. CW Rapid Response team got involved this week so things should start to happen. If you have real problems with CW - try posting your problem here.
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camping World Service and Installation
Scheduled to chase 70 degrees in southern FL around the 18th sure hope CW done by then.

I warned you to stay away from CW. You won't have it by the 18th. The response team will only send it to the service manager of the CW you have it at , they are useless.

PattyP 12-12-2015 04:07 AM

Can you post a picture?

bdickson 12-12-2015 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKJohn (Post 2855078)
I bought one of these windshield covers three years ago and am very happy with it. No need for a ladder to put in on/take it off. It has never come off even in the highest wind. It makes a huge difference in keeping the temperature down on those sunny days.

RV Sunscreen | Our Sunscreens, Shades and Covers

John, when you ordered the sunscreen, did you have to provide them with measurements or just the make, model, year of the RV?

Demanda 12-13-2015 01:00 PM

Hi - we just pulled into a campground that has high water pressure. Do we need a water pressure regulator on a 2016 Challenger KT37? Thanks for any feedback!

Demanda from Delaware

bdickson 12-13-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demanda (Post 2860313)
Hi - we just pulled into a campground that has high water pressure. Do we need a water pressure regulator on a 2016 Challenger KT37? Thanks for any feedback!

Demanda from Delaware

A water pressure regulator is always a good idea. How high is the pressure at the campground?

bigben 12-13-2015 02:21 PM

X2 - Always need a water pressure regulator or wind up with blown out valves or seals in your coach. I leave mine on the water panel with a 90 degree elbow.

Demanda 12-14-2015 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 2860374)
A water pressure regulator is always a good idea. How high is the pressure at the campground?

The desk clerk doesn't know - it's printed on their hand out sheet that they have high pressure. We did as you suggested & got a pressure regulator. Thanks!

LyonsL 12-17-2015 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigben (Post 2860407)
X2 - Always need a water pressure regulator or wind up with blown out valves or seals in your coach. I leave mine on the water panel with a 90 degree elbow.

I also installed a pressure regulator on the water panel.

marcdohc 12-17-2015 05:20 PM

Wow! A beautiful 2016!

Hello everybody, I've been aa on and off member of these boards for about 5 years. We have had a 2004 Coachman 300 QB without slides since 2010 and owned 5 or 6 travel trailers before that. I first found the 37 KT floor plan about a year and a half ago and soon after that toured and drove one. It was a 2011 with six thousand miles on it and was in my budget. But after thinking about it long and hard decided it wasn't the right time. I then started to really appreciate the front end of the 2014. Well about a year later and I found myself online talking to CW in Savannah Georgia. They had a like new almost perfect condition 2014 KT with only six thousand miles on it. The salesman and sales manager swore up and down I'd love it and that it's almost flawless. My wife and I bought tickets flew down from Massachusetts with bags packed full of pillows blankets and everything we would need for the trip home. Unfortunately, they lied, it wasn't flawless or like new. We we're both heart broken and at the same time extremely pissed off. We rented a car and drove home. At the time it seemed like the worst thing that could have happened. But we're both glad it did, because it's what I needed to convince myself we belonged in a new one. I looked at all the colors and options and found exactly what I wanted at American RV in Grand Rapids Michigan. A 2016 37 Kt with the port paint job, lite cherry cabinets and theater seating. The upgraded cabinetry is beautiful and I really appreciate the extra gear in the transmission. My wife and I couldn't be happier with the way the transaction went. The staff was friendly and helpful and the place was immaculate, exactly how you would want and expect you're buying experience to go. After the four nights shakedown getting her home we have discovered a couple of issues. My closest Thor dealer is a cw. I believe it's been in their possession longer than it was in mine. I only had it in mine for about 6 days and they have now had it for 7. But we looking on the bright side, hopefully the kinks will be worked out and our 1 month in the keys trip this year will start many years of memories and good times in our new motorhome. This thread has been very helpful and has alerted me to issues that may come up and probably some that wont because of what I've learned. Thanks Macdohc

bigdaddy5120 12-17-2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 2865313)
I also installed a pressure regulator on the water panel.

I like this setup! Do you have a parts list for your setup ?

PattyP 12-18-2015 04:59 AM

What problems are you having with the new KT? We are picking up our 2015 KT today. It's used with 8,000 miles on it. I'm praying it all goes well. Our last 2 RV's have leaked, one used and one new.

LyonsL 12-18-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy5120 (Post 2865650)
I like this setup! Do you have a parts list for your setup ?

I bought the pressure regulator online but unfortunately our coach is in Florida and we just flew home for the holidays so I can't get that information at this time. I'll get back to you later with the information.

The "Y" & quick connect fittings were purchased at Lowe's & the 90 degree fittings & short water hoses were purchased at Walmart.